• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Feeling very 'flat' for the new season

i always said top 6 was my expectation.

i agree with your sentiment though, but the tables have turned abit..VDV and modric and king are out.....

I agree with your expectation as it happens. But I posed the question because it is revealing about the changes Levy has made and the tolerances some have for us slipping below what ou previous manager achieved. Lets hope Levy gives AVB time to build a project then.

i've turned around. we've just done enough to be challenging top 4 again.
feels like we have sacrificed something but industry, hard work and some steel would bring some new dimensions to the game
and we've got a dribbler in dembele, with a ready working partneship with a proven goal scorer dempsey.
lots more options. happy for avb

CL qualification is still requirement. AVB thinks he can do that with the system/players he has put together.
We'll see, I'll be disappointed if we don't stay in touch with the leaders, given the investment made.

I'm excited about our signings and how we will play. Need to give them a few games to settle down, hopefully starting with a win today.

Think one of the few positives is that our rivals for 4th spot havent improved their squad- Liverpool, Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. However, its Everton who may be the dark horse.

We look very flat. No creativity or flair at all; i'm hoping that Hudd and Dembele step up to the occasion and provide the creativity for us this season.

It's not like we have a new manager trying to implement a new system..

I know its old hash but if thats the route of it all then is goes back to beg the question why change a winning formula??

As for the losing Modric, VDV and King The club knew that a long time ago in the summer get failed to replace them with proven quality targets and I am not talking about Dembele or Sig or Dempsey (with respect to all mentioned) I am talking about taking 33m and using it to invest in a proven quality centre midfielder and not leaving it till the last day to do it.

Like I said on another thread, it is also not just about losing them players, a team that finishes 4th should not just look to replace that talent but add to it...

Say Modric and VDV stayed you would have expected the club to have gone out this summer and added quality to the squad still wouldnt you??

Back