• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Blue Scum OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course it is.

Hes putting it on them to step up, clear as day.

Takes a special kind of negativist to try and see it as anything but.
Think this will all be part of a mini clearout, those who arent going to step up will be shifted on. I think we've peaked in terms of where this current squad will be able to take us, and will see a few fresh faces will come in....

Think this will all be part of a mini clearout, those who arent going to step up will be shifted on. I think we've peaked in terms of where this current squad will be able to take us, and will see a few fresh faces will come in....

I think yo might be right, though i'd want us to have maybe been closer to confirming a CL place before thinking of the intended clearout; we'll need these players to get us CL this season first after all...

Agreed, though the frustrating thing with the Burnley game is that almost nobody stepped up - including the likes of Eriksen, Son, Toby, Rose - quality first teamers who I think most would be happy to help form the core of our team.

Such a shame Dier is not available; anyone know how likely that it is that he'll be available for Saturday's game vs Arsenal?

I can certainly agree a shake up/refresh is due and expect it to happen, potentially with some fan favourites to be moved on.

I cant say this team has peaked though, I do think there is still potential in there to be unlocked.

Agreed, though the frustrating thing with the Burnley game is that almost nobody stepped up - including the likes of Eriksen, Son, Toby, Rose - quality first teamers who I think most would be happy to help form the core of our team.

Sadly, i think what we needed as part of this 'stepping up' was the sort of physical presence we've mostly enjoyed in cm in previous seasons. Burnley bullied us and we physically couldn't cope (yes the ref helped them out in that regard, but as i say those tactics wouldn't have worked in previous seasons...)

This was most worrying aspect of that game.
I’m a fan of Winks but he was out muscled Saturday.
When we were at our peak under Poch it rarely would happen. Physically we could mix it with anyone, and then we could out football most. It's why we rarely lost games like Watford and Burnley away.

When we were at our peak under Poch it rarely would happen. Physically we could mix it with anyone, and then we could out football most. It's why we rarely lost games like Watford and Burnley away.

Are we post-Poch peak then?? record points for this stage of the season, Carabou Cup semi-finals and on the doorstep of CL quarter-finals and we are past Peak Poch?

Are we post-Poch peak then?? record points for this stage of the season, Carabou Cup semi-finals and on the doorstep of CL quarter-finals and we are past Peak Poch?
We're not, I think we will win the league under him.
I mean peak up until now, but as you say it's debatable. But I think we've ridden our luck hugely at times this season and that burnley result was never far away.
2016/17 season we were very strong. The two areas that we now find our selves the weakest in, were actually our strongest areas (full backs and centre mid).
On the flip side, Dele, Kane, Eriksen, Son, Alderweireld, Vertonghen are all better.

Couldn't be that we just beat them without the excuse of Sarri and his dressing room.. Why set it up that way?

I reckon we'll win a tight encounter 2-1.

Not really, the situation that happened Sunday and the aftermath over the last few days will be on people’s mind and could infact impact the game. If Kepa is in goal or not, it will impact tactics, mentality which could cause some sort of reaction.

Dear overseer,

I know we are all blasphemers, but please PLEASE make us winners tonight??

If not, please, PLEASE make us beat The Woolwich Nomads on Saturday. Please? PLEASE

Back