• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Feeling very 'flat' for the new season

CL qualification is still requirement. AVB thinks he can do that with the system/players he has put together.
We'll see, I'll be disappointed if we don't stay in touch with the leaders, given the investment made.

The net profit we made on transfers, d'you mean?

We're all down in the dumps after the manner of our defeat and the way the transfer window has worked. There are plenty more years left for us to become genuine title challengers, players and management come and go but we're the only constant.

Lets give AVB time, the redknapp lovers have been on his back since he started but you cannot doubt AVBs success in portugal where he has won a lot more than Redknapp has in a 30 year career. AVBs philosophy is completely different to the previous one in place and it will take some time before its truly implemented.

This is the season we see FOR DEFINITE how fickle Spurs fans are.

I don't think so. A new manager/player not being given time is only fickle if the same fans were clamouring for him to come in. Being fickle is turning on someone who has either done a good job, or turning on someone you originally wanted at the club (or used to support at the club).

I always find it bemusing how everyone says a new player/manager "deserves" time because in reality it should be a new manager/player needs to earn time and respect. I find it doubly bemusing that you'll get a player/manager who does well for a period of time and then the first time there is a bit of trouble people want them replaced. a) so much for support and b) surely it's better to get behind someone who has done well at the club previously?

Football fans sure do have some strange logic.

We're all down in the dumps after the manner of our defeat and the way the transfer window has worked. There are plenty more years left for us to become genuine title challengers, players and management come and go but we're the only constant.

Lets give AVB time, the redknapp lovers have been on his back since he started but you cannot doubt AVBs success in portugal where he has won a lot more than Redknapp has in a 30 year career. AVBs philosophy is completely different to the previous one in place and it will take some time before its truly implemented.

Name one?

You don't need to make the comparison with Redknapp. Comments like the one I've highlighted are like a red rag to a bull. You say it's pro Redknapp, but it's not. When you make unfair comparisons it's immediately going to annoy people and get them to point out the flaw in your argument. Then it suddenly becomes an AVB v Harry debate. But if you don't mention Redknapp then that wont happen.

You don't need to make the comparison with Redknapp. Comments like the one I've highlighted are like a red rag to a bull. You say it's pro Redknapp, but it's not. When you make unfair comparisons it's immediately going to annoy people and get them to point out the flaw in your argument. Then it suddenly becomes an AVB v Harry debate. But if you don't mention Redknapp then that wont happen.

I was talking more about the press really rather than the fans. I think a lot of the fans knew that Redknapp's tenure was over as he had no long term vision for the club.

I was talking more about the press really rather than the fans. I think a lot of the fans knew that Redknapp's tenure was over as he had no long term vision for the club.

I always find this statement strange, because for a manager there is no such thing as a long term vision for the club. And nor should there be. That's the chairman's job. The manager's job is to ensure that the team plays well in the here and now, because if you do that the future takes care of itself. If you build for the future, that future rarely comes.

Christ can we not just let the Redknapp situation go, he's gone, history and what is the point in bringing him up after every poor result.

Christ can we not just let the Redknapp situation go, he's gone, history and what is the point in bringing him up after every poor result.

Happened with Redknapp and Ramos too. People like looking at the past as opposed to the future really, it's quite sad.

Again it's you post in this antagonising way! You have no clue about Redknapps vision. It's not as if he was in charge of the club as a whole.

Don't you see, that what irritates the so called "Redknapp lovers" is that you continually post unsubstantiated things as fact, in order to have a dig? Why not just leave it? Sometimes I feel as if some of our fans want Harry to apologize for our best ever Prem seasons and the brilliant football we played. It really isn't going to help AVB at all. By continually sniping at Harry it's just going to raise expectations now he's gone.

In truth I think you need to make things up or exaggerate things in order to convince yourselves that sacking Harry was the right thing to do. I even sense there is a feeling that we aren't going to be as successful under AVB and some people want to try and blame Harry for this.

I love Harry for the fantastic job he did. But he was only part of an whole club effort, that included people who work with the future in mind. If our fans thought the clubs long term vision was implemented by the manager, then they are probably wrong. Also, there is simply no argument that Harry didn't have a long term vision. If he didn't his insistence on getting rid of the reserve teams and loaning out youngsters as it's better for their development seems very odd. I would have thought Livermore's, Caulker's and Walkers first team squad presence is largelly down to this.

Happened with Redknapp and Ramos too. People like looking at the past as opposed to the future really, it's quite sad.

It's actually not sad. The past, for anything in life, is your yardstick for the present. What I find genuinely sad is the people who failed to enjoy the last three seasons because they were a mini-golden era for us.

I feel sorry for AVB too, because he has an almost impossible job and Levy isn't a patient man.

It's actually not sad. The past, for anything in life, is your yardstick for the present. What I find genuinely sad is the people who failed to enjoy the last three seasons because they were a mini-golden era for us.

I feel sorry for AVB too, because he has an almost impossible job and Levy isn't a patient man.

I agree. If Levy is patient, AVB will come good, he's a clever guy and is obviously a good manager. You don't break records with a club like Porto if you aren't good.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

AVB ill give him as much time as he needs and like I say he isnt entirely to blame BUT AVB is simply another Ramos. One great season living on that season - simple.

you all said ahh Levy will back the new Manager to the hilt - errr not really has he. Actually its been very funny.

I said it in the OMT - last season I was going to games excitedly because watching us was fudging fun and was exciting and to a point successful. I have turned up to both games and id rather someone punched me in the eyes instead.

I dont agree with the booing and hated it - disgusting. But when we are all paying a brickload of money and going from exciting football to lacklustre - you have a right to moan OUT of the stadium

I have no doubt some on here will take more interest into what some of our former players do this season than what Spurs do.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

AVB ill give him as much time as he needs and like I say he isnt entirely to blame BUT AVB is simply another Ramos. One great season living on that season - simple.

you all said ahh Levy will back the new Manager to the hilt - errr not really has he. Actually its been very funny.

I said it in the OMT - last season I was going to games excitedly because watching us was fudging fun and was exciting and to a point successful. I have turned up to both games and id rather someone punched me in the eyes instead.

I dont agree with the booing and hated it - disgusting. But when we are all paying a brickload of money and going from exciting football to lacklustre - you have a right to moan OUT of the stadium

I don't think there's very many at all that have said that. Maybe we just don't have the hundreds of millions to spend that some think.

Maybe because in our current state of not having a bottomless pit of money, Harry achievements will be hard to surpass?? Only if AVB gets third and consistency in qualifying for the CL together with playing attractive football, will he ever been deemed more of a success.

I have great respect for Levy and what he has done for us, further I understand wholly the position we're in versus the income we generate versus stadium size and no CL football for two seasons.

But whatever happened with Moutinho, he has no excuses IMHO. AVB was very very clear indeed as to how much he wanted the player. He was within our reach. But we didn't seal the deal. He lost a good deal of my respect with that, because frankly, it showed me that his own ego would not allow him to do what needed to be done at it's expense...

I do think that once Dembele and Ade start a few games in a row, we will be fine...but there are some worrying elements, most notably for me Sigurdsson's total underwhelmingness.

They've been on his back since we got off to a poor start.

I can doubt his success actually because he had one of the best strikers in the world, plus Hulk and Moutinho at his disposal.

What exactly did Redknapp do to you?

Maybe because in our current state of not having a bottomless pit of money, Harry achievements will be hard to surpass?? Only if AVB gets third and consistency in qualifying for the CL together with playing attractive football, will he ever been deemed more of a success.

Thats precisely it.

IF IT AINT BROKE YOU DONT FIX IT. Yes last years run in towards end of season was a bit of a disaster but at least we looked better than we do now.

Also if you are going to sack Harry for that run in then you sack levy for his petulance in the transfer market. I dont care if he spent 50m or 100m you buy players the Manager wants that fits his system. I very much doubt AVB was scouting the world and thought hey I want Clint fudgein Dempsey in my team. Whats Sig all about? prances about like a gazelle. 14m spent on players I very very very much doubt (1% chance I could be wrong) that AVB wanted both. 14m that coulda gone on players that the Manager does want.

Back