• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Feeling very 'flat' for the new season

The first half yesterday featured breathtaking football from us once more. We played almost as well (had we taken our chances) as we could have. Yes, the second half featured a collapse in performance but Reading were always going to come back at us and until we get a few victories as a side, I think we will get jittery under pressure.

I do agree though that my love of the game is somewhat at a lower level than it once was. I think money has destroyed the game to an extent for me as Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are achieving false success by winning trophies based on the investment made on their squads rather than building a squad which will succeed slowly and through fair financial practices ie using turnover to fund their success, not the pockets of their owner.

I have to say I will feel REALLY flat when I see Chelski in CL this week (I might also boycott looking at their CL games/results). Tbh it'll be Arsenal who will make me feel really flat: when I compare their team last year with ours I weep; How did a team with Bale, Lennon, Modric, Ade, VDV etc NOT qualify??? The goals we scored against Bolton (yeah I know it was just Bolton) away in themselves showcased our CL credentials. Sigh :(

I'm quite looking forward to Man C turning ratface and co over.

Not looking forward to Thursday, we're a long way off ready for a game like that. We might be on the end of a tonking I fear.

?

Why would you want that? Lotto winners vs. one of Europe's greatest clubs of all time

Possibly because Madrid have rat boy in their team???? Hate city more than most but so long as he wins fudge all this season I'll be happy tbh.

Why are you calling a player who gave us nothing less than 4 great seasons 'rat boy'?

Not every player has to retire at Spurs - we made a massive profit on him and produced another class player who went to to compete at the very top. You can't keep top players with no CL football and no realistic chance of silverware. Does that deserve calling them derogatory names on their physical features?

I'm happy for him and hope he has a successful career - he's ex Spurs and holds a soft spot (much like everyone bar a few exceptions)

VdV did essentially the same thing (wanted out) - but he's been hailed as a class player who celebrated like a mad man during the NLDs

1st things first - 4 GREAT seasons? No.

Holds a soft spot for US? No.

Look, if you can forget how he treated your club well done. I'm not and won't be wishing him any success.

Soft spot as in from my perspective - ex. Spurs player - always keep an eye on them (except a few of course)

Actually - he was quite complimentary towards us in his latest interview.

Again - him and VdV technically orchestrated a similar move - why the division? Mostly because of the media coverage, imv and the protracted timeline (see Keane vs Berbatov, 2008)

When did VDV refuse to play for us arc? When did he train by himself so as not to create a divide in the camp?

And a squad with Ramsey, Frimpong, Jenkinson, Walcott, Gervinho, Park and Chamakh finished above us! Our squad was definitely better than theirs last season, but their experience told in the end and Van Persie single handedly got them 3rd.

Not quite IMO mate...agree re:RVP...

The first half yesterday featured breathtaking football from us once more. We played almost as well (had we taken our chances) as we could have. Yes, the second half featured a collapse in performance but Reading were always going to come back at us and until we get a few victories as a side, I think we will get jittery under pressure.

I do agree though that my love of the game is somewhat at a lower level than it once was. I think money has destroyed the game to an extent for me as Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are achieving false success by winning trophies based on the investment made on their squads rather than building a squad which will succeed slowly and through fair financial practices ie using turnover to fund their success, not the pockets of their owner.

????
A dip surely?

When did VDV refuse to play for us arc? When did he train by himself so as not to create a divide in the camp?

I presume you are referring to the US Tour - in that case, I'm not sure what took place or who advised him on what

As for PL games - same as last season against Utd and City - not in the right mind to play - not picked by management. Window closes - player's mind becomes 'right'. He wasn't picked which is fair enough

Both wanted out - one managed to swing it to his wife/kids/heart. etc. The other one made SSN headlines for 10 weeks hence the bitter taste. Fundamentally the same thing but fans' 'preception' on their respective moves is staggering

Not in the right frame of mind to play? Not sure what tinkles me off more that excuse or you excusing it????

Not in the right frame of mind to play? Not sure what tinkles me off more that excuse or you excusing it????

I'm not excusing him - simply offering the reason why he wasn't picked - it's a PR word more than anything. You can attach whatever term you wish, tbh

Anyway - this is heading O/T now

Last edited:
Disappointed not to see Modric start last night. Always, looking out for him now, like berbatov. Good memories, great days we had and nice reminisce.

Personally I hope the little rat flops massively.

Oh come on? Wouldn't you feel a sense of pride that we made him a better player, had the good times and went on to arguably the biggest team in the world. He won't forget us but now we have to let go. If he ever returns, I would stand an applaud and would be really disgusted if the majority didn't

Back