• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham's second string vs asters tripolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying Chiriches should be murdered or brutalised by dwarves, but he should not play for Spurs again.

Neither should I, I'm clearly not good enough.

And neither should you, by the way.

I'm not saying Chiriches should be murdered or brutalised by dwarves, but he should not play for Spurs again.

Neither should I, I'm clearly not good enough.

And neither should you, by the way.

Tbh i also think Chiriches is garbage but would rather he does his damage in a Europa game and we don't risk injury to Vertonghen (Fazio and Kaboul pairing scares me).

I'd go with:

.........................Vorm.........................

Naughton.....Fazio.........Vertonghen.........Davies

.................Mason.........Cpoue.....................

Lamela..............Eriksen.....................Chadli

.......................Soldado..............................

i'd be looking to give minutes to Lennon, Stambouli and Kane.

thats our strongest available defence imo.. perhasps on this years form Rose ahead of davies. A shame its limited to EL

I would play Soldado and then again on Sunday or whenever.

He needs a ****ing run of games

9-2 spurs

I don't think Vlad should play, I still shudder from that Besiktas horror show that could see us eliminated at the group stage, especially if we don't win this one.

Maybe if we qualify before the last game in the group, then give him another chance but tomorrow is crucial.

He is capable of more than that. Not sure what was in his head, same disease as lamela, surely can't be because of the coaching can it?

We shouldn't be complacent in EL. With the CL being the price for the winner, we should go all out to win it. We should put a strong side to face Asteras. Afterall, we have been struggling in almost all our matches so far this season. Making too many changes are only going to affect us. Asteras has done well tho lead the group, winning and drawing 1 each. We have yet to win after 2 matches. So, this is a must-win match for us if we want to progress to the next stage.

The only ones I would consider resting are the in-form players like Lloris, Eriksen, Chadli and Capoue. All the others like Lamela and Soldado need to play in this sort of matches to build their confidence and form. Ofcourse without Eriksen and Chadli, we will struggle to score goals. This is where the likes of Kane and Soldado should step up. After their bad performance against ManCity, Lamela and Soldado badly need a good performance to get back their confidence. After his penalty miss against City, Soldado badly need a goal from somewhere to revive his Spurs Career.

In midfield, want to see us play the likes of Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend and Lennon. Not convinced of Townsend but maybe he can play some part. Hope we will give some chance to Paulinho as well. It is really disappointing the way Paulinho has gone missing completely. He came with a big reputation in Brazil but has yet to fully impress since joining us. Hope he will do well if given a chance here.

We have a big problem in defence as all are too-error prone. Chiriches was the main culprit against Besiktas, causing us to concede the lat equaliser. Not sure who we can rely upon in defence. Just hope they will avoid any stupid mistakes. Since we are playing at home, there is no excuse whatsoever why we cannot win this match. Anything other than a win will be unacceptable !

Last edited:
Any official team news yet ?

Apart from Walker, I think all our players are fully fit. But the problem is, most of the players have not been playing to their true potential so far this season. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a moral-boosting win.

We shouldn't be complacent in EL. With the CL being the price for the winner, we should go all out to win it. We should put a strong side to face Asteras. Afterall, we have been struggling in almost all our matches so far this season. Making too many changes are only going to affect us. Asteras has done well tho lead the group, winning and drawing 1 each. We have yet to win after 2 matches. So, this is a must-win match for us if we want to progress to the next stage.

The only ones I would consider resting are the in-form players like Lloris, Eriksen, Chadli and Capoue. All the others like Lamela and Soldado need to play in this sort of matches to build their confidence and form. Ofcourse without Eriksen and Chadli, we will struggle to score goals. This is where the likes of Kane and Soldado should step up. After their bad performance against ManCity, Lamela and Soldado badly need a good performance to get back their confidence. After his penalty miss against City, Soldado badly need a goal from somewhere to revive his Spurs Career.

In midfield, want to see us play the likes of Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend and Lennon. Not convinced of Townsend but maybe he can play some part. Hope we will give some chance to Paulinho as well. It is really disappointing the way Paulinho has gone missing completely. He came with a big reputation in Brazil but has yet to fully impress since joining us. Hope he will do well if given a chance here.

We have a big problem in defence as all are too-error prone. Chiriches was the main culprit against Besiktas, causing us to concede the lat equaliser. Not sure who we can rely upon in defence. Just hope they will avoid any stupid mistakes. Since we are playing at home, there is no excuse whatsoever why we cannot win this match. Anything other than a win will be unacceptable !

I disagree. We need to use the squad. Our cup team might have struggled a bit but they are good enough to get out of the group and we will be in an even worse place if one of the first team players gets injured and none of the squad outside of the match day squad has played any competitive football.

It is also a chance for us to get some competition for places. If players who perform well in the cup side get promoted to the PL team then it should push up performances across the squad.

Apart from Walker, I think all our players are fully fit. But the problem is, most of the players have not been playing to their true potential so far this season. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a moral-boosting win.

Naughton and Bentaleb are out too

I disagree. We need to use the squad. Our cup team might have struggled a bit but they are good enough to get out of the group and we will be in an even worse place if one of the first team players gets injured and none of the squad outside of the match day squad has played any competitive football.

It is also a chance for us to get some competition for places. If players who perform well in the cup side get promoted to the PL team then it should push up performances across the squad.

Yeah. It's not about now. It's being clever now to prevent us hitting a wall around March time like we used to do under Redknapp.

Track record suggests Poch will change the outfield 10 from City entirely. Possible exceptions being:
- Dier because of our RB injuries
- One of Fazio or Kaboul may play if he intends to play Verts instead of them against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Naughton and Bentaleb are out too

Yeah. It's not about now. It's being clever now to prevent us hitting a wall around March time like we used to do under Redknapp.

Track record suggests Poch will change the outfield 10 from City entirely. Possible exceptions being:
- Dier because of our RB injuries
- One of Fazio or Kaboul may play if he intends to play Verts instead of them against Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Fazio will definitely play because he is suspended this weekend. It will be telling whether Chiriches is trusted again or whether he is cast aside.

Btw, who has been playing below par this season?

For me:

Above expectation - Dier, Naughton, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Chadli, Kane
As expected - Lloris, Verts, Dembele, Townsend, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado
Below expectation - Chiriches, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Ade
Can't tell yet - Vorm, Walker, Fazio, Stambouli

I'd say that's a lot more successes than failures

Fazio will definitely play because he is suspended this weekend. It will be telling whether Chiriches is trusted again or whether he is cast aside.

I'd like to hope Poch and the coaches have been in his ear for the last fortnight boosting his confidence. I think there have been signs that they've been improving Lamela and Soldados mental resilience.

He'll also be fitter than the last game, and we don't know how much of a factor that was.

I'd play Chiriches and rest Verts (I'd forgotten Fazio would be suspended).

Remember our home cup fans are also a lot more supportive of our own players than our home league fans, so it's not going to be the worst arena to come back into.

Last edited:
Btw, who has been playing below par this season?

For me:

Above expectation - Dier, Naughton, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Chadli, Kane
As expected - Lloris, Verts, Dembele, Townsend, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado
Below expectation - Chiriches, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Ade
Can't tell yet - Vorm, Walker, Fazio, Stambouli

I'd say that's a lot more successes than failures

Kaboul above expectation? he's been horrendous bar one game.

Eriksen and Townsend have definitely been below expectation, Kane would be as expected to me, Soldado hasn't played enough to judge.

Kaboul above expectation? he's been horrendous bar one game.

Eriksen and Townsend have definitely been below expectation, Kane would be as expected to me, Soldado hasn't played enough to judge.

Kaboul was great against Arsenal and fit for a few more. That's above my expectations. I think we all know smart, agile forwards like Aguero will always tear him a new one.

Eriksen we know can be inconsistent and is still too peripheral in some games, but that's normal for young playmakers (see Modric's first season with us). Townsend I only have hope of him improving because his record of knuckling down and raising his game when he's been written off as having hit his ceiling.

I'd like to see us try Vlad at RB, think it will suit him more.

Would also prefer us to play Fazio and Kaboul together once more and stick Dier with Verts together for the league game (although doubt this is going to happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back