• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

After reports that Ajax want Alderweireld and Vertonghen. How about we give them both of them in exchange for De Ligt? Alderweireld is only worth £25m and is very likely gone over the summer. Vertonghen has been excellent but a move would let him return to his former club where he made a name for himself. And we would end up with a highly rated defender for the future. I’d say get the deal done.

I voted Vertonghen as best player last season but would respect if he were to move. He’s 31 now and so to bring in a top top youngster to replace him would be forward thinking.

There is zero chance of us signing De Ligt, he is Barca's first choice signing this summer

De Ligt is Barca bound. And I wouldnt recommend of getting rid of both Toby and Verts in the same season anyway. That is a wealth of experience, and if both were to leave it would really show up our vulnerability in defence. Both Foyth and Sanchez whilst talented have proved to be shaky, and with Toby odds on to leave we shouldn't be getting rid of Verts too. He might well end up finishing his career in Ajax, but I dont think the time has come just yet - he is still at his peak in the PL....

I do not trust Foyth playing against quality position in a back 4

I just hope we do not sign Ivan Persic, because this season he has been tinkle poor. I know some people want him but we should be looking for better. I think we would be dodging a bullet just as we did with Andre Gomes whom I remember many on here wanted us to sign

There is no way we could bring two upcoming players in for one position (AWB and Aarons). If we got AWB, I'd happily let Aurier and Tripps go, but with Aarons we'd need to keep one on as the lad has no top league experience.

I know I will get slagged off for this, but with us having sold Dembele, and Wanyama looking like not being able to return to the player he was, we could do with another DM. One with some "bite" and fight.
I also know he's seen as a grade A clam, but I think Ander Herrera would have been a good signing for us. He IS a clam, but if we're honest, we'd love him if he played for us.

I know I will get slagged off for this, but with us having sold Dembele, and Wanyama looking like not being able to return to the player he was, we could do with another DM. One with some "bite" and fight.
I also know he's seen as a grade A clam, but I think Ander Herrera would have been a good signing for us. He IS a clam, but if we're honest, we'd love him if he played for us.
is he a DM? I always saw him as a link player rather than DM - Matic is the DM. Competing with Winks rather than Wanyama or Dier.

is he a DM? I always saw him as a link player rather than DM - Matic is the DM. Competing with Winks rather than Wanyama or Dier.
Call him what you want, but he's very effective when united want to shut down the game, and he's also good at man-marking and taking players out of the game (in every possible meaning). He's not bad going forward either, and knows how to pass.

Call him what you want, but he's very effective when united want to shut down the game, and he's also good at man-marking and taking players out of the game (in every possible meaning). He's not bad going forward either, and knows how to pass.
I like him he is decent, see him staying at United ($$$) or going back to spain myself but can see the value in having him in the squad.

Lets go Portguesse for the next generation Rafael Leão from Lille and João Filipe from Benfica for our attacking buys. Seems to fit into our traditional buying pattern of going for talented young players.

His two main skills seems to be mouthing off in the media and somehow avoiding getting sent off despite committing numerous yellow card worthy fouls every game.

You forgot he is also good at throwing himself to the ground every time he is touched.

Lets go Portguesse for the next generation Rafael Leão from Lille and João Filipe from Benfica for our attacking buys. Seems to fit into our traditional buying pattern of going for talented young players.
As for talented young players, I've been really impressed with Swedish international Alexander Isak! Incredible pace, excellent technique and very clever runs. Looks like a great talent. 19 years old, tall (192 cm), plays in Holland for Willem II. Seen him a few times now, and he's been very very good.

Back