• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juande Ramos

I knock up something like that for my girlfriend every now and again but it is getting harder and harder to get he to swallow it no matter how often I tell her how healthy it is :(
You could try adding some bourbon biscuits?
Actually, you may be on to something there. Maybe Ramos read that Wenger put Seaman in the youth team?

Interesting article from Jenas and I find it quite bizarre. On the one hand he was saying a strict regime worked for him and made him play the best he has played, and on the other, from AVB, he said it made him question and doubt himself. This is why players should not be paid so much as they think they are bigger than the club. They think they are the club! No wonder we find it hard at international level.

There is obviously a fine line with all of this and I guess this is why Poch prefers to work with the youngsters as they don't have the same sense of entitlement and ego that the older players have. Whilst I would not want to drink a cold mixture of potatoes, water and pasta blended to a pulp, pay me £50k a week and I'll have it every day!

Effective man management is the key and making players understand why they are doing what they are doing is key in modern day football. Ultimately though players need to realise they have to listen! Shows the difference between AVB, Ramos and Harry and you can see why some players would not take to AvB and Ramos. Makes me think that we have the a good compromise between the styles with Poch.

He's talking about AVB's training methods, but when your coach (who has no doubt studied this meticulously) tells you that your position is wrong, then your instinct is most likely wrong. Hodgson does the same when it comes to drilling team shape. He will stop the players and tell them what they're doing wrong.

As I remember Jenas, he was an expert at taking up non-threatening positions, where all he can achieve is to pass it back to the FB, or simply hiding.

No, that was in 2006.

Only away win under Ramos that looks comfortable was 2-0 against Hapoel Tel Aviv. They had a player sent off in the second half.
That'll be the one. So players stopped playing for Juande in November, but won the cup the following February?

As I remember Jenas, he was an expert at taking up non-threatening positions, where all he can achieve is to pass it back to the FB, or simply hiding.

How ironic that one of his best ever performances came just after the Spaniard was sacked and replaced by Harry 'run about a bit' Redknapp.

How ironic that one of his best ever performances came just after the Spaniard was sacked and replaced by Harry 'run about a bit' Redknapp.

I'm not saying it wasn't, but how many great midfielders are there who's best performance came in a game where their team conceded 4 times, defensively we were a shambles that night

have some ITK on Ramos from someone who was working with him day to day. He was hardly ever at the training ground, most of the time spent in Spain.

So when things went wrong it is no surprise we gave him the chop.

Not sure how you can call that one of our best ever performances ! IMO, it was one of our worst ever performances, defensive wise ! In fact, both ours and Arsenal's defence were shyte in that match. We were very fortunate to score that 2 late goals to make it 4-4 as Arsenal went to sleep.

When you talk about real "best" performances, surely you need to give due credit to Ramos as we beat Arsenal 5-1 in that League Cup semi final. It was our biggest win over Arsenal since 1983 ! In fact, we have only scored 5 goals against Arsenal 3 times in our history : 5-0 league wins in 1911 and 1983, apart from that brilliant 5-1 win in 2008 LC semi final. Just imagine not even Sir Bill Nicholson's teams have scored 5 against Arsenal. For that, Ramos is a Spurs legend !

Not sure how you can call that one of our best ever performances ! IMO, it was one of our worst ever performances, defensive wise ! In fact, both ours and Ar5ena1's defence were shyte in that match. We were very fortunate to score that 2 late goals to make it 4-4 as Ar5ena1 went to sleep.

When you talk about real "best" performances, surely you need to give due credit to Ramos as we beat Ar5ena1 5-1 in that League Cup semi final. It was our biggest win over Ar5ena1 since 1983 ! In fact, we have only scored 5 goals against Ar5ena1 3 times in our history : 5-0 league wins in 1911 and 1983, apart from that brilliant 5-1 win in 2008 LC semi final. Just imagine not even Sir Bill Nicholson's teams have scored 5 against Ar5ena1. For that, Ramos is a Spurs legend !

Lighten up my friend, I didn't say it was one of our best performances, I said it was one of his, meaning Jenas's. I was focusing on the irony around the way JJ waxes lyrical in his article about how much he thrived under Ramos's strict regime but produced one of his most relaxed and expressive performances once the Spaniard had gone and been replaced by happy Harry.

Jenas was a good player, never understoodall the hate he got. We finished 5th in the league with him as cm and his partner was Didier Zokora.........

Back