• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Feeling very 'flat' for the new season

Thats precisely it.

IF IT AINT BROKE YOU DONT FIX IT. Yes last years run in towards end of season was a bit of a disaster but at least we looked better than we do now.

Also if you are going to sack Harry for that run in then you sack levy for his petulance in the transfer market. I dont care if he spent 50m or 100m you buy players the Manager wants that fits his system. I very much doubt AVB was scouting the world and thought hey I want Clint fudgein Dempsey in my team. Whats Sig all about? prances about like a gazelle. 14m spent on players I very very very much doubt (1% chance I could be wrong) that AVB wanted both. 14m that coulda gone on players that the Manager does want.

Good post.

I don't think there's very many at all that have said that. Maybe we just don't have the hundreds of millions to spend that some think.

Dude - we all understand we dont have a bottomless pit but thats why its even more crucial to spend money wisely. I cited the Dempsey and Sig examples as money not going on players the manager wants (this is a fair assumption) That is 14m quid that could have gone towards players the Manager wanted. So to a certain extent I feel sorry for AVB but people on here did respond with a 'Levy will back the new Manager' when I kept on harping on about how Harry has had little money to spend last summer yet he got us fourth (and should have been third rightly so)

Dude - we all understand we dont have a bottomless pit but thats why its even more crucial to spend money wisely. I cited the Dempsey and Sig examples as money not going on players the manager wants (this is a fair assumption) That is 14m quid that could have gone towards players the Manager wanted. So to a certain extent I feel sorry for AVB but people on here did respond with a 'Levy will back the new Manager' when I kept on harping on about how Harry has had little money to spend last summer yet he got us fourth (and should have been third rightly so)

Dempsey is a replacement for VDV IMO. Once it was clear he would go we went for Dempsey. Sig is young, didn't cost a fortune and we bought him at a time when AVB would have been in talks with the club. I don't buy for one second that he didn't want him.

We're all down in the dumps after the manner of our defeat and the way the transfer window has worked. There are plenty more years left for us to become genuine title challengers, players and management come and go but we're the only constant.

Lets give AVB time, the redknapp lovers have been on his back since he started but you cannot doubt AVBs success in portugal where he has won a lot more than Redknapp has in a 30 year career. AVBs philosophy is completely different to the previous one in place and it will take some time before its truly implemented.

i could manage porto and win a trophy. lets compare the leagues

Fed up with the AVB apologists. He isnt up to it. His stint at chelsea proved that. Face it. He will be gone in the next 8 weeks. Spurs deserves better

The first half today was beyond woeful.

I think AVB will get given the standard new manager 10 week honeymoon period & then, in all likelihood, be given the tin tack.

I have great respect for Levy and what he has done for us, further I understand wholly the position we're in versus the income we generate versus stadium size and no CL football for two seasons.

But whatever happened with Moutinho, he has no excuses IMHO. AVB was very very clear indeed as to how much he wanted the player. He was within our reach. But we didn't seal the deal. He lost a good deal of my respect with that, because frankly, it showed me that his own ego would not allow him to do what needed to be done at it's expense...

I do think that once Dembele and Ade start a few games in a row, we will be fine...but there are some worrying elements, most notably for me Sigurdsson's total underwhelmingness.

Does ANYBODY have any idea of what exactly happened with Moutinho? Not getting him in was bizarre to say the least, especially as the player seemed very keen to foregoe another CL season with Porto and join us (and AVB).
When you don't have CL you thank your lucky stars that somehow you can attract a player from a team that is in the CL (because of the manager-player link) and you exploit that luck.

This time next year, no doubt Moutinho will have a pick of several other CL-level to choose from - or just City and Chelsea.

DAMMIT I WANT ANSWERS!!

Does ANYBODY have any idea of what exactly happened with Moutinho? Not getting him in was bizarre to say the least, especially as the player seemed very keen to foregoe another CL season with Porto and join us (and AVB).
When you don't have CL you thank your lucky stars that somehow you can attract a player from a team that is in the CL (because of the manager-player link) and you exploit that luck.

This time next year, no doubt Moutinho will have a pick of several other CL-level to choose from - or just City and Chelsea.

DAMMIT I WANT ANSWERS!!

Levy doubting AVB already and not wanting to commit £30 million plus?
Conspiracy theory alert!

Sorry but I don't buy into the whole Moutinho is the key argument. Yes in AVB's ideal system someone like Moutinho is important, but how can you build a team around one player? What happens if he breaks his leg? Does the system fall apart. AVB has more than enough quality at his disposal, if he fails to get the best out of the squad it should be more a reflection of his own skill( or perhaps lack of it) rather than a failure on Levy's part. Look at Wenger, season after season he loses who we think is a key player and still qualifies for Champs League and finishes above us.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

AVB ill give him as much time as he needs and like I say he isnt entirely to blame BUT AVB is simply another Ramos. One great season living on that season - simple.

you all said ahh Levy will back the new Manager to the hilt - errr not really has he. Actually its been very funny.

I said it in the OMT - last season I was going to games excitedly because watching us was fudging fun and was exciting and to a point successful. I have turned up to both games and id rather someone punched me in the eyes instead.

I dont agree with the booing and hated it - disgusting. But when we are all paying a brickload of money and going from exciting football to lacklustre - you have a right to moan OUT of the stadium

Of course fans have a right to moan especially on Forums because for lots of them it is as close as they get to the team, however for the second week on the trot i have had to have a go at dingdongheads in the Lane who moan at certain players everytime they recieve the ball.

These brain dead macarons have no idea what supporting a team means, for christ sake what is point of paying all that money to boo players of the team you are supposed to support.

I still feel a bit flat, even after today. Nothing to do with AVB or the team, just English football in general as you know more than likely which teams will be in the top 4 and who will be challenging for the title. And I'm still not over the fact that were not in the Champions League which starts this week. Will be boycotting Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project games in the league and CL for the most part, have no interest in what they do.

I still feel a bit flat, even after today. Nothing to do with AVB or the team, just English football in general as you know more than likely which teams will be in the top 4 and who will be challenging for the title. And I'm still not over the fact that were not in the Champions League which starts this week. Will be boycotting Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project games in the league and CL for the most part, have no interest in what they do.

I have to say I will feel REALLY flat when I see Chelski in CL this week (I might also boycott looking at their CL games/results). Tbh it'll be Arsenal who will make me feel really flat: when I compare their team last year with ours I weep; How did a team with Bale, Lennon, Modric, Ade, VDV etc NOT qualify??? The goals we scored against Bolton (yeah I know it was just Bolton) away in themselves showcased our CL credentials. Sigh :(

I have to say I will feel REALLY flat when I see Chelski in CL this week (I might also boycott looking at their CL games/results). Tbh it'll be Arsenal who will make me feel really flat: when I compare their team last year with ours I weep; How did a team with Bale, Lennon, Modric, Ade, VDV etc NOT qualify??? The goals we scored against Bolton (yeah I know it was just Bolton) away in themselves showcased our CL credentials. Sigh :(

And a squad with Ramsey, Frimpong, Jenkinson, Walcott, Gervinho, Park and Chamakh finished above us! Our squad was definitely better than theirs last season, but their experience told in the end and Van Persie single handedly got them 3rd.

Same. One win against a ridiculously poor Reading team has done nothing for me really. I know that sounds extremely negative, but there's just 'something' not quite right with the Spurs I love at the moment and I can't put my finger on it.

Back