• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juande Ramos

Ramos was and is an excellent coach, his record at a number of clubs has proved that irrespective of what happened in his last season with us. Sometimes things just do not work out for a coach just look at what happened to Harry last season at QPR. But he is part of the past we have a good young coach with Tim and I hope he is given time and proper support.

I think in the years to come, history books will regard Ramos as a legendary Spurs manager. He won us our first and only trophy of the 21st century so far. That was also one of our only 2 trophies in the last 15 years. Not sure how people can try to put down his achievement because of a lack of success in the league. I think history books will always list down the number of trophies won by any club and won't mention how many times they finish top 4 in the league. Afterall, not many Spurs fans can still remember how many times we finished in top 4 in the 1980s. I think finishing 4th in league is meaningless unless you go on to win the the CL.

Looking at Ramos handling Dnipro against us in the EL, it rekindled memories of that superb Carling Cup win in 2008. Still find it hard to believe that we beat teams like ManCity, Arsenal and Chelsea to win it !

spurs-league-cup-wembley-2008.ashx

carlingcupfinal460276.jpg

article-0-006922ED00000578-921_468x296.jpg

cc_final_celebrate.jpg

Thanks for that Ramos.=D>

Last edited:
Ramos was and is an excellent coach, his record at a number of clubs has proved that irrespective of what happened in his last season with us. Sometimes things just do not work out for a coach just look at what happened to Harry last season at QPR. But he is part of the past we have a good young coach with Tim and I hope he is given time and proper support.

And yet he finds himself managing in Eastern Europe....?

Always said he was a top manager and his tactics against us lend weight to that argument. Wish we'd have persisted, despite how well 'arry did for us.

Some people on here are so kneejerk. Completely forget about all Ramos's failings because he got one result against us.
Same people that kneejerk over every Arsenal and Liverpool result regarding us getting top 4.

Its like the react only to the latest external stimulus and completely ignore anything that happened in the past.

Wow .. just wow ...

- The guy pulled off a cup win with us, thank you very much.
- Since then, his results with us were a **** show, Redknapp vastly improved our results with exactly the same side
- His career has spiraled downhill, ffs he's managing a **** team in eastern Europe
- Against a B team on a dire pitch, at home, against a manager with almost zero experience (especially in Europe), he achieves a mighty 1-0 win via penalty

And some people would take this guy back, or think he is some kind of legend? please ...

History has already justified Ramos sacking ..

Given that Levy hires and fires with such haste it's hard to know how Ramos, Jol, AVB and even Redknapp would compare with pre1990 managers.

What is a shame is that the lingering memory is the end, rather than the achievements . All of the above managed something special in their time and collectively have all contributed to Modern Tottenham. However, Daniel Levy still deserves credit for this all happening on his watch.

Some people on here are so kneejerk. Completely forget about all Ramos's failings because he got one result against us.
Same people that kneejerk over every Arsenal and Liverpool result regarding us getting top 4.

Its like the react only to the latest external stimulus and completely ignore anything that happened in the past.

This sums glory-glory up perfectly =D>

Given that Levy hires and fires with such haste it's hard to know how Ramos, Jol, AVB and even Redknapp would compare with pre1990 managers.

What is a shame is that the lingering memory is the end, rather than the achievements . All of the above managed something special in their time and collectively have all contributed to Modern Tottenham. However, Daniel Levy still deserves credit for this all happening on his watch.

Agree

- Jol -> took us from mid table dross to best of the rest, people forget how excited we were at the possibility of playing in Europe at all, also great credit for bringing that feel good feeling to the lane.
- Ramos -> got us a trophy, honestly believe that was important in restating our relevance as a top tier club
- Redknapp -> Qualified for CL, CL QF, a balanced team that allowed some great players to express themselves -> Bale/Modric/VDV, very attractive team to watch
- AVB -> got us our best points haul in PL, created a side while not attractive, could hold possession against the best, broke our United curse

All have helped the club progress, people often forget that 9th, 5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th is actually one of Spurs most consistent periods of performance.

Don't laugh too much. I have a feeling the 2008 Carling Cup win under Ramos is going to be our only trophy for quite some time. I think unless we get a more ambitious chairman and a special manager, we are not going to win any trophies for years to come. Then you will realise how special was that 2008 CC win.

Last edited:
Don't laugh too much. I have a feeling the 2008 Carling Cup win under Ramos is going to be our only trophy for quite some time. I think unless we get a more ambitious chairman and a special manager, we are not going to win any trophies for years to come. Then you will realise how special was that 2008 CC win.

There is a HUGE difference between loving that trophy win at Wembley against Cheat$ki and saying that Ramos will go down as a legendary manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC.

And yet he finds himself managing in Eastern Europe....?

So did Luciano Spaletti, so did Guus Hiddink, wasn't Harry going to manage Ukraine? Mancini has ended up in the Turkish league, Perhaps the money's good?

Last edited:
There is a HUGE difference between loving that trophy win at Wembley against Cheat$ki and saying that Ramos will go down as a legendary manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC.

This. Trying to claim he will be recognised as 'legendary' is absurd.

Back