• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Blue Scum OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 of 2 things will happen after the incident on Sunday.

1. We give them a good hiding because Sarri has lost the dressing room.

2. They have a point to prove and give us a good hiding with their best performance of the season.

This will not be a 0-0 and one team or the other will win comfortably.

Couldn't be that we just beat them without the excuse of Sarri and his dressing room.. Why set it up that way?

I reckon we'll win a tight encounter 2-1.

Entirely winnable game, but no room for complacency.

On form Chelsea are still a decent side, even if this is the weakest squad Ive seen of them for years.

After the weekend Id expect changes and a bit of bite, a strong start from them.

BUT - if we keep solid and find a bit of form we are more than capable of beating them.

And thinking about it I could copy and paste this into the Arsenal thread when it comes up!

Unfortunately, I have a feeling the Chelsea players will be bang up for this. It keeps the fans onside, putting in a good performance in against your biggest rival and as a result it also helps them to put the focus of under-performance squarely at the manager. Until the next bad performance at least.

Entirely winnable game, but no room for complacency.

On form Chelsea are still a decent side, even if this is the weakest squad Ive seen of them for years.

After the weekend Id expect changes and a bit of bite, a strong start from them.

BUT - if we keep solid and find a bit of form we are more than capable of beating them.

And thinking about it I could copy and paste this into the Arsenal thread when it comes up!

Poch's 'pep talk' (no pun etc) via the media in the last 24 hears are giving out strange messages

Unfortunately, I have a feeling the Chelsea players will be bang up for this. It keeps the fans onside, putting in a good performance in against your biggest rival and as a result it also helps them to put the focus of under-performance squarely at the manager. Until the next bad performance at least.

Chelsea is so mercurial. But Hazard he never stops!

"If you want to be a real contender, playing well or not, it's (the game against Burnley) a must-win," Pochettino said.

"You need to show you are fighting for big things and I am frustrated because we didn't show the same energy as Burnley, the same attitude as Burnley, the same ambition as Burnley.

"We have to look at ourselves and maybe assess ourselves in different ways - we are not looking for excuses.

"It is holding us back and it might take five years' work, 10 years' work to change that."

"To go away and play the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal - that is easy," Pochettino added. "You don't need a manager to motivate you for those games, that is normal.

"But if we don't have the will to show that (against Burnley), then you don't deserve anything.

"What we showed on Saturday was that we are a good team, have good quality but not enough to win a Premier League title - that is the reality.

"If you are not able to beat Burnley it is impossible to think you will win the title - if you do it's because others have lost the opportunity themselves.

"The reality is that it will be tough to win the Premier League because of us, not because Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project are any better."

Sounds very much to me like he is calling out the players to step up. And I dont think he is wrong.

Not sure its a strange message at all. That last line says it all IMHO.

After the disappointing defeat to Burnley, we badly need to get back to winning form. But it is not going to be easy as we have to play Chelsea away. We have such a poor record away at Chelsea as we have only won 1 match there since 1990. That only win was when we beat Chelsea 3-1 away last season, inspired by 2 goals from Alli. We are badly going to miss Alli as he has single handedly inspired us with his crucial goals in all our last 3 league wins against Chelsea, home and away. Let's hope Kane or others will inspire us to beat Chelsea this time.

I think Kane will be our key player in this match. it was great to see him coming back from injury and scoring against Burnley. We will need Kane to be at his best and scoring against Chelsea as well. After all, Kane has not scored against Chelsea away since we drew 2-2 with them in 2016 which destroyed our league title chances. Hope Kane can score at least 1 goal in this match. With Alli still out injured, we will need others like Eriksen and Son to step up and inspire us. Eriksen has a good record against Chelsea as he has scored in our last 2 league matches at Chelsea. Hope Eriksen can continue his goal scoring run against Chelsea. Son too really needs to step up his game as he rarely turns up against big teams away. Lamela must start this match as his work rate and creativity will help us stop Chelsea. Llorente or Moura can come later in the match as needed.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Wish we can still call on Wanyama and Dembele against Chelsea. With Dembele already sold, maybe we can partner Sissoko and Wanyama in this match. Winks has done well this season but his lack of experience against big teams will be his main weakness. Also, we need someone who can be more ruthless in midfield like Wanyama against teams like Chelsea. Sissoko had a poor match against Burnley but hope he will get back his form in this match.

Can't help but worried about our defence against Chelsea. Our defending have not been really convincing this season. We have conceded too many soft goals this season. Hope Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be at their best in this match. Don't want to see us playing the error-prone Sanchez or Foyth in defence. After all, our defence is must better when we only play Vertonghen and Alderweireld together. We should avoid giving away freekicks near our goal as Chelsea have players who can score long range goals. It will help us greatly if we can stop Chelsea scoring in this match.

It is going to be another tense match for us. Chelsea will be desperate to win after losing the Carabao Cup final to Emirates Marketing Project. With this being another London derby, can see Chelsea lifting their game against us. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Chelsea and stay in the top 3 race.

"If you want to be a real contender, playing well or not, it's (the game against Burnley) a must-win," Pochettino said.

"You need to show you are fighting for big things and I am frustrated because we didn't show the same energy as Burnley, the same attitude as Burnley, the same ambition as Burnley.

"We have to look at ourselves and maybe assess ourselves in different ways - we are not looking for excuses.

"It is holding us back and it might take five years' work, 10 years' work to change that."

"To go away and play the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal - that is easy," Pochettino added. "You don't need a manager to motivate you for those games, that is normal.

"But if we don't have the will to show that (against Burnley), then you don't deserve anything.

"What we showed on Saturday was that we are a good team, have good quality but not enough to win a Premier League title - that is the reality.

"If you are not able to beat Burnley it is impossible to think you will win the title - if you do it's because others have lost the opportunity themselves.

"The reality is that it will be tough to win the Premier League because of us, not because Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project are any better."

Sounds very much to me like he is calling out the players to step up. And I dont think he is wrong.

Not sure its a strange message at all. That last line says it all IMHO.

I've been saying the exact same thing for years. Welcome to my world, Poch.

Everybody dance now!

Wish Alli can be fully fit for this match as he loves scoring against Chelsea. We have to rely on others to get us the goals in this match. Chelsea will make it realy tough for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will do enough to beat Chelsea and get back to winning ways.

That line was not thought out!
So if Pochittino thinks it's going to take yet another five years, what does that say to Harry, Dele and Eriksen:eek:?

PS sounds like he asked Redknapp for advice;)

It says to them - if you are winners then prove it, because its up to you to make the difference.

Its a message to the players to step up. Really not sure why its got your panties in a bunch.

It says to them - if you are winners then prove it, because its up to you to make the difference.

Its a message to the players to step up. Really not sure why its got your panties in a bunch.

No its not. Unfortunately it is giving the players an excuse for not having a winning mentality. It says to them, well even the coach thinks its going to take another five years to change things so there isn't much we can do about it.

Poch needs to find a way to fire THESE players up NOW. And not give them any excuses for NOT performing.

I've been saying the exact same thing for years. Welcome to my world, Poch.

He's paid millions to change their attitude. So I conclude from his wanting another FIVE YEARS that he has failed. So why does he think that might change in another 5 years!

No its not. Unfortunately it is giving the players an excuse for not having a winning meteorology. It says to them, well even the coach thinks its going to take another five years to change things so there isn't much we can do about it.

Poch needs to find a way to fire THESE players up NOW. And not give them any excuses for NOT performing.

Of course it is.

Hes putting it on them to step up, clear as day.

Takes a special kind of negativist to try and see it as anything but.

Poch is clearly calling some players out, there was no excuse for that performance against Burnley with what was at stake.

We are not a young squad anymore, we’ve experienced plenty now under Poch’s reign. Play well and lose, it happens. Don’t turn up and lose, unacceptable. Burnley showed more fight to stay in the Premier league then we did to try to win it.

Understandable that Poch is annoyed with that defeat to Burnley. It's a delicate balance to call them out in public like that though; we can only hope it works tonight...if we play like we have been mostly since the turn of the year i feel we'll get a pasting!

Back