• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I'Ve been very critical of Townsend, his form has been dire. However, he obviously does have potential there is no question, and he has shown glimpses in recent weeks of more of a willingness to get his head up and pick a pass. Its not inconceivable that he could turn into a 10 goal a season in all comps kind of guy.

I'm also loathe to see someone with such affinity to the club shown the door. His obvious desire to succeed with us and his decent potential would make me extremely reluctant to move him on. Football is very short on loyalty these days, and I think in this instance we need to reciprocate Andros' loyalty to the cause and back him.

I say no, no to Berahino. Unless its Lennon and cash of course. Although Lennon is another very good servant. I just can't imagine there isn't something going on behind the scenes to have limited his chances to such an extent. His performances this year have merited minutes on the pitch imo.

Playing devils advocate, you can arguably replace wide players / wingers easier than a striker though (as we've found out the past few years). Therefore if Berahino is available I'd personally say go for it, we can then sign one new winger with pace and use erikson wide if needed.

However, I also think Townsend has great potential, the downside is he's terrible at the moment and prob won't get the run of first team football with us that he prob needs to improve.

I know Kane can play as a #10 and Eriksen shift wide, but ending up with 4 natural CFs for 1 position, and 2 natural WFs for 2 positions, would be the kind of unbalancing that has plagued us for years.

Much more sensible would be to replace just Lennon with a LWF who can double up as a 3rd CF (a Welbeck/Rodriguez type).

I know Kane can play as a #10 and Eriksen shift wide, but ending up with 4 natural CFs for 1 position, and 2 natural WFs for 2 positions, would be the kind of unbalancing that has plagued us for years.

Much more sensible would be to replace just Lennon with a LWF who can double up as a 3rd CF (a Welbeck/Rodriguez type).
Let's be honest, two of our centre forwards are going to be moved on before the start of next season. It is a lot easier and less risky to replace them over two windows than one.

Forgot to say the above was based on shipping out Ade, leaving just 3 CF with Kane able to drop deep. I don't think this is perfect, just a case of getting what's available.

A LWF who can also play upfront would be an alternative, but whose gonna be happy to be second choice in both positions (behind Chadli and Kane)?

The best solution would be a beast of a first choice RW / backup CF - improve us in 2 positions.

Just don't think we'll find anyone who fits that bill.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Forgot to say the above was based on shipping out Ade, leaving just 3 CF with Kane able to drop deep. I don't think this is perfect, just a case of getting what's available.

A LWF who can also play upfront would be an alternative, but whose gonna be happy to be second choice in both positions (behind Chadli and Kane)?

The best solution would be a beast of a first choice RW / backup CF - improve us in 2 positions.

Just don't think we'll find anyone who fits that bill.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

If you are second choice behind both Chadli and Kane, that's quite a lot of playing time. It would be no different to say Sturridge moving to Liverpool, Welbeck to Arsenal or Remy to Chelsea - all went initially to fulfil exactly that role.

I think the position has still got Jay Rodriguez written all over it, and I still think we'll move for him this window if we can shift one or both of Ade and Lennon.

I wouldn't touch RWF because I think Lamela and Townsend both have enormous potential and at least one of them will come very good for us.

The rumour was Townsend AND Lennon IIRC. That would leave us with only two WFs (Lamela and Chadli), so we'd then need to make 2 more signings to rebalance our squad (unless we promote Ceballos and Oduwa)

I genuinely think Townsend is a better prospect than Berahino (ignoring positions).

With Konoplyanka coming to the end of his contract it may be we're looking to pick him up to replace Townsend or Lennon

With Konoplyanka coming to the end of his contract it may be we're looking to pick him up to replace Townsend or Lennon

I think that ship sailed, been brought up many times that he's got a bad attitude, that's why clubs never really followed up on him.

I think that ship sailed, been brought up many times that he's got a bad attitude, that's why clubs never really followed up on him.

Ayew is much more realistic.

Same contract situation as Konoplankya, has played under Bielsa and obviously already speaks English (being Ghanaian).

Hmmmmm.....
One of our centre forwards is inconsistent and has motivation issues (Ade)
Another one of our centre forwards is dog turd (Soldado)

That just leaves us with Harry Kane and if he gets injured we are in trouble.

Bringing in Berahino allows us to have a proper goalscoring backup for Kane or even to play Kane as number 10. That isn't unbalancing us it is giving us a much better balance.

I also remember you not wanting us to sign Remy - when he could've been a perfect option to play as LWF or CF.

I do agree with you however that we might as well replace Lennon (not because I don't think he is a good option out wide, but because the manager clearly doesn't want to play him so we might as well bring in a player who the manager will play).

I would be more than happy to see us going into the latter part of this season with Kane, Berahino, Chadli, Ericksen, Townsend and Lamela as our attacking options with us being able to perm just about any 4 of 6 out of that lot.

Just saw that Kramaric will be signing with Leicester. Seems like a pretty hot prospect and at 10 mil could be a steal. Wonder why we didn't move for him...

How can this work with FFP exactly ???

Chelsea are prepared to pay a £200m contract-release clause to sign Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, 27

Sell a few of their loanees to cover the cost.

Not that it's anything more than made up nonsense

How can this work with FFP exactly ???

Chelsea are prepared to pay a £200m contract-release clause to sign Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, 27
I would be absolutely flabbergasted if this ever came off because I am certain that it is just press bull****.

Just saw that Kramaric will be signing with Leicester. Seems like a pretty hot prospect and at 10 mil could be a steal. Wonder why we didn't move for him...

I'm guessing that Leicester are the biggest team who think he'd make a difference to them

Some of these rumours...

Messi to Chelsea
Cech to Arsenal
Suarez to Man U
Milner to Liverpool

Back