• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Or its a contingency signing
If Real come knocking in the summer, they usually get what they want eventually.
And its hard to find top level keepers, especially at short notice.

Or its a contingency signing
If Real come knocking in the summer, they usually get what they want eventually.
And its hard to find top level keepers, especially at short notice.

Surely would be easier for Real to come knocking at our door in the summer and we can bend over for them once more....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Dont know much about Giovinco, but I have heard he would be a decent signing.

The one worry for me in all of those stories is the Valdes signing at United. Couple of United fans at work reckon they have brought him as they are going to do some sort of deal with Madrid whereby they get Bale for De Gea+Cash

Lucky for us we have this relationship with Madrid....would really hate to see Bale at OT

Relationship with Madrid...hahahahahahha

Surely would be easier for Real to come knocking at our door in the summer and we can bend over for them once more....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Lloris' French-ness is our saving grace in that regard - Real seem to be targeting De Gea because he's Spanish, not because he's better than everyone else in the world (that honour goes to Neuer, and Neuer alone).
No, they'll likely come in without lube for Eriksen at some point, and Levy will make sorrowful faces to whoever we have in charge at that point while shrugging and whispering 'nothing we can do, but don't worry, we'll spend the money to make us better than before'.

And we'll see where that leads. Again.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nsfer-news/jovetic-could-make-way-man-8409193

Jovetic could make way as Emirates Marketing Project look to push through £27m Bony deal

By Stuart Brennan

Manuel Pellegrini will land himself a selection headache if City’s £27million offer for Wilfried Bony is successful.

The Ivory Coast striker is keen to sign for the Blues, with Champions League football a main attraction.

But if he does arrive in this transfer window it will mean Pellegrini has a tough choice to make when it comes to submitting a revised squad to Uefa on February 3.

Bony’s arrival will mean City have 17 foreign players in their squad, and with Uefa’s financial fair play rap restricting them to 16, it means someone will get the push.

It was a problem that Pellegrini initially faced in the summer, when he had 18 foreign stars – and solved the problem by shipping out Alvaro Negredo and Javi Garcia.

As it stands, City’s 21-man squad is full – they have the maximum 16 foreign stars, the maximum four association-trained players – Joe Hart, Gael Clichy, James Milner and Frank Lampard – and one home-grown player, Dedryck Boyata.

Negredo and Garcia had not convinced Pellegrini he needed them, and the prospect of them bringing in £37million in transfer fees was a big factor.

This time, it is less obvious where the axe will fall, and has led to speculation that a senior first teamer may yet be sold in this window, with some fingers pointing at Stevan Jovetic.

Pellegrini has started to run out of patience with the Montenegrin’s injury record, and with Bony rarely missing games, the man who joined City for £22million in 2013 could be the fall guy on a permanent basis.

It is also likely that Pellegrini feels he could get by in the Champions League with three strikers, as it has become obvious that playing a lone man up front is his best tactic in Europe.

Looking through the squad, it is hard to see where he could trim.

He could bank on Joe Hart’s impeccable injury and suspension record and drop his deputy Willy Caballero, while promoting 20-year-old Ian Lawlor from the elite development squad.

Or he could consider that having Pablo Zabaleta at right back, with Dedryck Boyata – who is the only home-grown player in the 21-man squad - as cover, could be enough, and drop Bacary Sagna.

On the other side, the off-colour Aleks Kolarov could make way, with Gael Clichy covered by Eliaquim Mangala.

City also have excellent full backs in the youth ranks – Angelino, Ashley Smith-Brown and Matthias Bossaerts spring to mind – and as under-21 players, they do not count in the restrictions.

Selling someone, with Jovetic an obvious candidate, would also solve the problem of finding the money for the Bony deal.

City are still subject to a restriction of a £49million cap on their net spending, and after their summer business of buying Mangala (£40m), Fernando (£12m), Willy Caballero (£4.5m) and Bruno Zuculini (£1.5m) and selling Javi Garcia (£13m), Jack Rodwell (£11m) and Emyr Huws (£2m) they have £17million left.

That is clearly not enough to buy Bony, so City either need to sell or to make an agreement with Swansea to stagger the payment.

The Uefa restrictions should be lifted this summer, and the Blues already have a binding agreement in place to sell on-loan Negredo to Valencia for £25million in July.

They are also hoping to recoup much of their £12million outlay on Matija Nastasic, and sell Scott Sinclair.

Aston Villa are baulking at the £3.5million asking price for Sinclair, and Schalke, who were head of the queue for Nastasic, are talking up a loan deal with a view to buy in the summer.

But both Milan clubs have entered the chase for Nastasic, with Roberto Mancini – who signed the 21-year-old for City – keen to take him to Inter, while AC Milan have been in touch with the Serb’s agent.

Thoughts? Feasibility?

As an addendum to that post above, City fans class him as a harder worker than Aguero or Dzeko, with good link-up play and technical ability, but also a tendency to drift out of games and not live up to his full potential. Most seem willing to let him go for 15-20 million quid, with some doubting that they'd even get that much.

Again, McCarthy would be the closest thing to a Schneiderlin-type player we could get at this stage. I agree, I think Martinez would be loath to lose him, and it would pretty much seal his fate if he were sold. Let's see if that eminent board of ours has learned its lesson when it comes to these sorts of situations (i.e, fan pressure potentially scaring boards off the idea of selling certain players).

McCarthy is a woeful footballer IMO

Spent a lot of time playing against us chasing shadows and trying to kick us since he has been there. Him and Barry last season got away with murder for their fouling and he isn't a good technical footballer IMO

McCarthy is a woeful footballer IMO

Spent a lot of time playing against us chasing shadows and trying to kick us since he has been there. Him and Barry last season got away with murder for their fouling and he isn't a good technical footballer IMO

I haven't seen enough of McCarthy to comment accurately but I would say that I'd rather us go with Bentaleb and Carroll as deep CM options and spend whatever McCarthy would have cost on another option for the Mason CM role. Yesterday showed how badly we miss RM and I don't see the point in spending the best part of £20m on McCarthy if we have two viable, young and promising players for that role but lack cover in the attacking CM role

There have been question marks about Jovetic's mentality, bit weak apparently

I don't like Jovetic, he seems like a guy that only scores when you're already winning, only really gets stuck in when it is going his way

That was rarely the case at Fiorentina yet he got plenty, he also came back from a cruciate which suggests he has some level of determination.

That was rarely the case at Fiorentina yet he got plenty, he also came back from a cruciate which suggests he has some level of determination.

It's a very poor league though

When he can in last seasons when they won the league he was hardly pulling up trees

He looks to me like a player who needs to be a in a lower less physical league to excel

Where did you hear that?

Tottenham scouts were at Benfica’s game against Vitoria Guimaraes on Saturday evening, with Nico Gaitan rumoured to be the target of the scouting mission.

The Argentina international, aged 26, has been frequently linked with a move to Spurs in recent months, with Manchester United also credited with a long-standing interest in signing him.

It was the north Londoners who were keeping tabs on Gaitan yesterday. Champions Benfica emerged with a 3-0 victory.

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo reports that representatives from Spurs were present at the game, with Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Sevilla, AC Milan, Everton and Southampton scouts also in attendance.

Hes the "hazard" we need.

[video=youtube;1bxRuZiXuH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bxRuZiXuH8[/video]

Back