• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Soldado and Damiao :ross: Absolute fantasy.

More like Carlton Cole and the glorious third coming of Robbie Keane

Apparentlly we are after Damiao AND Valencia's Soldado this summer, occording to the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/22/tottenham-leandro-damiao-roberto-soldado

Thoughts?

I know this might sound silly considering the calibre of the players, but I actually think they are too similar for us to sign both. Both are basically poor man's Falcaos - i.e. goal machines who play on the last shoulder, have good movement and are decent in the air, but aren't really much use with their back to goal. Pretty much exactly what we need (and hopefully complemented by the option of Ade, who is much more about hold-up and link-up play).

Bascially both can only play as the central lone striker, so would we really spend two lots of +£15m, on players who can't play together.

If we buy two senior forwards, I'd really expect one to be a more versatile/wide one, in addition to one of these two.

Surely Jovetic would rather move to a title winning team in a country he is proven in who have a realistic shot at the CL and regular silverwear than an outfit who for 8 years have been trophyless, who have repeatedly sold their best players and refused to offer competitive wages, instead paying large amounts to mediocre players whom they lure from other clubs at a young age with the high wages that could be (but isn't) spent on experience and class for the first team, and whose sole intention every year is to come 4th, sacrificing all other silverwear, to ensure they qualify yet again for a competition they have seemingly neither the ability nor the desire to win.

Leaked photo of next season's kit modelled by seven-a-side team suggests you could be wrong :)

mercury-7.jpg

I know this might sound silly considering the calibre of the players, but I actually think they are too similar for us to sign both. Both are basically poor man's Falcaos - i.e. goal machines who play on the last shoulder, have good movement and are decent in the air, but aren't really much use with their back to goal. Pretty much exactly what we need (and hopefully complemented by the option of Ade, who is much more about hold-up and link-up play).

Bascially both can only play as the central lone striker, so would we really spend two lots of +£15m, on players who can't play together.

If we buy two senior forwards, I'd really expect one to be a more versatile/wide one, in addition to one of these two.

Agree - if there is any truth to the article (as opposed to re-hasing of old stories) then I would think its more likely that we've made enquiries or offers for both of them but would sign only one of them. getting one of them and a young understudy would make sense though

If nothing else Damiao must feel that we've got a massive hard on for him. Might help if we're competing against similar sized clubs in landing him.

Liverpool have made a £3m offer for Porto's 21-year-old Ghana international left winger Christian Atsu.

Is he worth a punt at that price?

Jose Mourinho, who is leaving Real Madrid, wants Luka Modric, 27, to follow him to Stamford Bridge if the Portuguese is appointed manager of Chelsea. Mourinho's first job back at the Blues will be to make a £30m offer for former Tottenham playmaker Modric.

Dont do it Luka

Chelsea are a Modric away from big fudging things. Add to that a Mourinho and they'll win the league with ease.

Chelsea are a Modric away from big fudging things. Add to that a Mourinho and they'll win the league with ease.

Agreed, and I think Mourinho will be able to identify their need for that kind of player and find the right player unfortunately. They were linked with Alonso, would be a fantastic signing for them, and a pretty ridiculous sale by Real.

Agreed, and I think Mourinho will be able to identify their need for that kind of player and find the right player unfortunately. They were linked with Alonso, would be a fantastic signing for them, and a pretty ridiculous sale by Real.

his contract is up a the end of the coming season so he wouldn't' necessarily be expensive neither

Would anyone be happy if our defence remained untouched during the window?

1st choice back four atm -

Walker__Kaboul__Verts__BAE

2nd choice -

Naughton__Dawson__Caulker__Rose

I do agree with some on here that we do need to make improvements in pretty much every department either as 1st team or cover, especially with this season's lack of numbers (3 full backs, 3 then 2 wingers and 2 Strikers) and if I had my way I would say improve on BAE with Coentrao (never gonna happen tbh) and that back line would be as strong as any in the league. If our defensive players remained unchanged though I have admit that I'd be content with that, looks pretty strong with a decent balance of experience and youth IMHO.

Would anyone be happy if our defence remained untouched during the window?

1st choice back four atm -

Walker__Kaboul__Verts__BAE

2nd choice -

Naughton__Dawson__Caulker__Rose

I do agree with some on here that we do need to make improvements in pretty much every department either as 1st team or cover, especially with this season's lack of numbers (3 full backs, 3 then 2 wingers and 2 Strikers) and if I had my way I would say improve on BAE with Coentrao (never gonna happen tbh) and that back line would be as strong as any in the league. If our defensive players remained unchanged though I have admit that I'd be content with that, looks pretty strong with a decent balance of experience and youth IMHO.

With Kaboul, Smith and Rose coming back, and Fryers settling in, I'm completely happy with our defence. Our priorities are certainly elsewhere.

Saying that, a young backup sweeper keeper is probably my 4th most pressing priority (after 2 forwards and a CM).

I guess so but I expect Benny to leave.

I can't see it. He never hit form after his injuries last season, but I expect AVB wants a proper pre-season with him. You don't disregard your LB of 7 years after an iffy few months.

He and AVB are best buds now anyway:

BLH24cTCcAAZCgK.jpg:large

Last edited:
I can't see it. He never hit form after his injuries last season, but I expect AVB wants a proper pre-season with him. You don't disregard your LB of 7 years after an iffy few months.

Looks like Benny's mind is elsewhere. If I was a mind reader I'd say he's thinking he should be with those hot scantily clad women on the next boat rather than this club tropicana vibe male bonding thing.

Nah, notice how he's not been allowed to sit on the bench like the rest. Definitely fallen out with AVB.

Back