• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where you live

It's not always like this though... But yes, it's quite a nice place. Golf season's coming to an end now with temperatures heading for freezing point in the mornings. Snow tyres coming on this weekend. The house is turning brown soon, Arc, will be changing the outer panels this winter along with every single window. Already a good month behind schedule :(

I was trying to find a photo that shows off Chichester, and the only thing I could find that describes it properly is this:

chichester-07.jpg

I'm from Poole and live in Poole. Been around a bit but back in the home county. Could say Bournemouth as it is better known as Poole and Bournemouth effectively just one big town. See Harry around and about pretty reguarly

Visiting is a lot nicer than living there IMO, was there for 5 years. I'd go for Wimborne or other nearby town if I had the time over. Location is very important though as it ranges from (relative) brickhole to lovely depending. Westbourne back into Bournemouth area is pretty good (we lived in Surrey Road, our back garden backed onto the central gardens which was a nice spot, 5minutes walk along the park into the town 7-8minutes to the beach, though we almost always drove to others which are less chavtastic).

My car was broken into twice, the misses once in the 5years though. Which highlights everywhere has it's issues. Where we are now I often leave my keys in the front door (as safety is no a concern at all so I'm pretty mindless! big plus).

ha just seen this. live in ashley cross which im sure you know of based on your comments

Liverpool has a lovely waterfront, alot of money spent in the past 15 years.

Some of the others areas aren't so nice!! But that goes for any large city.

Yeah very true. Some proper brick holes but with the (fairly) recent development Albert Docks and Liverpool one do look very nice. The picture doesn't instantly cry out as being Liverpool but the city architecturally is beautiful in parts.

It has more listed buuldings than any city in the UK bar London.

The 3 graces are great.......the city centre is top notch now.

But the likes of Kensington and Islington? Not so much! :)

Ironic given what the counterparts are like in London!

lived in l'pool for 4 years, brilliant city

currently in:

5864378858_c6bd053e77_z.jpg

but moving to walthamstow in two weeks as buying a proper house with stairs and garden etc. - unfortunately i'm not a multi millionaire so can't afford to buy in Kenny T

You know that made me smile.

My whole family is from Kentish Town before they moved out to Borehamwood after the war.

When I was a kid Kentish Town was a proper brick hole!!! The idea that you need to be minted to buy there is crazy to me!

progress for you, walthie's started to go the same way, bloke i'm buying off has made £75k in 3 years and done fudge all work to the property!

kentish town road was known as murder mile as recently as the early noughties, stabbings galore! bit where i've always lived (east side!) was never too bad though

i wouldn't say it was foreign cash directly in places like kentish town, but maybe a knock-on effect of the influx of foreign cash in areas like kensington, hampstead, notting hill etc. means people who would previously have bought in those areas buy in places like KT as they've been priced out of traditional bourgeoisie areas - then all the pubs turn into gastro pubs, the nice deli's and health food shops move in etc. and the area become quite affluent, however, turn the corner and you'll find the people referred to in bbc article mixed in with the 3 wheeler buggie phalanx

It has more listed buuldings than any city in the UK bar London.

The 3 graces are great.......the city centre is top notch now.

But the likes of Kensington and Islington? Not so much! :)

Ironic given what the counterparts are like in London!

I've always thought that about the Scouse and London Kenny, one's a fudging warzone and the other is shall we say a little bit more pleasant.

It took me a while to warm to Liverpool but I love it. Not my ideal place to bring up kids but to study at? Fantastic.

On my way to Leeds on Thursday, may be heading out on the town but might not, any suggestions if we end up that way?

i wouldn't say it was foreign cash directly in places like kentish town, but maybe a knock-on effect of the influx of foreign cash in areas like kensington, hampstead, notting hill etc. means people who would previously have bought in those areas buy in places like KT as they've been priced out of traditional bourgeoisie areas - then all the pubs turn into gastro pubs, the nice deli's and health food shops move in etc. and the area become quite affluent, however, turn the corner and you'll find the people referred to in bbc article mixed in with the 3 wheeler buggie phalanx

Exactly that......places like Kentish Town have become much more expensive as natives have been pushed out of the likes of Kensington etc.

Have to say that looks very pretty - and that means a lot coming from me when talking about Liverpool!

If only they could do a bit of London-style gentrification (evict all the scousers and replace them with wealthy Southerners) then they might make a decent city of it! ;)

I've always thought that about the Scouse and London Kenny, one's a fudging warzone and the other is shall we say a little bit more pleasant.

It took me a while to warm to Liverpool but I love it. Not my ideal place to bring up kids but to study at? Fantastic.

On my way to Leeds on Thursday, may be heading out on the town but might not, any suggestions if we end up that way?

Are you in the city centre?

Let me know what food you're into and i'll have some suggestions.

Also bar wise - I work in the city centre so I'll be able to meet for a pint if you're around.

Back