• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham's second string vs asters tripolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any official team news yet ?

Apart from Walker, I think all our players are fully fit. But the problem is, most of the players have not been playing to their true potential so far this season. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a moral-boosting win.
Think Bentaleb might be out.

I'd like to see us try Vlad at RB, think it will suit him more.

Would also prefer us to play Fazio and Kaboul together once more and stick Dier with Verts together for the league game (although doubt this is going to happen).

He could do a job at fullback but probably a bad one. Vlad as DM?

Soldado needs goals snd confidence. Play him Poch.
We haven't been scoring sackfuls in Europe so far this season. I think that he might be better working with Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela on the training pitch with an eye on the weekend.

We haven't been scoring sackfuls in Europe so far this season. I think that he might be better working with Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela on the training pitch with an eye on the weekend.

Whoever is up front would struggle. Our EL team is always a mix of players not good enough for the PL starting XI and players who need game time for fitness. Unless Poch picks the same team for EL games every week, there is always going to be a lack of cohesivenes which tends to mean our striker(s) don't get many opportunities to score....

There are a lot of people presuming that Bobby will bang goals in should he start tonight. It's fair assumption given the opposition, but a lot will depend on the support/service he has playing behind him. If he's there with Townsend i'll be surprised if Bobby touches the ball more than half a dozen times!!

Also, how many goals does he warrant before it was deemed a success to start him?? 1 goal will surely still have people questioning his credentials. 2 with one being a pen and a scuffed tap in??

Just seems anything short of a hat trick of 'decent' goals will satisfy some!! It's a lot of pressure on the fella. I'd be inclined to leave him out with the clear instruction of "you'll be starting Sunday, get yourself focused"!

This team are top of the group and drew in Besiktas who outplayed us at the Lane. I expect us to win nevertheless but certainly don't expect a goal fest. If Soldado starts, I doubt he'll get more than one. I'm hoping Kane starts and I would back to get at least as many as Soldado (excluding pens).

Any official team news yet ?

Apart from Walker, I think all our players are fully fit. But the problem is, most of the players have not been playing to their true potential so far this season. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a moral-boosting win.

.........................Hugo..................... ....

Naughton.....Kabul.........Vertonghen.........Rose

.................Mason.........Capoue.............. .......

Lamela..............Eriksen.....................Chadli

.......................Soldado.................... .........

Bench: Vorm, Fazio, Lenon, Townsend, Bentlab, Kane & Ade

Good Team:-"

He could do a job at fullback but probably a bad one. Vlad as DM?

Moving him to CM would be done on the same basis as why Sideshow Bob was moved there for Cheatski. However they also realised that this was a fudge and sold him to PSG (the £40m I guess was another contributory factor in teh decision to sell though). Hopefully we'll have one of the Kyle's back soon (preferably the better one) meaning that Dier can play CB in the EL games and Vlad can have a rest til we sell him in Jan

There are a lot of people presuming that Bobby will bang goals in should he start tonight. It's fair assumption given the opposition, but a lot will depend on the support/service he has playing behind him. If he's there with Townsend i'll be surprised if Bobby touches the ball more than half a dozen times!!

Also, how many goals does he warrant before it was deemed a success to start him?? 1 goal will surely still have people questioning his credentials. 2 with one being a pen and a scuffed tap in??

Just seems anything short of a hat trick of 'decent' goals will satisfy some!! It's a lot of pressure on the fella. I'd be inclined to leave him out with the clear instruction of "you'll be starting Sunday, get yourself focused"!

If Townsend plays I'd be surprised if the rest of the team touches the ball more than half a dozen times.

Thus is where having a manager that favours one style rather than being flexible is more of a problem.

Second string for me should be playing 442 with lennon and townsend providing width, pauli and stambouli in the centre kane and booby upfront, kane dropping deeper to collect the ball. Back four should be davies vertonghen fazio and chiriches

If we play wi proper width i really think we can win this with room to spare. Harry for all his faults knew it, ts got results with it, at home you need to have two up front imo. Give the other team respect yes but by that i mean dont just stroll around, work hard to win this one because second string should have enough quality.

This is my best guess... wish Bentaleb and Naughton were fit but oh well

-----------------Vorm-------------------

Dier-------Verts------Fazio--------Davies

---------Stambouli----Dembele----------

Townsend--------Kane------------Lennon

---------------Soldado--------------

Vlad and Dembele are two players I really don't want to see in our side ever but Poch will play them I reckon

1-0 dire display Kane winner in 89th minute

Thus is where having a manager that favours one style rather than being flexible is more of a problem.

Second string for me should be playing 442 with lennon and townsend providing width, pauli and stambouli in the centre kane and booby upfront, kane dropping deeper to collect the ball. Back four should be davies vertonghen fazio and chiriches

If we play wi proper width i really think we can win this with room to spare. Harry for all his faults knew it, ts got results with it, at home you need to have two up front imo. Give the other team respect yes but by that i mean dont just stroll around, work hard to win this one because second string should have enough quality.

I'd rather the second string lost playing the same way as the first team than won playing their own way.

Otherwise, what's the point of a second string (and youth team, etc) that can't just slot into the first team?

I'd rather the second string lost playing the same way as the first team than won playing their own way.

Otherwise, what's the point of a second string (and youth team, etc) that can't just slot into the first team?

True and it is early days but I don't see why we have to play the same formation every match. Saw this under AVB, we really should be playing with 2 strikers against lesser sides at home especially as the strikers we have don't seem equipped to be playing as lone men up front.

Moving him to CM would be done on the same basis as why Sideshow Bob was moved there for Cheatski. However they also realised that this was a fudge and sold him to PSG (the £40m I guess was another contributory factor in teh decision to sell though). Hopefully we'll have one of the Kyle's back soon (preferably the better one) meaning that Dier can play CB in the EL games and Vlad can have a rest til we sell him in Jan

There's a risk Vlad might do a half decent job at DM. His lack of pace, propensity to dribble around in circles when under pressure (as opposed to hoofing clear), and non-tackling approach to tackling, might prove to be attributes rather than weaknesses. His poor positional play could be a deal breaker though.

But why play him in midfield when we have several others waiting in line to get a game?

True and it is early days but I don't see why we have to play the same formation every match. Saw this under AVB, we really should be playing with 2 strikers against lesser sides at home especially as the strikers we have don't seem equipped to be playing as lone men up front.
We don't. We played a different formation and tactics against Arsenal and we have changed formations during games this season.

We don't. We played a different formation and tactics against Arsenal and we have changed formations during games this season.

That's what i was thinking - i think it's encouraging when compared to AVB and a lot of the complaints we heard about him sticking to one type of setup come what may - MP appears to realize different games require different approaches and i think we've seen that so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back