• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Both of them look a little slow to me. That being said I don't like to judge any foreign player in their first season in England, the game is far more frantic and it often takes players from the slower paced Southern European leagues a year to adjust.

tickle my balls with a feather, some fans fail to accept that playing in the Prem is harder/faster then most other leagues around.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham are all reportedly monitoring Benfica winger Jota.

According to reports in Portugal from O Jogo, all three Premier League sides are admirers of the player, while German giants Bayern Munich are also being credited with an interest.

The report states that the latter had scouts watching the player during Benfica’s Europa League clash with Dinamo Zagreb last week.

Bayern are set to revamp their squad this summer and the report claims that the Bundesliga champions believe that Jota is not only a player that could be at the club for the long-term but also someone who could step into a first-team role straight away.

Jota currently has a €30 million release clause in his contract with the Portuguese side, but the report claims that talks are already underway as the club look to increase that to ensure that they do not lose the player on the cheap.

Arsenal and Spurs are once again considering a summer swoop for star AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie, it is claimed.

The Ivorian moved to the San Siro from Atalanta in summer 2017 in a bizarre two-year loan deal, with Milan expected to pay €20m this summer to make it a permanent move.

Despite him being an almost ever-present in Gennaro Gattuso’s side and their charge into the Champions League places, there is still uncertainty surrounding Kessie‘s future.

Calciomercato.com provided an update on his situation earlier in the week, implying that recent events have left Kessie’s future at the club in doubt.

They hinted that the midfielder’s recent struggles for form, as well as a spat with team-mate Lucas Biglia on the bench during Sunday’s defeat to Inter, could have changed Milan’s mindset.

It has been reported that an offer of €40m would tempt the Rossoneri to sell, while Corriere dello Sport suggest that that the Gunners and Tottenham are among those monitoring his situation.

China is also mentioned as another potential destination for Kessie, while Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with a move, as have Chelsea.

Report: Tottenham and Juventus watched Boubakary Soumare on Wednesday

French outlet Foot Mercato have claimed that both Tottenham Hotspur and Juventus were in attendance during France Under-20’s 1-0 win over Argentina to watch Lille star Boubakary Soumare.

The 20-year-old midfielder has broken into Lille’s matchday squad, and although 12 of his 15 2018-19 appearances have come from the bench – he has impressed enough to gain the attention of Spurs and Juve.

Soumare was picked by France’s Under-20 side in their clash against Argentina. The winner came from Borussia Dortmund centre-back Dan-Axel Zagadou – who featured in both Champions League legs against Spurs this season.

The report claims both Spurs and Juve watched the match. Soumare joined Lille from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2017 and was offered a contract by Juve, but opted to further his career at Lille.

He was signed by current Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa in the summer of 2017, before the Argentine gaffer gave Soumare his debut in November 2017.

TBR’s view
Spurs’ problem position is certainly central midfield. The sale of Mousa Dembele in January left the north Londoners even lighter on numbers, when they were already thin on the ground in that area.

However, is Soumare any better than Harry Winks, or even Oliver Skipp? England youth international Skipp seems in a similar position to Soumare, in that he gets the odd few minutes here and there.

Soumare is showing signs of potential. But surely then French midfielder is no improvement on what Spurs already have?

Adam Johnson has just been released from jail. Worth a punt on a free for an ex England international?

He’d at least bring lots of youth to the team.

They wouldn’t be his of course, but that’s by the by...

Adam Johnson has just been released from jail. Worth a punt on a free for an ex England international?

He’d at least bring lots of youth to the team.

They wouldn’t be his of course, but that’s by the by...

Leave the guy alone - don’t be a git:cool::)

Think we may be in for a Poch2.0 reboot this summer. Out with the (relatively) older players and in with a crop of hungry youngsters Poch can work his magic on. Just sayin '

After reports that Ajax want Alderweireld and Vertonghen. How about we give them both of them in exchange for De Ligt? Alderweireld is only worth £25m and is very likely gone over the summer. Vertonghen has been excellent but a move would let him return to his former club where he made a name for himself. And we would end up with a highly rated defender for the future. I’d say get the deal done.

I voted Vertonghen as best player last season but would respect if he were to move. He’s 31 now and so to bring in a top top youngster to replace him would be forward thinking.

After reports that Ajax want Alderweireld and Vertonghen. How about we give them both of them in exchange for De Ligt? Alderweireld is only worth £25m and is very likely gone over the summer. Vertonghen has been excellent but a move would let him return to his former club where he made a name for himself. And we would end up with a highly rated defender for the future. I’d say get the deal done.

I voted Vertonghen as best player last season but would respect if he were to move. He’s 31 now and so to bring in a top top youngster to replace him would be forward thinking.
De Ligt is Barca bound. And I wouldnt recommend of getting rid of both Toby and Verts in the same season anyway. That is a wealth of experience, and if both were to leave it would really show up our vulnerability in defence. Both Foyth and Sanchez whilst talented have proved to be shaky, and with Toby odds on to leave we shouldn't be getting rid of Verts too. He might well end up finishing his career in Ajax, but I dont think the time has come just yet - he is still at his peak in the PL....

Back