• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

:?:

So, he has non of the pre-requisits to make it onto the THFC first team ?

In fact he has no skills to make it as a footballer. And yet...............there he is, turning out for a top 5 team.

Odd that.

I think you're taking him out of context Crawley.. He's not got one defining quality (i.e. Hudd's passing, Sandro's destroying ability, etc.). He's just average by all accounts (most of our starting 11 have multiple defining traits: Verts, Dembele, Bale). I've got passing ability, ok control, TBH I can't really shoot, i can put in a tackle, but I'm not tipping myself for a spot in the squad...

I can't think of a single midfield in the top 7 that he'd get legitimate playing time in (even as a sub) and unfortunately for him thats just not good enough to make it in our squad. I think he'd do fine at a club like Wolves or QPR, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong

Naughton's not that young. People always used to forget how similar in age he and Corluka were, yet Naughton was a youth player whilst Corluka had had 4 years EPL experience.

He's 24. Corluka is 27. Considerable difference.

As I said, he'll gain experience, one way or another.

I think you're taking him out of context Crawley.. He's not got one defining quality (i.e. Hudd's passing, Sandro's destroying ability, etc.). He's just average by all accounts (most of our starting 11 have multiple defining traits: Verts, Dembele, Bale). I've got passing ability, ok control, TBH I can't really shoot, i can put in a tackle, but I'm not tipping myself for a spot in the squad...

I can't think of a single midfield in the top 7 that he'd get legitimate playing time in (even as a sub) and unfortunately for him thats just not good enough to make it in our squad. I think he'd do fine at a club like Wolves or QPR, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong

I agree. I like his attitude and he seems like a good guy, but I don't quite see him as someone with the necessary quality to break into our first team. Tom Carroll getting minutes ahead of him when significantly younger is quite telling.

I honestly feel that if Livermore were to stay he would be best suited in a 3 man midfield. He strikes me as the type of player who takes confidence from having better players around him rather than him being the focal point.

If we buy Hulk I will donate £200 to MIND

Actually scrap that I will buy 5 shirts with his name on and will raffle them with the proceeds going to MIND.. £5 a ticket. Do you think I would get more than 40 takers, or should I go straight 200. hhmm not sure.

If we sell Bale then all donations above are off, but I will make a £50 donation instead.

Last edited:
If we buy Hulk I will donate £200 to MIND

Actually scrap that I will buy 5 shirts with his name on and will raffle them with the proceeds going to MIND.. £5 a ticket. Do you think I would get more than 40 takers, or should I go straight 200. hhmm not sure.

Some thought has clearly gone into this. if we sign Hulk, we'll all have a mental breakdown, be in shock, depression will turn to mania and Levy will be diagnosed schizophrenic. MIIND could be busy and really use the extra funds. Put me down for a ticket!

parker is on 70k per year? wtf!

That's about what was reported when he signed, yes. He was on more at West Ham reportedly.

Just wages and transfer fee, if the reports in the media were right would mount up to around £20m if he stays his full 4 year contract, not including sign on fees and any bonuses not included in the reported wages.

The Guardian's suggestion of Leandro + Soldado + Bale new contract would make me a happy bunny, if it's just the start. ;) Add Ante Rebic (one for the future, wing forward, etc), sell off Defoe/Ade/both and we could be sorted on the forwards front. I guess Villa talk is cooling off after not making CL or maybe Levy just prefers the younger, less injury-prone Soldado.

Please let Jovetic go to Juve instead of Arsenal [-o<

Apparentlly we are after Damiao AND Valencia's Soldado this summer, occording to the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/22/tottenham-leandro-damiao-roberto-soldado

Tottenham Hotspur hope to demonstrate their ambition remains intact despite a failure to reach next season's Champions League by renewing their efforts to sign the Brazil forward Leandro Damião and seeking to pair him with Valencia's Spain international Roberto Soldado.

The pursuit of both strikers, coupled with the confidence that Gareth Bale will sign new terms to remain at White Hart Lane for at least another season, would satisfy the manager, André Villas-Boas, who has called for the club to "raise the bar again" before next season. They missed out on the top four this time despite amassing an impressive 72 points.

The Portuguese said in January that Leandro "fits the profile" of a potential recruit and attempts were made during the winter window to secure their long-standing target. Tottenham enjoy a close relationship with the 23-year-old's club, Internacional, whose president, Giovanni Luigi, suggested this month that Spurs had resumed dialogue over a move for a player who has 16 caps. A price of around £16m has been mooted, with the Brazilian club apparently now braced to lose the player to the Premier League.

Securing his signature would represent something of a coup, though the desire to play him alongside Soldado is particularly eye-catching. The Spain forward, who would have commanded a fee close to £30m a year ago, has been watched by Spurs scouts this season as he has maintained his impressive form at the Mestalla. He could be available for nearer £20m should Valencia fail to qualify for the Champions League.

The 27-year-old started his career with Real Madrid but after a productive spell at Getafe, has thrived at Valencia after joining as a replacement for David Villa. He has 27 goals in all competitions this season. Spurs had also expressed an interest in the Queens Park Rangers forward Loïc Rémy, though it remains to be seen if that will be maintained with the player on bail following his arrest on suspicion of rape, a claim he denies.

The Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, hopes to construct a team around Bale with the Wales international, who is happy to remain at White Hart Lane, expected to sign improved terms that will keep him at the club for next season at least. There will be a buy-out clause inserted which could lead to him moving abroad should an offer in excess of £50m be received next summer; though, by then, Tottenham hope they will have secured passage into Europe's elite competition.

Bale, who scored his 26th club goal of the season in the 1-0 defeat of Sunderland on Sunday, has expressed his frustration at the club's failure to reach the Champions League. "It was obviously great to sign off with a great goal in the last minute, but circumstances made it hard to celebrate," he said.

"To miss out on our objective [Champions League qualification] is very disappointing. It was great to get the win but the clouds just came over and made it a little bit duller, but it's something we have to learn from, we are a young squad, and we will take it into the future."

Bale is due to play for Spurs against Jamaica in a friendly in the Bahamas on Thursday.

There will be significant outgoings at Tottenham, too, with a number of senior players effectively available for transfer. Their number include the England internationals Scott Parker and Tom Huddlestone, as well as Emmanuel Adebayor, who managed only five league goals all season following his permanent move from Emirates Marketing Project. William Gallas, 35, will leave under freedom of contract.

Thoughts?

I think they are putting 1+1 and stating the obvious, then the obvious has more truth

Not long ago it was reported that we sent scouts to see Soldado and its well documented regarding Damiao

The Guardian's suggestion of Leandro + Soldado + Bale new contract would make me a happy bunny, if it's just the start. ;) Add Ante Rebic (one for the future, wing forward, etc), sell off Defoe/Ade/both and we could be sorted on the forwards front. I guess Villa talk is cooling off after not making CL or maybe Levy just prefers the younger, less injury-prone Soldado.

Please let Jovetic go to Juve instead of Arsenal [-o<

Roberto Soldado is quality, I would be delighted if we signed him. Know literally nothing about this Rebic bloke other than what I've read on here but he seems to fit the profile.

I actually would prefer Soldado to Villa. While Villa is undoubtedly the more talented, like you said he has had his injuries and I'm not sure if he could lead the line alone against English defences. Soldado is a bit more of a presence, has better hold-up play and is more capable in the air, all of which are key in English football. He is also a very smart finisher... really the perfect signing for us considering his age as well - old enough to be experienced, but young enough to be first choice for a few years while we develop a young replacement, possibly Rebic. Would come cheaper than Villa too I reckon, at least in terms of wages. However he apparently rejected us last summer, as his buyout was increased to 40m euros when he extended his contract to 2017. For the reported £8m he would be a steal though.

Surely Jovetic would rather move to a title winning team in a country he is proven in who have a realistic shot at the CL and regular silverwear than an outfit who for 8 years have been trophyless, who have repeatedly sold their best players and refused to offer competitive wages, instead paying large amounts to mediocre players whom they lure from other clubs at a young age with the high wages that could be (but isn't) spent on experience and class for the first team, and whose sole intention every year is to come 4th, sacrificing all other silverwear, to ensure they qualify yet again for a competition they have seemingly neither the ability nor the desire to win.

Back