• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Decent window overall.

Doesn't feel like we've done enough to "challenge" but I would hope it's enough to consolidate top4.

Positive sign is that Conte is talking about transfer windows, plural to mount a real challenge, I think as long as he's at spurs we don't have mucho worry about but I fear what he comes out with if the results don't come...

I agree with you, we had a lot of work and transfer work to do when Conte came in. It was never going to be done in two windows and reshaping the side is still a work in progress. I think most sensiable fans can see that we have made progress but anyone who believed it could be done overnight must have been playing Football Manager/ other abacus games too often.

This window only emphasises what great business Paratici did in January. Richarlison was pricy but we desperately needed backup in attack and he really did fit the bill. More skillful than I gave him credit, and certainly tenacious. Perisic has that cool and experience. Best compliment I can pay him is he always looks like he has time. And he uses the ball well. Bissouma should come good, we know he can be a quality player. Excited to see Spence more. So yes, would agree we did well this window. No massive upgrades to the first 11 bar maybe Perisic, but a sensible massive upgrade to the squad.

This window only emphasises what great business Paratici did in January. Richarlison was pricy but we desperately needed backup in attack and he really did fit the bill. More skillful than I gave him credit, and certainly tenacious. Perisic has that cool and experience. Best compliment I can pay him is he always looks like he has time. And he uses the ball well. Bissouma should come good, we know he can be a quality player. Excited to see Spence more. So yes, would agree we did well this window. No massive upgrades to the first 11 bar maybe Perisic, but a sensible massive upgrade to the squad.
We will reap the rewards of the squad uplift as the season goes on. We got points vs Forrest and Chelsea IMO because of the legs from the bench when they came on

Since January we have a signed a whole new team.
Forster, Spence, Romero, lenglet, perrisic, udogie,
Bissouma, Bentacur
Kulu, Lankshear, Richarlson…
That’s a hell of a change

We will reap the rewards of the squad uplift as the season goes on. We got points vs Forrest and Chelsea IMO because of the legs from the bench when they came on

And maybe Moura, Royal, Spence (and even Kulu) will come good at RWB. Can make a case for each of them playing there.

Since January we have a signed a whole new team.
Forster, Spence, Romero, lenglet, perrisic, udogie,
Bissouma, Bentacur
Kulu, Lankshear, Richarlson…
That’s a hell of a change
Relatively speaking I don't think we've improved the squad significantly. We have better depth, meaning more of similar quality, but not much more quality if you consider this window. And the obvious lack of penetration from the right and through the centre. Conte's management skills will be tested to the max.

Arsenal is going to be hard to ignore in the battle for top four. They are young getting better too.

Hopefully one of the other Top 3 is going to have a breakdown....but it's more competitive this season. I do not think its going to be Emirates Marketing Project. Haaland's movement is amazing and clear upgrade to Jesus and Sterling. Hopefully Real comes calling for him soon.

One thing we I am slightly concerned about is players going bad. We had Eriksen and Dele do that to us recently and it wasn't about age too. Hopefully that's a one a million years thing and we never face it again . And despite our transfers in, selling players still seem to be a weak point.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Relatively speaking I don't think we've improved the squad significantly. We have better depth, meaning more of similar quality, but not much more quality if you consider this window. And the obvious lack of penetration from the right and through the centre. Conte's management skills will be tested to the max.

Arsenal is going to be hard to ignore in the battle for top four. They are young getting better too.

Hopefully one of the other Top 3 is going to have a breakdown....but it's more competitive this season. I do not think its going to be Emirates Marketing Project. Haaland's movement is amazing and clear upgrade to Jesus and Sterling. Hopefully Real comes calling for him soon.

One thing we I am slightly concerned about is players going bad. We had Eriksen and Dele do that to us recently and it wasn't about age too. Hopefully that's a one a million years thing and we never face it again . And despite our transfers in, selling players still seem to be a weak point.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Arsenals squad is paper thin
It’s why they were panicking yesterday to buy the lad from Villa to replace Partey
We have penetration from the right… we have 2 proper wing backs that’s haven’t been used yet
We will never have it through the middle as that’s not contes set up

Arsenals squad is paper thin
It’s why they were panicking yesterday to buy the lad from Villa to replace Partey
We have penetration from the right… we have 2 proper wing backs that’s haven’t been used yet
We will never have it through the middle as that’s not contes set up

Completely agree about Arsenal's squad. When European fooball kicks in, that should show up. They have 3 or so injuries at the moment and are already short

Shame that they have Utd thi week. Would have preferred someone weaker

Completely agree about Arsenal's squad. When European fooball kicks in, that should show up. They have 3 or so injuries at the moment and are already short

united hate arsenal
They will be well up for it

How much did we spend? Given the free spending by Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal etc, I wouldn't be surprised if we are now confirmed top 6 status rather than top 4. But then I've learned to be pessimistic supporting Spurs...Are we better than Man U now? Than Arsenal? we won't know till the end of the season, and it might be close.

a

after last night, manu will slap the goonies (incoming draw)

How much did we spend? Given the free spending by Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal etc, I wouldn't be surprised if we are now confirmed top 6 status rather than top 4. But then I've learned to be pessimistic supporting Spurs...Are we better than Man U now? Than Arsenal? we won't know till the end of the season, and it might be close.

I would say our front line and back line is as good if not better than those mention, its the inbetween I worry about. Perisic is a hug improvement on the LWB but yet to be seen if we have improved at RWB. We need better in CM to make the next leap forward though

All in all it was a decent window and based on where we were last year we continue to move forward, we didnt need as much work as those around us so I am not totally put off by numbers. What I would say is that based on what we have and what we have done, we are one more good window away from being seriously good

Arse have improved their first 11 but their squad is really weak
United haven’t actually done anything IMO to
Improve their first 11 unless Casimero turns out to be amazing (I’ve always thought he was average)
Chelsea have been crazily random… no idea with them
Pool are arguably weaker losing Mane
City are actually better IMO but it will be marginal in reality
We have improved our first team by having proper wing backs (conte just needs to play both) and trusted options in CM, and the added depth in the squad is already showing (people have already forgotten) Chelsea away

Seen a rumour that Sevilla told him to sit tight until January and they'll offer him a contract.

So what happens at Forest? They have signed 21 players, how many did they sell? Have they now got like 40 first team players on their books?

So what happens at Forest? They have signed 21 players, how many did they sell? Have they now got like 40 first team players on their books?
They went up last season with a load of loan players basically. They barely had a squad left once all the loans expired and also a few out of contract, etc. Think they lost over 10 players from their promotion squad.

Back