• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juande Ramos

This. Trying to claim he will be recognised as 'legendary' is absurd.

Why is it absurd ? For me all the managers who win atleast 1 trophy for Spurs should be considered as legends. By winning the 2008 CC, Ramos has kept our proud tradition of winning atleast 1 trophy in every decade since 1950. If we don't win any trophy in the next 5 years, we will lose that record. Now that will be unacceptable and absurd !

Why is it absurd ? For me all the managers who win atleast 1 trophy for Spurs should be considered as legends. By winning the 2008 CC, Ramos has kept our proud tradition of winning atleast 1 trophy in every decade since 1950. If we don't win any trophy in the next 5 years, we will lose that record. Now that will be unacceptable and absurd !

Including George Graham?

Even if we never won another trophy, Ramos wouldn't be a legendary manager.

By your logic, Justin Edinburgh is a legendary player.

Yes ofcourse. Remember the 1999 WC win was our first League Cup trophy in 26 years.

The league cup is the least important domestic honour. It's nice to have a day out at Wembley and lift a cup but it is hardly something to be proud of.

The league cup is the least important domestic honour. It's nice to have a day out at Wembley and lift a cup but it is hardly something to be proud of.

Sorry milo but that is so disrespectful. We are not too big a club nor so laden with honours that we can turn our noses up at it.

I don't agree that Ramos is a legendary Spurs manager. However, speaking for myself that Carling Cup run was one of the highlights of my recent spurs memories, let's be honest there have been precious few. I think posters trying to do it down are being unfair. I have no idea what happened after the CC but no one can deny we were a very good side in that run and deserved to win it. For that memory I will always be grateful to Ramos.

Sorry milo but that is so disrespectful. We are not too big a club nor so laden with honours that we can turn our noses up at it.

I'm not turning my nose up at it but I do not think that it is anything to get too excited about either. it is the least important domestic honour.

I'm not turning my nose up at it but I do not think that it is anything to get too excited about either. it is the least important domestic honour.

But far better than no domestic honour
Or the shudderingly embarrassing 'finishing fourth' which so many people think is such an achievement these days

Because the word 'legendary' is thrown around far too easily these days. Bill Nic' was a legendary manager, Juande Ramos is not.

But far better than no domestic honour
Or the shudderingly embarrassing 'finishing fourth' which so many people think is such an achievement these days

I would take 4th over the League Cup every season. I would rather it wasn't that way but it would be ludicrous to ignore how important Champions League football is to recruiting and retaining the best players.

I would take 4th over the League Cup every season. I would rather it wasn't that way but it would be ludicrous to ignore how important Champions League football is to recruiting and retaining the best players.

But when have we as a club even had that choice? I.e. 4th or win a trophy. I think that old line is trotted out just to make us feel better about not winning trophies over the years. I recall seeing the fans at Wembley on that day it didn't look to me like they felt any less about the "least" prestigious cup. I remember feeling gutted about not being able to get a ticket and the absolute elation at the final whistle. In that moment I couldn't give a flying ****e about 4th place. It's about the glory and remembering why we became fans in the first place. I must be honest that I am surprised that you hold any trophy we win with such disdain. That is usually an attitude I associate with plastic, prawn sandwich eating fans.

Last edited:
But when have we as a club even had that choice? I.e. 4th or win a trophy. I think that old line is trotted out just to make us feel better about not winning trophies over the years. I recall seeing the fans at Wembley on that day it didn't look to me like they felt any less about the "least" prestigious cup. I remember feeling gutted about not being able to get a ticket and the absolute elation at the final whistle. In that moment I couldn't give a flying ****e about 4th place. It's about the glory and remembering why we became fans in the first place. I must be honest that I am surprised that you hold any trophy we win with such disdain. That is usually an attitude I associate with plastic, prawn sandwich eating fans.

I was over the moon when we won but you have to be honest about the level of esteem that the competition is held in.

trophies are whats important.

we won't look back in the future and count the times we entered the Champions League in our achievements list (well i hope it never comes to that) give me 10 years of wining League/FA Cups over 10 years making up the numbers in a competition we're never gonna win.

the importance of qualifying for the Champions League cannot be understated though i agree, but winning a trophy trumps qualifying for another tournament any day of the week.

we won't look back in the future and count the times we entered the Champions League in our achievements list (well i hope it never comes to that) give me 10 years of wining League/FA Cups over 10 years making up the numbers in a competition we're never gonna win.

the importance of qualifying for the Champions League cannot be understated though i agree, but winning a trophy trumps qualifying for another tournament any day of the week.

Winning the league cup will not help us hold onto our best players.

Personally, I loved our Champions League campaign. It felt like we were finally at the top table.

the importance of qualifying for the Champions League cannot be understated though i agre
e, but winning a trophy trumps qualifying for another tournament any day of the week.
yes yes and yes

In isolation yes. But 10 years of CL football will bring the club a lot further than 10 years of league cup wins.

CL participation was important to us signing VdV and keeping star players. Our league cup win saw us lose Berbatov and Keane the following summer, no?

In isolation yes. But 10 years of CL football will bring the club a lot further than 10 years of league cup wins.

CL participation was important to us signing VdV and keeping star players. Our league cup win saw us lose Berbatov and Keane the following summer, no?

The bottom line unfortunately.

Back