• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Just seen on SSN that apparently we are in talks with Swansea over the extension of Caulker's loan into next season. Thoughts?

was speaking with some Swansea fans before the game last week and although they were all full of praise for him they did think he wasn't ready to be playing first team football for a top 4 side and could do with at least another year on loan

was speaking with some Swansea fans before the game last week and although they were all full of praise for him they did think he wasn't ready to be playing first team football for a top 4 side and could do with at least another year on loan

As an extension of that, how well do people think King, Gallas, Kaboul and Dawson would have done for Swansea? Apart from on the ball play that is so important for Swansea I think Dawson would have been their best defender by some distance, even though he was 4th choice for us the last time he was fit.

i dunno about that, Swansea rely heavily on all their players being good on the ball and competent passers - would probably have effected their style of play having a player like Dawson in their side - not that he is a bad defender mind, just not suited to that particular team imo

i dunno about that, Swansea rely heavily on all their players being good on the ball and competent passers - would probably have effected their style of play having a player like Dawson in their side - not that he is a bad defender mind, just not suited to that particular team imo

I agree. That's why I said "Apart from on the ball play that is so important for Swansea..."

i see it now, you said the best 'left right' winger in thr country. not sure what you meant by it but i made an assumption on you meaning left and sort of half glazed over the bit where you said right as well

My bad, I mean to say best right winger in the country

but no one is going to tell me that valencia is ahead of nani in the pecking order...MAYBE ahead of young? but i dont think so personally.

Firstly I think I am right to say that Valencia rarely if ever plays on the left. Secondly I do not think there is a pecking order when it comes to Nani and Valencia, rather I think they are probably as effective as each other to the team, the main difference being Valencia tends to provide more assists while Nani tends to score more goals. Also Nani is just as effective on the left. For the record african it is because I think they are both as effective as each other on the right is the reason I referred to them in the first place although I might not have expressed myself properly

I reckon if Dawson gets over his injury problems and becomes tired of being 4th choice CB, might sound stupid but I reckon he could be a terrific player for a club like Napoli or another high profile Italian team. He'd have fun playing in a 3-5-2 and his lack of pace wouldn't be as much of a problem. Guess he doesn't seem like someone who is desperate to move abroad but I'd definitely want to give playing abroad a go if I was a professional footballer

By the way I suggested earlier that Valencia had a long term injury two seasons ago, it was actually last season which is why he only played 10 matches last season. I think Nani has more flare but Valencia is more liable to help his full back. Even if you do think nani is the better player, and you may be right, it makes me wonder if we could ever have a right winger at least almost as good as Lennon. I think the competition would be good for both of them and would benefit us greatly

Vertonghen coming in and King being given a new deal?

How much have you seen of him? Becaus based on what I have seen, what I have heard Dutch pundits say, and what Ajax fans say he is not all that. Not particularly fast and overrated with Ajax happy to sell. I am yet to come across anyone from Holland rave about him

I reckon if Dawson gets over his injury problems and becomes tired of being 4th choice CB, might sound stupid but I reckon he could be a terrific player for a club like Napoli or another high profile Italian team. He'd have fun playing in a 3-5-2 and his lack of pace wouldn't be as much of a problem. Guess he doesn't seem like someone who is desperate to move abroad but I'd definitely want to give playing abroad a go if I was a professional footballer

No way do I see Dawson as the kind of player who would go to Italy.

How much have you seen of him? Becaus based on what I have seen, what I have heard Dutch pundits say, and what Ajax fans say he is not all that. Not particularly fast and overrated with Ajax happy to sell. I am yet to come across anyone from Holland rave about him

The few times I've seen him for Ajax that has been my impression as well. Very comfortable on the ball, but poor positioning and nowhere near quick enough to make up for it. Scores goals though.

You say that as though we are long ball merchants. He has had lots of game time for us and we play far better football than Swansea do.

I'm pretty surprised myself. Bassong and Nelsen will almost definitely be leaving and King and Gallas won't be able to play too many games, leaving Kaboul and Daws as the only reliable CB's.* I agree with Gutter Boy in that the management must have someone in mind to bring in. But does this mean that they don't believe Caulker is good enough or that he needs more experience because, based on what I have seen, he could do a good job. And he would get quite a lot of games thanks to the CL (hopefully).

*Is Dawson even reliable? I hope so, but his injury record this season may suggest otherwise.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Former France international and World Cup winner Marcel Desailly has urged Arsenal to swoop for 21-year-old Rennes sensation Yann M'Vila, at any cost. "You will see he is the best midfielder," said Desailly. "Better even than Patrick Vieira."

Full story: Daily Mail

Saudi Sportswashing Machine could fork out ?ú2m for young Barnsley captain Jacob Butterfield, despite the midfielder's knee ligament injury ruling him out of action until the start of next season. The Magpies are still willing to sign the player, agree compensation with the Tykes and take up Butterfield's rehabilitation programme.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Promotion-chasing Southampton and Europe-chasing Saudi Sportswashing Machine have both made bids for Burnley's in-form striker Jay Rodriguez. Burnley manager Eddie Howe admits the 22-year-old could be on the move this summer. "I'm sure there'll be clubs looking at him," admitted Howe. "We'll wait and see on that one."

Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov, expected to leave Old Trafford come the close season, may be headed for Turkish side Galatasaray.

Full story: caughtoffside.com

OTHER GOSSIP
Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has admitted the Tottenham job would interest him if Harry Redknapp vacated it to take up the role as England boss. "They are a major club with a bright future," said the former Everton defender.

Full story: Metro

However, Juventus coach Antonio Conte is apparently the real favourite for the Spurs job. The 42-year-old former Italy international midfielder has guided the Old Lady on a 30-match unbeaten Serie A streak.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic, who has been out this season with a serious knee injury, says he always knew his United colleagues would win the title this season. "The manager is the best at replacing players and the team still win titles and trophies," explained Vidic. "That is why Manchester United are so special."

Full story: the Sun

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has commanded his on-loan Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi to rest and recuperate after a hectic period for the teenager. "There has been an awful lot asked of the kid," Coyle admitted. "We will need to get him rested up as best as we can."

Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh, 28, says he has no intention of leaving Emirates Stadium at the end of the season. "I have spoken to [Arsene] Wenger and I will stay at Arsenal," predicts the Moroccan.

Former Norwich and England goalkeeper Chris Woods has backed current Canaries stopper John Ruddy, 25, not to let talk of an international call-up affect his club performances. "He's a great reader of the game, a great presence," Woods said. "He's just proved to everyone how good a keeper he has become."

Full story: Daily Express

AND FINALLY
Leeds United manager Neil Warnock has endeavoured to lift the spirits of his squad... by taking them on a day-trip to popular North Yorkshire theme park and zoo Flamingo Land, where the average adult entry fee is ?ú28.50.

Slaven Bilic confirms interest in becoming new Tottenham manager

Slaven Bilic wants to succeed Harry Redknapp if he leaves Tottenham to become the next England manager.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...-becoming-new-tottenham-manager#ixzz1r79IxPWL

The Croatia coach was at White Hart Lane on Sunday to run the rule over Luka Modric ahead of the European Championship finals in Poland and Ukraine this summer.

And he revealed before Spurs’ 3-1 win over Swansea: ‘I would be very interested in being the Tottenham manager, they are a major club with a bright future.

‘But [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy needs to be convinced I am the man for the job.’

If Spurs appointed former West Ham and Everton centre-half Bilic as their new boss it would be a major boost in their battle to keep Modric at White Hart Lane.

The midfielder has been linked with summer bids from Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United and Chelsea but Bilic said: ‘Everyone knows huge clubs are interested in Luka but what I told him is that he should not forget how big Tottenham are.’

Spurs are set to offer Modric a bumper new contract at the end of the season if they qualify for next term’s Champions League.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...-becoming-new-tottenham-manager#ixzz1r79P7sj5

Not a lesser option than Rodgers for me... Would be a gamble but he's young, obviously talented, will definitely help keep Luka...

Back