• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Arsenals squad is paper thin
It’s why they were panicking yesterday to buy the lad from Villa to replace Partey
We have penetration from the right… we have 2 proper wing backs that’s haven’t been used yet
We will never have it through the middle as that’s not contes set up

True about depth vs quality. Remains to be seen but Arsenal played with a rather thin squad last season too, considering a lot deadwood didn't make it to the pitch.

Penetration from the middle includes CBs high line launching attacks from the back, as was with Conte's winning Chelsea team. Unfortunately we can't do that with our regular defenders. Romero is the only one who can and things look so different when he's injured, it shows how thin on quality we are back there.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

True about depth vs quality. Remains to be seen but Arsenal played with a rather thin squad last season too, considering a lot deadwood didn't make it to the pitch.

Penetration from the middle includes CBs high line launching attacks from the back, as was with Conte's winning Chelsea team. Unfortunately we can't do that with our regular defenders. Romero is the only one who can and things look so different when he's injured, it shows how thin on quality we are back there.

Arsenal played just over 40 games last season
This year with Europe they should be playing 55 and they have players making more international starts too

conte had penetration with Luiz, but not his wide centre backs. Don’t forget opposition teams played different then too
He knows what he wants and we ain’t chasing under him. Just get used to it

Arsenal played just over 40 games last season
This year with Europe they should be playing 55 and they have players making more international starts too

conte had penetration with Luiz, but not his wide centre backs. Don’t forget opposition teams played different then too
He knows what he wants and we ain’t chasing under him. Just get used to it
This reminds me of the school of thought during Leicester's title winning season.

This reminds me of the school of thought during Leicester's title winning season.
What does?
That arsenal have actual proper games this season or conte ain’t changing his tactics for anyone

I mean arsenal last season should have done better playing so few games in reality (like Leicester did)

What does?
That arsenal have actual proper games this season or conte ain’t changing his tactics for anyone

I mean arsenal last season should have done better playing so few games in reality (like Leicester did)
No, the continuing 'don't worry, it won't last' theme.
Although they choked at the end of last season, there points per game has been good for awhile, they have improved the squad, and Arteta is potentially learning all the time.

No, the continuing 'don't worry, it won't last' theme.
Although they choked at the end of last season, there points per game has been good for awhile, they have improved the squad, and Arteta is potentially learning all the time.
They have improved the first 11, 100%
Arteta so learning… this season he is using an encyclopaedia for his speeches
Their squad is paper thin… they may still scrape wins (like they did a lot last year) but hey, they do what they do.
They now start a run of 2 games a week which they havent had really for a year. It’s why squad depth is key. They haven’t, IMO improved their squad

Injuries to Tomiyasu and Tierney meant they had to play Cedric and Tavares in the last 5 weeks of last season. From what I can tell, they haven’t improved depth in any one position, except maybe LB. Jesus gets injured / goes on a poor run of form they’re straight back to 5 goals in 21 appearances Nketiah.

Ivan Toney could be an astute signing next window at 26. Very hard working, good aerial threat and didn't realise until now, sweet strike on him.

Back