• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Doesn’t feel like anymore movement is likely on our side. Reckon we’d have heard about some more concrete links by now if anything was in the pipeline.

what time does the window slam shut, midnight UK?

Seen rumours we are still trying to get one or two in but even then, all you see on Twitter is posts about Dan James!

So Chelsea have just spent another £70m on Fofana, £100m deal for that young Defender and they want Aubameyang for a reported £25m - £30m. I know they have borrowed £800m but surely they have got to be close to FFP regulations?

So Chelsea have just spent another £70m on Fofana, £100m deal for that young Defender and they want Aubameyang for a reported £25m - £30m. I know they have borrowed £800m but surely they have got to be close to FFP regulations?

Ffp (at the moment) is over 3 years. The last couple they have sold youngsters to cover their spending.
Next season it's 90% of turnover can be spent on amortisation, wages and agents fees.
Amortisation means the cost of the player is spread over the length of the contract. So fofana costing £75m on a 7 year contract would equal just over £10m a year plus wages.

So probably not. Even if they were, they could sell a couple to get them back in the black.

Last edited:
Should Levy have done the same? Front load spending? We probably an afford it more than Chelsea with the stadium and the ancillary businesses expecting full capacities?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Should Levy have done the same? Front load spending? We probably an afford it more than Chelsea with the stadium and the ancillary businesses expecting full capacities?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Levy hasn't really got money apart from spurs. Neither had enic. They had to sell their other assets to gain a contolling stake.

Lewis could have if he wanted but as levy couldn't match him it would have diluted his stake. They could have borrowed money. But it seems they thought building the stadium would be the catalyst. Lewis also lost a fortune on bear sterns and has other investments.

If we get out of the group stages of the cl, our turnover is likely to be higher than that of chelsea and liverpool this season. Only utd and city would have more and not by much. We are now on a level footing with other clubs in the prem financially (if we ignore the financial doping of city and probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

Levy hasn't really got money apart from spurs. Neither had enic. They had to sell their other assets to gain a contolling stake.

Lewis could have if he wanted but as levy couldn't match him it would have diluted his stake. They could have borrowed money. But it seems they thought building the stadium would be the catalyst. Lewis also lost a fortune on bear sterns and has other investments.

If we get out of the group stages of the cl, our turnover is likely to be higher than that of chelsea and liverpool this season. Only utd and city would have more and not by much. We are now on a level footing with other clubs in the prem financially (if we ignore the financial doping of city and probably Saudi Sportswashing Outfit).
Then player trading has to compensate. Chelsea's academy strategy seems to be paying off, player trading is a huge income earner for them, significantly higher than us.

I expect Levy to have designed Paratici's job description as a revenue instead of cost driver.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Then player trading has to compensate. Chelsea's academy strategy seems to be paying off, player trading is a huge income earner for them, significantly higher than us.

I expect Levy to have designed Paratici's job description as a revenue instead of cost driver.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

It was a masterstroke - Chelski exploited the pre FFP era to stockpile thousands of players they can now sell, and use the profit to strengthen their first team.

Haha ITKs saying there could be 1, 2 or even 3 in, with possibly 1, 2 or 3 out!... and club is keeping a lid on things. But could also be 0 and wait until January for ones we want.

All bases covered there lol

Sounds like a Trix classic that.

I'm gonna err on the side of doom and gloom I reckon, for a laugh...

No new players in, and Conte will start making comments about the club not doing what he wants within the next few weeks.

Disband the club, what about the £150m! Levy out! Paratici is actually rubbish! Get Poch back now!

Arthur to Liverpool is a good piece of business, tidy player who never hit the heights at Juve.

Back