• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

They are supposed to be interested in Caulker too. Time to find out how much AVB actually rates these academy prospects then I guess.

Dont see why either would want to take a step down. Would be nice to see AVB use some younger players a bit more - minor quibble but sometimes he hasnt used players when the ideal opportunity appears to be there - Caulker in the Europa is an obvious one

Dont see why either would want to take a step down. Would be nice to see AVB use some younger players a bit more - minor quibble but sometimes he hasnt used players when the ideal opportunity appears to be there - Caulker in the Europa is an obvious one

First team football opportunities.

I don't think any of the other younger players are good enough (yet).

Caulker in Europe, and maybe Carroll over Parker/Hudd at times - yes I agree.

But Naughton and Livermore are too substandard; Falque, Rose and Townsend aren't better options than the senior players we had; and Ceballos, Coulthirst and Pritchard aren't ready yet.

First team football opportunities.

I don't think any of the other younger players are good enough (yet).

Caulker in Europe, and maybe Carroll over Parker/Hudd at times - yes I agree.

But Naughton and Livermore are too substandard; Falque, Rose and Townsend aren't better options than the senior players we had; and Ceballos, Coulthirst and Pritchard aren't ready yet.

He hasn't been bad this year, just inconsistent. He's had a couple of games where he looked like a great left-back, but equally he's had more than a few bad ones where he struggled in his natural right-back position.

Expected from a young player, and I'm not overly concerned. He's English and he's versatile: that alone makes him someone I'd want to hold on to.

I wonder if AVB will look to scout over in Portugal, the top 2 (Benfica/Porto) have some real talented footballers amongst the ranks.

Salvio, Gaitan, Matic and Garay are all promising guys from Benfica. Garay the most experienced of the lot.

Obviously Moutinho, Martinez, Rodriguez, Varela, Atsu, Defour, Otamendi and Kelvin from his old club Porto.

I find it hard to accept comments on Livermore being "sub-standard" when he hardly ever gets the chance to prove himself.

What has he had this season? A handful of 10 min sub appearances? How many starts?

Not the best scenario for consistent football

Needs a season on loan somewhere where he plays every game, somewhere like Villa would be great. Would initiate his growth IMO. Thing is he will be 24 in November, hard to believe he is basically the same age as Bale.

He hasn't been bad this year, just inconsistent. He's had a couple of games where he looked like a great left-back, but equally he's had more than a few bad ones where he struggled in his natural right-back position.

Expected from a young player, and I'm not overly concerned. He's English and he's versatile: that alone makes him someone I'd want to hold on to.

Naughton's not that young. People always used to forget how similar in age he and Corluka were, yet Naughton was a youth player whilst Corluka had had 4 years EPL experience.

I wonder if AVB will look to scout over in Portugal, the top 2 (Benfica/Porto) have some real talented footballers amongst the ranks.

Salvio, Gaitan, Matic and Garay are all promising guys from Benfica. Garay the most experienced of the lot.

Obviously Moutinho, Martinez, Rodriguez, Varela, Atsu, Defour, Otamendi and Kelvin from his old club Porto.

Of your names listed I would only want one, maybe two.

James Rodriguez please... then maybe at a push, but it worries me that he is so very left footed, you know the kind that would prefer to shoot with left foot behind the right than shoot with his right.. that would be Gaitan, he reminds me of Tevez and Lavezzi but even more skilful.

Rodriguez is the one for me though. Prepare us for the loss of Gareth (whenever that would be) by bringing him in.

Of your names listed I would only want one, maybe two.

James Rodriguez please... then maybe at a push, but it worries me that he is so very left footed, you know the kind that would prefer to shoot with left foot behind the right than shoot with his right.. that would be Gaitan, he reminds me of Tevez and Lavezzi but even more skilful.

Rodriguez is the one for me though. Prepare us for the loss of Gareth (whenever that would be) by bringing him in.

From what I've seen Jackson Martinez would be deadly for us up top. But yeah, Rodriguez is the stand out guy from the list.

Jackson certainly had a good season, his first in Europe. He reminds me of Benteke, so I think I'd prefer that option as he has had a year in the premiership already. Jackson will be 27 in October too. Benteke 23 in December.

Last edited:
Needs a season on loan somewhere where he plays every game, somewhere like Villa would be great. Would initiate his growth IMO. Thing is he will be 24 in November, hard to believe he is basically the same age as Bale.

Totally agree with this. Livermore held his own when he had that extended run in the side under Harry. There is no real substitute for game time. It makes you match sharp and brings you on in a way training can not. I know he's not gonna be a world beater but I imagine that the club hope he will develop into a good backup for Sandro. A.Villa would be a good fit too.

I find it hard to accept comments on Livermore being "sub-standard" when he hardly ever gets the chance to prove himself.

What has he had this season? A handful of 10 min sub appearances? How many starts?

He is sub-standard because he isn't good enough to be a PL footballer. The games he started at the beginning of the season made for painful viewing and the fact that he's barely been involved in the second half, even with Sandro injured, tells me he isn't exactly highly rated. For me there's no reason why someone should get more chances just because they've come through our youth setup.

He doesnt have basic footballing skills to succeed ie passing, control, shooting, tackling etc. He's physically big and therefore can see why he would have done well in youth football; contrast with little Tommy Carroll who I would expect to do better and better as his passing is superb

AVB's risk averse policy has halted Jake's progress. Parker will not be at Spurs next term so Jake will have an opportunity. He is a full England international and I like him. I think we need a home grown player in the team.

I don't, if QPR come in with a stupid 5m+ bid then Levy will sell.

Yes, but would Scotty want to drop a division? We all love the lizzies but I think Scott may care a bit about his England career. I see a promoted club in for him. Maybe Sunderland?

I wonder of Jol would take him. He's an upgrade on Sidwell that's for sure and boy does he need some quality in his dogbrick team.

He doesnt have basic footballing skills to succeed ie passing, control, shooting, tackling etc. He's physically big and therefore can see why he would have done well in youth football; contrast with little Tommy Carroll who I would expect to do better and better as his passing is superb

:?:

So, he has non of the pre-requisits to make it onto the THFC first team ?

In fact he has no skills to make it as a footballer. And yet...............there he is, turning out for a top 5 team.

Odd that.

Back