• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Re: The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

Gutter Boy speaks the truth about our midfield options.

We need top class creativity. Moutinho will come IMO. Where else can he go?

stay at league winners Porto and compete in the Champions League every year?

With the previous protracted discussions with Porto and Inter re Mouts and LD I fully expect us to have both sorted quite early in the window.

If not, I don't think they will come at all.

How much more negotiation can be needed after 3-4 transfer windows?

If we really want them. GET IT DONE!!

With the previous protracted discussions with Porto and Inter re Mouts and LD I fully expect us to have both sorted quite early in the window.

If that happened, Levy can take a nice big holiday for the next 3 months. We wouldn't need anything else.

Blimey, just imagine giving the manager an actual pre-season to allow new signings to bed in. And a deadline week where we can notulantly say we've completeed our business, just like the top clubs do.

I think it is unlikely that we will get those deals done early because we are going to want to get them as cheap as possible and we would have to meet the asking price if we were to get them in early.

I think it is unlikely that we will get those deals done early because we are going to want to get them as cheap as possible and we would have to meet the asking price if we were to get them in early.

We've got some previous on finalising major long-term targets early in windows - Modric, Berbatov and Verts were all done before the end of June in their respective summers IIRC.

If that happened, Levy can take a nice big holiday for the next 3 months. We wouldn't need anything else.

Blimey, just imagine giving the manager an actual pre-season to allow new signings to bed in. And a deadline week where we can notulantly say we've completeed our business, just like the top clubs do.

'completeed our business'?

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. If we got our primary targets in early, Levy would still be searching for deals in the last week, because he wants to improve the club.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. If we got our primary targets in early, Levy would still be searching for deals in the last week, because he wants to improve the club.

But AVB is a quality not quantity man. He baffled the Porto heirarchy when he told then he only wanted two players, instead of the usual influx (he got is two and famous lost 1 game across 4 competitions all season).

But AVB is a quality not quantity man. He baffled the Porto heirarchy when he told then he only wanted two players, instead of the usual influx (he got is two and famous lost 1 game across 4 competitions all season).

You are basing your opinion on the point that AVB thought a squad completely different to ours only needed two players?

You would have a point. If we had the Porto squad. We don't. Our requirements are different from Porto's.

We need a max of 4 in and at least 3 out this summer.

Mourinho also said he never wants more than 2 players for any position.

You are basing your opinion on the point that AVB thought a squad completely different to ours only needed two players?

You would have a point. If we had the Porto squad. We don't. Our requirements are different from Porto's.

Porto were perceived as a fading force, a squad at the end of their lifespan. Everyone expected a big overhaul.

There's quite a lot in AVB's book about how he believes in organic growth, and how he gets his kick from developing players and squads, rather than wheeler dealering quick fixes.

Porto were perceived as a fading force, a squad at the end of their lifespan. Everyone expected a big overhaul.

There's quite a lot in AVB's book about how he believes in organic growth, and how he gets his kick from developing players and squads, rather than wheeler dealering quick fixes.

Than Porto were perceived wrongly.

Who said the added players would be 'wheeler dealing'?

Get Moutinho and Leandro in, and keep looking for young players with potential who would improve our backup positions.

(Not that i think Leandro/Moutinho are right, just that they work in this example)

It would be stupid to assume our business is complete, ever really. We're not one of the best clubs in the world, so there are players out there who can improve us, and the transfer window should be fully spent looking at bringing them in.

Anything else would be silly really.

Than Porto were perceived wrongly.

Who said the added players would be 'wheeler dealing'?

Get Moutinho and Leandro in, and keep looking for young players with potential who would improve our backup positions.

(Not that i think Leandro/Moutinho are right, just that they work in this example)

It would be stupid to assume our business is complete, ever really. We're not one of the best clubs in the world, so there are players out there who can improve us, and the transfer window should be fully spent looking at bringing them in.

Anything else would be silly really.

I certainly wouldn't mind two senior players like that, plus a few kids.

I just think that over the past 20 years we've been damaged by the upheaval of changing 4-6 senior players every summer, whilst our rivals only do 1 or 2 yet manage to stay ahead because of their stability/consistently.

If our current first team players who are the subject of discussion for sale (Dempsey, Ekotto, Parker, Ade etc) were actually back up players to new arrivals (-insert current fruit of fancy for each position here-) and we got rid of just a few (Bentley? Gallas?) imagine the squad we would have?

I'm not claiming to know if we can afford to do that with other costs the club has going on but just daydreaming a little, that squad would be amazing.

He also needs his deadline day buzz.

I just think time has caught up with Parker and bar the odd match, games are by and large passing him by. I don't think he is a good fit for the way we play now either and I would like to see him moved on. He has been a good buy overall and for that I thank him, but he has reached his sell by date.

Parker to join up with Harry again in the Championship might be a decent move for him.

I see this move mentioned in the press today.

I see this move mentioned in the press today.

Think it's more likely that both will be reunited at West Ham in 15 months time (I think Redknapp and QPR will part company by xmas).

Parker won't want to drop a division as he's still first choice for England (sad state of affairs) and will want to play at the WC (if England qualify).

Back