• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham's second string vs asters tripolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody seen the teams this crowd have beaten to end up here? Just wondering since they are being treated so lightly!

Has anybody seen the teams this crowd have beaten to end up here? Just wondering since they are being treated so lightly!

I think they will be able to put up a fight. But I think we'll be better off playing primarily players that will be fighting for a starting place in the league for us themselves rather than players that will have one eye on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game already. We have a quad, we should use it.

I too worry that we might be taking them a bit lightly; they are top of the group after all.

I'd go with:

Lloris (only because it's a home game)

Naughton (or Dier)* -- Dier (or Chiriches)* -- Fazio -- Davies

Stambouli -- Bentaleb

Paulinho

Lennon -- Ade -- Kane​

* If Naughton is not fit

He's no more than fifth choice in CM at the moment. Playing minutes are probably better spent on Bentaleb and Stambouli.

This. Plus Bentaleb and Stambouli are the future, while Dembele is just biding time till the January or Summer window.

Something a bit different...

......................... Vorm
........ Chiriches ... Fazio ... Vertonghen
Lennon ......................................... Davies
.......... Stambouli ....... Bentaleb
...... Paulinho ................ Townsend
........................ Kane

Spurs 5 - 1 Asteras Tripolis

Something a bit different...

......................... Vorm
........ Chiriches ... Fazio ... Vertonghen
Lennon ......................................... Davies
.......... Stambouli ....... Bentaleb
...... Paulinho ................ Townsend
........................ Kane

Spurs 5 - 1 Asteras Tripolis

Inspired by your selection, I'd love to see us try something a little bit different. Would be interesting to see if either Andros or Kane could work well at the tip of a diamond. With Sterling and Downing running wild in that role, it could be interesting to see Andros try it. Could get some shots off.

—————HUGO—————
—VLAD--FAZIO--JAN--DAVIES
————STAMBOULI————
LENNON————TOWNSEND—
——————KANE———
—SOLDADO————ADEBAYOR

He'll probably play this though...

———HL————
VC—FF—JV—BD
——NB—BS——
AL——HK——AT
———EA————

We'll destroy them.

This. Plus Bentaleb and Stambouli are the future, while Dembele is just biding time till the January or Summer window.

Yes, jury still out on whether Bentaleb or Stambouli will make it at Spurs longer term however Dembele just doesnt look good enough to make the step up from Fulham, where he was a star in a poor bottom of the table team, to be good enough to play regularly for a team aspiring to challenge for a top 4 spot. Think we should flog him before his value deteriorates more as a result of not playing

Yes, jury still out on whether Bentaleb or Stambouli will make it at Spurs longer term however Dembele just doesnt look good enough to make the step up from Fulham, where he was a star in a poor bottom of the table team, to be good enough to play regularly for a team aspiring to challenge for a top 4 spot. Think we should flog him before his value deteriorates more as a result of not playing

I wonder if the deal to make is a swap in January for Rodriguez. Southampton get shot of a player running his contract down and Dembele gets to hook up with Koeman again (who worked together at AZ).

I don't think Vlad should play, I still shudder from that Besiktas horror show that could see us eliminated at the group stage, especially if we don't win this one.

Maybe if we qualify before the last game in the group, then give him another chance but tomorrow is crucial.

I don't think Vlad should play, I still shudder from that Besiktas horror show that could see us eliminated at the group stage, especially if we don't win this one.

Maybe if we qualify before the last game in the group, then give him another chance but tomorrow is crucial.

This

[tweet]524932599631073280[/tweet]

ok so...

---------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------

Dier--------------------Fazio-------------Chiriches--------------Davies

---------------------------Stambouli-----Dembele---------------------

-------Lennon-----------------------Kane--------------------Townsend-

----------------------------------Soldado--------------------------------

any team that doesnt have Chiriches in...... and none of the team that will start on Sunday.

So, that leaves

Vorm

Lennon - worth a try here as he spends most of his time back there anyway
Fazio
Dier
Davies

Bentelab
Stambouli

Townsend
Paulinho
Kane

Ade

This team is more than capable of getting a result tonight.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, however, is a must win

Reading Ryan Mason's comments, he makes it sound like we will be putting out a solid team:

"We're confident of getting out of the group. We're taking it serious, I think our team selection shows that. I think a draw wasn't a result against Besiktas, who are a good side, and hopefully we can get the three points on Thursday."

Now whether or not he means that our selection's to date have shown we are serious or he's hinting at our 1st choice 11 starting midweek, I don't know. We have two more home games in the group, so I'd expect us to play our best in both and make certain of the points. Given our lack of right backs atm I'd expect a backline of Dier-Fazio-Chiriches-Davies. I'd also prefer to drop Chiriches but I expect Vertonghen to start on the weekend with Kaboul. Stambouli will start in midfield with Dembele imo. The forward three are the conundrum as we haven't looked creative enough without Lamela or Eriksen. I expect to see us start with Lennon and Townsend on the flanks and Kane sitting behind Ade, but wouldn't be suprised to see Lamela in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back