• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Don't know where to put this, but combined with the Balotelli to Inter rumors;

Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario Balotelli has escaped unhurt after he was involved in a car crash in Emirates Marketing Project centre.

His white Bentley was involved in a collision with a Vauxhall Corsa near Deansgate Locks this afternoon.

Balotelli was unhurt but a female passenger in Balotelli's car was taken to hospital 'as a precaution'. It is not known if the passenger was Ballotelli's girlfriend Raffaella Fico.

The club have confirmed the 21-year-old was involved in a car smash.

They said that Baltoelli was not at fault and was unharmed along with the driver of the other car.

According to some reports, Balotelli was driving a white car and was said to be 'shook up' but was unhurt and apparently joked with onlookers.

A police spokesman said: "Shortly after 3.15pm on Thursday 5 April 2012, police were called to Medlock Street, Emirates Marketing Project Centre to reports of a collision between two cars.

"The passenger of one of the cars was taken to hospital for precautionary measures."

"Inquiries are ongoing."

An eyewitness told the M.E.N.: "It happened quite fast. The Corsa was doing a U-turn at the time.

"The Crosa span 360 degrees - it was a hefty bang. The Bentley stopped for a couple of seconds and then drove around the corner and pulled up.

"Mario wound the window down and said 'get that man to me'. I don't think he wanted to get out. A girl was with him and she looked shook up.

"The driver of the other car was dazed. His car was a mess.

"Mario was on the phone and a short time later a Range Rover turned up with a couple of Italian-looking blokes inside who looked like they knew him.

"Paramedics arrived and looked at the man in the car and the girl in Mario's and then the police came down and took statements."

Balotelli was involved in a car crash in Manchester just weeks after signing for City in August 2010. His Audi A8 collided with a car on Chester Road, Hulme.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...after-car-crash-at-deansgate-locks-manchester

mario-luigi.jpg

People seem to be missing the point it's not about buying 'first teamers' or 'squad players'. It's about bringing together a squad.

The very problem we have is that we have players that know they are tagged as 'squad' players, won't get in the team unless someone gets injured and aren't happy about it. See Corluka, Krancjar, Pav, Defoe, Bassong.

I concede that the 'first teamers' are better, but you need to keep the squad players hungry and give them a chance to stake their place in the team and keep them in the team if they do well.

This is where I feel Redknapp has failed this year, he's not rotated at the right times to keep the squad fresh and not wanting to leave.

It's hard to be too critical mind, given our current position. Just my opinion. Fergie is a master at this.

I agree with this overview of the issues with our squad at the moment. I would add that while there will always be squad players new signings should be signed either clearly with that in mind ie. Saha, Nelsen. Or with the idea that they have the potential to break into the first team given a run of games. Let's not forget that Bale was signed as a left back based on his potential.. which was only discovered due to an injury to BAE.

Squad rotation - keeping players motivated and fit - could also unearth another gem. So yes, let's improve the squad but they must be the right signings and motivated to perform. 10 minutes at the end of a game already won/lost does nothing for anyone.

Small rumour about that Fergie wants to cash in on Vidic (2 years left on contract) this summer and stick with Rio and Smalling, Jones and Evans for next season.

I think we may see King retire in the summer. I think its starting to catch up on him.....hardly surprising with sheer number of games he's played this season. Im amazed he has done so well. True Legend.

Vidic would be a great addition to the back, and would add that little top 4 nastiness we miss. Doubt for a second it will happen though.

Vidic would be offered a contract by Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Milan, and Bayern should he be put up for sale. We would be pretty far down the list of clubs he'd want to join, or United would want to sell to (fallout from the Berbatov saga and the 'PL competitor' thing). But, even assuming he did by some incredible feat wish to join us, our very first offer would be sent back with a sticky note saying 'Modric for Vidic' stuck to it.

If they sell Vidic it will be to Italy or Spain. His wife has reportedly been unhappy in the past.

Back