• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Never paid much attention to him, is he a leader? I think we need a leader someone who can organise the defence. If toby goes then I think we will need that.

Not sure he us captain material but he always looks calm in what he does, reminds me a lot of Jan in the way he plays. Only 26 and looks better now he has settled at Everton.

I think it was Koeman who signed him and there was a lot of unrest ( and new players) having problems settling in. In his first season he played under three managers and the team struggled, he looks more at home now under Silva.

cool, not seen him enough to really know.

So Ajax's De Jong has revealed that he came close to joining us last summer, but the timing wasnt quite right. Just proves those suggesting there's no money to spend is nonsense and that for the right player we do have cash.....

Thought his comments were quite interesting.

“The moment wasn’t right. I wasn’t finished at Ajax, as I hadn’t yet played a full season in my own position.

“I was also injured in that period, so I was thinking, ‘Not yet’. I felt I should stay for another year at Ajax, or perhaps longer.

“I considered their [Spurs’] offer long and hard. I see Tottenham as a very stable club, and they are only getting better. They give young players a chance and I see Mauricio Pochettino as a manager who really improves young players. I like the kind of football they are playing. I think it would have suited my game.”

Thought his comments were quite interesting.

“The moment wasn’t right. I wasn’t finished at Ajax, as I hadn’t yet played a full season in my own position.

“I was also injured in that period, so I was thinking, ‘Not yet’. I felt I should stay for another year at Ajax, or perhaps longer.

“I considered their [Spurs’] offer long and hard. I see Tottenham as a very stable club, and they are only getting better. They give young players a chance and I see Mauricio Pochettino as a manager who really improves young players. I like the kind of football they are playing. I think it would have suited my game.”
Encouraging and disappointing to read.

So Ajax's De Jong has revealed that he came close to joining us last summer, but the timing wasnt quite right. Just proves those suggesting there's no money to spend is nonsense and that for the right player we do have cash.....

I think it shows that not being able to move players on was massive.

We should always try and sign ajax players.

Definitely, although with the reported link between Barcelona and Ajax, that will be a lot harder from now on.

Otherwise I want us to get Tagliafico, and Ziyech. I do want De Ligt but that seems highly unlikely.

And I was referring to letter as reference to Rivaldo’s letter back in the day.

Zaha....I don't know. He's clearly dangerous but it's not a position we are in urgent need of a replacement unlike Toby, RB, LB, CM.

Didn't impress me in the game, tbh. Was generally lost, didn't track back much, if at all, and just looked childish trying to get into a fight with Trippier - and let's be honest, if you're failing to make an impact against *Trippier*, you're pretty crap.

I have no doubt that he ticks a number of boxes we need this summer - can cover on the wings and up front, strong, fast, big, a skilful dribbler, entering his prime, homegrown.

But is he worth what Palace will ask for him (60m+)? I dunno.

Zaha....I don't know. He's clearly dangerous but it's not a position we are in urgent need of a replacement unlike Toby, RB, LB, CM.

We can solve 2 of those in one hit.

Had a good look AWB last night. Defensively excellent. Not so sure on the attaching front. If anything I could see him playing RCB in a back 3, and in time, even the right centre of a back 4.

So you get 3 options with him:

RB in 4
RCB in 3
Potential to develop into a top class CB

I’d be all over it if I were Spurs, even for top money.

Yesterday was a good result, it highlighted our challenge re squad

- Rose basically playing as a midfielder, Dele forced to play deep (seems we "sacrifice" him or Eriksen), Sissoko our 1st name on teamsheet in midfield (no disrespect to the guy or the output he has done all season), Trippier still starting.

- We really need a DM, preferably one that is step up on Dier (having Dier fit and as a rotation option would be great)
- We need a RB, Trippier had a good run, but just isn't good enough defensively (DM & RB upgrade should help with GA and defeats we have had this season)
- Competition for Winks in that deeper creative CM role

And that's without replacing Toby/Eriksen if they go … summer will be interesting/nerve-racking

Back