• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where you live

Really? Now? I was born in 1978. My brother was born in 1986. We were both born at Edgware Hospital. I'm assuming you were born after 1986?

Yeah

Borehamwood is north London in my book. So is Edgware. St Albans, Bushey etc. all spurs country

Borehamwood, Bushey, St Albans, Watford etc. are all gonna have to be counted as Hertfordshire (yet still Spurs country), but Edgware can certainly be considered North London.

serengeti01.jpg

That is great. It looks almost like a place a couple of miles from my house in Nairobi. THIS is Africa =D>

Yeah

Borehamwood, Bushey, St Albans, Watford etc. are all gonna have to be counted as Hertfordshire (yet still Spurs country), but Edgware can certainly be considered North London.

They are all in the London urban area. I know they are technically Hertfordshire. But they are culturally and physically parting the fabric of London.

022765_364564c9.jpg

In the middle of Crawley, which is basically a brick-hole, is Tilgate park, and I live 100 yards from the edge of it.

076498_7a2af2b8.jpg

Lovely!!

Cheshunt. Can't upload don't know how. Used to be nice but not anymore unfortunately. The scum travel nearer and nearer first London, then Enfield now Waltham Cross. I plan to move to Bournemouth with my Missus and little boy much nicer breed of people.

But where's the nearest Waitrose and does the interweb work?

Interwebs 4MB.

Waitrose - Gillingham (15miles).

Work Blandford Forum (small market town) 6minutes, lovely! (was working in Bournemouth when we moved here, which was 45 each way)

Last edited:
Cheshunt. Can't upload don't know how. Used to be nice but not anymore unfortunately. The scum travel nearer and nearer first London, then Enfield now Waltham Cross. I plan to move to Bournemouth with my Missus and little boy much nicer breed of people.

Visiting is a lot nicer than living there IMO, was there for 5 years. I'd go for Wimborne or other nearby town if I had the time over. Location is very important though as it ranges from (relative) brickhole to lovely depending. Westbourne back into Bournemouth area is pretty good (we lived in Surrey Road, our back garden backed onto the central gardens which was a nice spot, 5minutes walk along the park into the town 7-8minutes to the beach, though we almost always drove to others which are less chavtastic).

My car was broken into twice, the misses once in the 5years though. Which highlights everywhere has it's issues. Where we are now I often leave my keys in the front door (as safety is no a concern at all so I'm pretty mindless! big plus).

Last edited:
Visiting is a lot nicer than living there IMO, was there for 5 years. I'd go for Wimborne or other nearby town if I had the time over. Location is very important though as it ranges from (relative) brickhole to lovely depending. Westbourne back into Bournemouth area is pretty good (we lived in Surrey Road, our back garden backed onto the central gardens which was a nice spot, 5minutes walk along the park into the town 7-8minutes to the beach, though we almost always drove to others which are less chavtastic).

My car was broken into twice, the misses once in the 5years though. Which highlights everywhere has it's issues. Where we are now I often leave my keys in the front door (as safety is no a concern at all so I'm pretty mindless! big plus).

We went there twice last year and fell in love with the place. Took our little boy there a month or so ago and just kept saying to ourselves what a much nice quality of life he would have done there by the beach compared to where we are now. The people, the air everything is nicer.

We took a bus from Bournemouth to Christchurch which was another lovely place and Poole was ok.

We went there twice last year and fell in love with the place. Took our little boy there a month or so ago and just kept saying to ourselves what a much nice quality of life he would have done there by the beach compared to where we are now. The people, the air everything is nicer.

We took a bus from Bournemouth to Christchurch which was another lovely place and Poole was ok.

I've done alot of gifting there, so you can thank me in no large part for that... :)

If you do go, be mindful that if you work in Poole, Christchurch is an hours drive in rush hour (for example), the road layout is difficult from alot of sides as it is a fairly big urban spread.

There are a lovely set of beaches though, no doubt, and I do like the locals. I do miss summer there, working in Town Hall, 4minutes stroll down to the beach to take in some 'views' :-"

I liked Abu Dhabi too, lots going on and some of it is actually finished unlike Dubai. The other places are a bit dull on the outside. Everyone and everywhere looks the same. It isn't like that here.

Agreed. Abu Dhabi is cool, Dubai is weird...the main mosque in AD is spectacular. I am not religious but it was something else...

022765_364564c9.jpg

In the middle of Crawley, which is basically a brick-hole, is Tilgate park, and I live 100 yards from the edge of it.

076498_7a2af2b8.jpg

Lovely!!

Grandparents used to live in Horley. Walked around Tilgate Park many times when I was a lad. Used to play for Crawley Cricket Club too ages 13-16. Place always was mostly a dump though.

Back