• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

One could argue that Messi is already past his best.

Yeah - you're probably right.... Although I kind of meant when he was a bit further down the downward slope than he is now.

I tthink it will be PSG he ends up at because of the bottomless pockets of their owners combined with the publicity that it will bring them.

At 22 or 23 shelling 200 mil for Messi would make sense. But at 27 going on to 28 it's simply ridiculous.

Nah, the money Chelsea would make via marketing would still be worth it. Their global profile isnt small, but Messi reall would make them a lot of money

At 22 or 23 shelling 200 mil for Messi would make sense. But at 27 going on to 28 it's simply ridiculous.

Messi makes me think of a 1.3 litre turbo-powered racing engine - high revving, high performance, not built to last. Major drop-off when it starts to wear down.

Sadly, Aaron Lennon works the same way. Messi will still shift shirts, though.

He'd be smart to grab massive money and headlines by moving slightly too soon to MLS.

What does it say?

He was craap in the first half of the season scoring 2 in 15; he's been missing a bit due to injury and unprofessional actions, threw his gloves on the floor and stormed off after being an unused sub in the last home game; been ****ging his manager off to African press.

Was recently 'on holiday' in London amid rumors of a move to either PL or Russia, but agent says he's staying in Turkey.

Also read this on his wikipedia.de page:

Emenike wollte seine Karriere nicht weiter in der Türkei fortsetzen, weil sein Name zu Unrecht im Manipulationsskandal verwickelt war.

He had a spell at Fenerbahce before, but left having played ZERO games as didn't wanted to stick around due to being implicated in a rigging scandal.

Curiously moved back to Fenerbahce again following a successful spell in Russia.

And he is already 27. 27! Getting on a bit after having had an up and down carer in Turkey and a stint in Russia. We all know that 27 could actually mean anything from 27-35 too.

He was craap in the first half of the season scoring 2 in 15; he's been missing a bit due to injury and unprofessional actions, threw his gloves on the floor and stormed off after being an unused sub in the last home game; been ****ging his manager off to African press.

Was recently 'on holiday' in London amid rumors of a move to either PL or Russia, but agent says he's staying in Turkey.

Also read this on his wikipedia.de page:

Emenike wollte seine Karriere nicht weiter in der Türkei fortsetzen, weil sein Name zu Unrecht im Manipulationsskandal verwickelt war.

He had a spell at Fenerbahce before, but left having played ZERO games as didn't wanted to stick around due to being implicated in a rigging scandal.

Curiously moved back to Fenerbahce again following a successful spell in Russia.

And he is already 27. 27! Getting on a bit after having had an up and down carer in Turkey and a stint in Russia. We all know that 27 could actually mean anything from 27-35 too.

Yeah - this absolutely reeks of a mediocre journeyman whose agent is trying to drum up interest. I expect he'll end up at somewhere like Middlesborough.

He did sue a newspaper which claimed he was 34, so there are age-related rumours around

Martinez was really bigging up Macarthy in the press this morning saying Everton aren't the same team without him and he is the sort of player you only miss when he is gone.

Doesn't look like he is getting ready to sell him anytime soon. Pity for us.

Or he's highlighting to the board how stupid they would be to get rid of the player, whilst at the same time making the fans aware of how much the team needs him. It could be a situation whereby the board are considering it and he's trying to keep the fans and press onside by essentially saying that the guy is essential. That way if it all falls apart he can point to the board's decision to sell the player.

Again, McCarthy would be the closest thing to a Schneiderlin-type player we could get at this stage. I agree, I think Martinez would be loath to lose him, and it would pretty much seal his fate if he were sold. Let's see if that eminent board of ours has learned its lesson when it comes to these sorts of situations (i.e, fan pressure potentially scaring boards off the idea of selling certain players).

Real Madrid have made the first move to secure Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea as the long-term successor to Iker Casillas, contacting the 24-year-old's representatives about a possible £30m summer move. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United will offer De Gea a £140,000-a-week contract to convince him to turn down any interest from the European champions. (Daily Star)

Southampton defender Nathaniel Clyne is also interesting Manchester United again with the club looking to coax the 23-year-old out of his current deal at St Mary's. (Daily Mirror)

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has backed owner Tony Fernandes's decision to restrict the QPR manager to loan signings in the January transfer window. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo, 21, is set to sign for Crystal Palace on loan in January, turning down a rival offer from Hull. (Metro)

Liverpool are weighing up allowing midfielder Lucas to leave for Inter Milan, with the Italian side set to offer £7m for the 28-year-old. (Daily Mirror)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are considering cancelling their season-long loan of Facundo Ferreyra, 23, from Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk - before the striker has even played a game for the Magpies. (Talksport)

West Brom have made an approach for Watford striker Troy Deeney, 26, increasing speculation that fellow striker Saido Berahino could be heading out of the Hawthorns. (Daily Mail)

Celtic manager Ronny Deila is considering a move for Wigan midfielder Shaun Maloney, 31, whose contract at the Championship club expires in the summer. (Daily Record)

Tottenham have switched their sights to Juventus' 27-year-old Italy international Sebastian Giovinco in their search for a January striking recruit. (Fichajes.net)

Sunderland are hoping agree a fee for out-of-form striker Jozy Altidore, 25, to return to the United States before the end of the January transfer window with three MLS clubs said to be interested in signing him. (Guardian)

Southampton have offered a new contract to midfielder Jack Cork, 25, whose current deal expires in the summer. (Southern Daily Echo)

Former Brighton boss Oscar Garcia is a surprise candidate to replace Barcelona boss Luis Enrique if he is ousted from the Nou Camp. (Daily Mail)
John Carver

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says that goalkeeper Simon Mignolet's biggest problem is his lack of confidence with the ball at his feet rather than with his hands. (Guardian)

On-loan Derby striker Darren Bent, 30, does not believe he has any future at parent club Aston Villa while Paul Lambert is manager. (Daily Express)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine caretaker manager John Carver has told the club's managing director Lee Charnley they can't afford to wait much longer for a new permanent boss. (Evening Chronicle)

New West Brom boss Tony Pulis says 21-year-old striker Saido Berahino starts on a clean slate with him but needs discipline to make it to the top of the game. (Birmingham Mail)

Brendan Rodgers believes 20-year-old winger Raheem Sterling's mid-season break in Jamaica will mean he is recharged and ready to spearhead Liverpool's pursuit of glory in the second half of the season. (Liverpool Echo)

Tottenham can keep beating the Premier League's best after stunning Chelsea, says manager Mauricio Pochettino. (London Evening Standard)

Dont know much about Giovinco, but I have heard he would be a decent signing.

The one worry for me in all of those stories is the Valdes signing at United. Couple of United fans at work reckon they have brought him as they are going to do some sort of deal with Madrid whereby they get Bale for De Gea+Cash

Lucky for us we have this relationship with Madrid....would really hate to see Bale at OT

Dont know much about Giovinco, but I have heard he would be a decent signing.

The one worry for me in all of those stories is the Valdes signing at United. Couple of United fans at work reckon they have brought him as they are going to do some sort of deal with Madrid whereby they get Bale for De Gea+Cash

Lucky for us we have this relationship with Madrid....would really hate to see Bale at OT

Same, would genuinely make my stomach turn to see him at another Prem club. Would also prove that Real really are as thick as pig sh!t sometimes.

can't see it, you don't sell your best player, especially when you are Madrid

that goes for United as well, De Gea is theirs, Valdes is a red herring as he is nowhere near De Gea's level, he'll be an average backup at best

can't see it, you don't sell your best player, especially when you are Madrid

that goes for United as well, De Gea is theirs, Valdes is a red herring as he is nowhere near De Gea's level, he'll be an average backup at best

That was my argument back to the United lads, I see his signing as a Fergie-type acquisition whereby it tells De Gea, yes you're playing well, but any drop in form and we have a decent back-up. You're place isn't as safe as it was before

Back