• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where you live

Are you in the city centre?

Let me know what food you're into and i'll have some suggestions.

Also bar wise - I work in the city centre so I'll be able to meet for a pint if you're around.

Do you mean the city centre of Leeds or Liverpool?

I live fairly central in Liverpool which is great as everything is soooo close.

I'm heading to your neck of the woods for an engagement party in Chapel Allerton I think, so it depends on how late we stay there as to whether we'll go out or not, on the Friday.

ha just seen this. live in ashley cross which im sure you know of based on your comments

Yeah the one of the nicer 'burbs' of Parkstone isn't it? near lower parkstone (the wife used to work at a bridal shop there whilst at uni), not keen on Parkstone central though.

Very handy living though all round, lots of mini-town centres, still a fair number of independant shops etc. I drove round alot as I supported all the bournemouth council sites (plus some in Poole dictrict) but still didn't know half of it very well 7years later when I left Bournemouth Council.

Wasn't meaning to sound down about the place in general though, just wanted to temper Roy's thought that is was some idyllic dream place :)

Beautiful. But obscenely expensive? I saw a programme talking about the cost of living due I massive population growth. Down to mining jobs.

Some things are insanely pricey. Eating out, property, video games, books, cars are so overpriced its laughable. I do think wages are higher here though. Across the board and not just in mining.
Bugger for tourists though!

I have lived in 25 different place around the UK, Europe & the World.

Currently in East Sussex where i have been for 9 years & i love it.

Am I the first to mention living in idyllic Haringey?

Brought up here, lived outside Haringey for a long time, and returned. I was surprised that the Spurs support has held up fairly well. Shortly after returning I went to watch a Spurs-Arsenal match (late in the lasagnagate season) in a pub in Crouch End and was surprised by the dominant Spurs support. You hardly knew the Arsenal supporters were there until they equalised. I expected it to be more Arsenal territory.

Do you mean the city centre of Leeds or Liverpool?

I live fairly central in Liverpool which is great as everything is soooo close.

I'm heading to your neck of the woods for an engagement party in Chapel Allerton I think, so it depends on how late we stay there as to whether we'll go out or not, on the Friday.

Chapel Allerton is a good night out so you might stay local.

I was trying to find a photo that shows off Chichester, and the only thing I could find that describes it properly is this:

chichester-07.jpg

One of the most quintessentially English places in the country IMO. Played cricket there many times and def in my top 3 grounds in the country. Beautiful spot.

One of the most quintessentially English places in the country IMO. Played cricket there many times and def in my top 3 grounds in the country. Beautiful spot.

Ever managed to hit the Priory? It's the closest to noisy I've ever seen in Chichester when that happens.

If this is about photos then I shall join you.

Bushey (my mum's):
Photo_Bushey_Heath_looking_south_WEB.jpg

It's a cute little town.

Finchley Central (my dad's):
800px-Ballards_lane.JPG

EDIT: Wow didn't realise how different the size of these photos are. Reflects the difference between the two places!

Back