• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I’d love to see us start investing in an influx of promising young talent like that, and let Poch work his magic.

Genuinely feel it’ll reap better rewards than spending even greater silly money on slightly more established / bigger reputation foreign players.

Yeah, I think so too. Just because they're not called N'Kranka, Spudlevic and Italco don't make them bad players. Fans will have lower expectations as well, which isn't a bad thing.

Besides the fact that we have no chance of getting either of those guys, that still leaves us with our fullback brickshow, just one year older and more injured. De Ligt is basically odds on for Barca, and Ndombele seems totally out of our reach at this point. Plus, we continue to have a problem hitting our homegrown quota.

The worst thing about passing on an entire year of squad building is that we didn’t take any shots on young English players, even tho they have been by far our most successful transfers over the last few years (Rose, Walker, Dele, Dier, Trippier). None of those players were exciting when they came in, all have played a big role in this era of Tottenham. And there is so much similar talent in the Championship and lower half of the Prem... just look through the England youth teams.

I wouldn’t be against taking a big bet on a continental player, but we also MUST replenish our stock of talented, young, homegrown players, and there are so many to choose from in this country.
100%. Nails on heads!

I haven’t even seen some of these guys, but as a general discussion point hoes this for a combined target list of some names mentioned here and around:-

Diawara (Napoli) DM

N’Dombele (Lyon) DM

Rice (West Ham) DM

Grealish (Villa) AMC

Brooks (B’mouth) AMC

Maddison (Leics) AMC

Bowen (Hull) WF

Barnes (Leics) WF

James (Swansea) WF

Sessegnon (Fulham) DL/WF

Tierney (Celtic) DL

Chilwell (Leics) DL

Aarons (Norwich) DR

Wan-Bissaka (Palace) DR

Last edited:
400%. Nails on heads!

I haven’t even seen some of these guys, but as a general discussion point hoes this for a combined target list of some names mentioned here and around:-

Diawara (Napoli) DM

N’Dombele (Lyon) DM

Rice (West Ham) DM

Grealish (Villa) AMC

Brooks (B’mouth) AMC

Maddison (Leics) AMC

Bowen (Hull) WF

Barnes (Leics) WF

Roberts (Swansea) WF

Sessegnon (Fulham) DL/WF

Tierney (Celtic) DL

Chilwell (Leics) DL

Aarons (Norwich) DR

Wan-Bissaka (Palace) DR

Out of that list what 2 do you think we will try to get and what do you think the reason for them not joining be?

What about a cheeky bid for Alexis sanchez come summer? Potentially an excellent player, and it'd tinkle off the goons. :p

I would rather we try and sign Konate of Leipzig then Keane, far higher ceiling and probably already better anyway to be honest.

Apparently Bailey for bayer has been in great form this year as well. I really hope we are looking out to Germany for signings this summer.

I would rather Keita we try and sign Konate of Leipzig then Keane, far higher ceiling and probably already better anyway to be honest.

Apparently Bailey for bayer has been in great form this year as well. I really hope we are looking out to Germany for signings this summer.

Germany is a great breeding ground for younger players and they don’t cost crazy money. All German clubs except for Bayern work within a premise than everyone has a price and there is an informal hierachy for clubs to buy from

Although it does look like Liverpool have been mugged with Keita who I really thought would hit the ground running

Germany is a great breeding ground for younger players and they don’t cost crazy money. All German clubs except for Bayern work within a premise than everyone has a price and there is an informal hierachy for clubs to buy from

Although it does look like Liverpool have been mugged with Keita who I really thought would hit the ground running

Weird that, you'd think they would have done their homework considering they waited a year to sign him.

I would rather we try and sign Konate of Leipzig then Keane, far higher ceiling and probably already better anyway to be honest.

I can’t see us targeting a foreign country in particular, with our home grown players count bring so skewed at the moment.

I can’t see us targeting a foreign country in particular, with our home grown players count bring so skewed at the moment.

That’s what I would have thought too. More likely sign the likes of Michael Keane and Ward-Prowse.

That’s what I would have thought too. More likely sign the likes of Michael Keane and Ward-Prowse.

I do like Keane he looked a very good player in the making during his time at Burnley, he has had a slow start at Everton but he is settling down and looking a very good player again.

I do like Keane he looked a very good player in the making during his time at Burnley, he has had a slow start at Everton but he is settling down and looking a very good player again.

Never paid much attention to him, is he a leader? I think we need a leader someone who can organise the defence. If toby goes then I think we will need that.

Dembele has gone, to so will likely Toby and Eriksen, Llorente is on a free. I would expect or hope that Aurier, Wanamya (sadly his knee is knackered) and Lamela a waste of a squad space will leave.

So we could quite happily sign 4 or 5 non home grown players. I am not personally against signing young British players. I would go for Aarons and Lloyd kelly as our new full backs. Would also bring Sessegnon in as an attacking wing forward.

We dont need to target exclusively one country but if we did go down the path of signing from one country it can help the players settle in quicker.

Back