• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

All players that can win us a title

Maybe not on their own, but guys like that can fill in the massive gaps in our squad (fullback, CM, AM), so we can get the best of our match-winners like Kane, Son, and Dele, etc. And who knows? Maybe in a few years, they will mature into match winners. I am so much more in favor of these kinds of signings than blowing all our money on a single big-name signing. I'd be in favor of signing anybody from that list, except possibly Bowen.

Give me one big-money CM signing from the continent (Diawara?), then some combination of 3-5 of the names listed in the tweet (plus Maddison, AWB, Sessegnon, Jamal Lewis, Daniel James, Jack Clarke), and that's a great summer imo.
Would love to see the squad look something like this next season... New players in caps

IN: Brooks (40), AWB (40), Sess (30) Diawara (25), Grealish (30) = 165

OUT: Eriksen (70), Toby (26), Trippier (20), Aurier (15), Wanyama (10), Jannsen (5), Davies (10) = 156

GK: Lloris (Gazzaniga)

RB: WAN-BISAAKA (Walker-Peters)
RCB: Sanchez (Foyth)
LCB: Vertonghen (Dier) (CCV)
LB: Rose (SESSEGNON)

DCM: DIAWARA (Sissoko) (Dier)
CM: Winks (GREALISH) (Onomah)

ACM: Dele (Lamela)
WIDE FWD: Son (Lucas)
ACM: BROOKS (SESSEGNON), (Edwards)

ST: Kane (Son) (Llorente)

Last edited:
Maybe not on their own, but guys like that can fill in the massive gaps in our squad (fullback, CM, AM), so we can get the best of our match-winners like Kane, Son, and Dele, etc. And who knows? Maybe in a few years, they will mature into match winners. I am so much more in favor of these kinds of signings than blowing all our money on a single big-name signing. I'd be in favor of signing anybody from that list, except possibly Bowen.

Give me one big-money CM signing from the continent (Diawara?), then some combination of 3-5 of the names listed in the tweet (plus Maddison, AWB, Sessegnon, Jamal Lewis, Daniel James, Jack Clarke), and that's a great summer imo.
Would love to see the squad look something like this next season... New players in caps

OUT: Eriksen (70), Toby (26), Trippier (20), Aurier (15), Wanyama (10), Jannsen (5), Davies (10) = 156

Jus wanna add that Bowen looks better than brooks did in an inferior side in that division

Davies would go for more than £10m comfortably

Don’t knock it until you have tried it

And all part form Tierney are home grown
Exactly. Dele was no more than a talented youngster in League One when we signed him, he’s now one of the top players in the PL. There are plenty of young players in the Championship and a few even lower down who with the right application and coaching would be a hit for even the top teams in the PL, but we are the most likely of the big six to give them a platform....

Exactly. Dele was no more than a talented youngster in League One when we signed him, he’s now one of the top players in the PL. There are plenty of young players in the Championship and a few even lower down who with the right application and coaching would be a hit for even the top teams in the PL, but we are the most likely of the big six to give them a platform....

It’s no different to Madrid bringing in a Vinicius or Barca buying Arthur ... except their names are much more glamourous

That's quite a significant downgrading. I'd much rather we just went out and spent big on 3 things - de ligt to replace alder, ndombele to replace wanyama, and a big new contract for eriksen

That's quite a significant downgrading. I'd much rather we just went out and spent big on 3 things - de ligt to replace alder, ndombele to replace wanyama, and a big new contract for eriksen

Even though we’ve seen this season that our squad isn’t strong enough?

Even though we’ve seen this season that our squad isn’t strong enough?

Only in CM, and that was because of Dembele and Wanyama expiring, although Sissoko has developed into taking one of those.

2 top drawer first teamers, rather than 6 or 7 punts, needs to be our approach

I know its a special case (due to the embargo) but this is what we are up against:

"Chelsea plan to convince Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay at Stamford Bridge by offering the winger a contract worth £100,000 a week. It would probably be cheaper just to give him a few games, you know."

I know its a rumour- but he has not had a PL start.

Besides the fact that we have no chance of getting either of those guys, that still leaves us with our fullback brickshow, just one year older and more injured. De Ligt is basically odds on for Barca, and Ndombele seems totally out of our reach at this point. Plus, we continue to have a problem hitting our homegrown quota.

The worst thing about passing on an entire year of squad building is that we didn’t take any shots on young English players, even tho they have been by far our most successful transfers over the last few years (Rose, Walker, Dele, Dier, Trippier). None of those players were exciting when they came in, all have played a big role in this era of Tottenham. And there is so much similar talent in the Championship and lower half of the Prem... just look through the England youth teams.

I wouldn’t be against taking a big bet on a continental player, but we also MUST replenish our stock of talented, young, homegrown players, and there are so many to choose from in this country.

Back