• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs West Brom*** Official Match Thread

Good win, some deserved breathing space after the draws we've had recently.

Although, again....we do lack a focal point when a natural striker isn't available. Dempsey doesn't run the channels or look for angles like either Defoe or Ade does. He drops deep, which just clutters up the midfield and leaves no one to target up front, which results in all the unused crosses we saw going into the box today.

Defoe's probably out for a while, and now it feels ever so strange to be wishing for the return of the lethargic Ade, on the grounds of 'well, something's better than nothing'. Still, mustn't grumble too much. Onwards and upwards.

Watched the last 20 mins only - and I thought we were excellent, complete possession, complete dominance, good substitutions. Can't believe the hysterical idiots moaning on this thread. 1 point behind 3rd aren't we? Get a grip some of you!

Want to think of something negative to say but we've got three points away from home and are one-point off third.

Lets face it, sending off was massive. But if Bale and Holtby stay fit for the rest of the season I think we have a great chance of finishing 4th due to their brilliance.

I know it's been said time and time again... But if we JUST had one world class striker, a Falcao, Llorente type figure... We really could win the league.

We're rivalling Stoke for who can play the most turgid football. This has been utter brick regardless of the win.

Seriously mate, no-one says you can't have an opinion, but why is yours always so damn negative?

You are the original harbinger of doom, aren't you?
One of the best examples of possession football I've seen from us in recent years, and away from home, when we've been not at the top of our game for a few weeks.

Lighten up.

Lets face it, sending off was massive. But if Bale and Holtby stay fit for the rest of the season I think we have a great chance of finishing 4th due to their brilliance.

I know it's been said time and time again... But if we JUST had one world class striker, a Falcao, Llorente type figure... We really could win the league.

Almost every game we create a minimum of 15 chances

Seriously mate, no-one says you can't have an opinion, but why is yours always so damn negative?

You are the original harbinger of doom, aren't you?
One of the best examples of possession football I've seen from us in recent years, and away from home, when we've been not at the top of our game for a few weeks.

Lighten up.

Im just pleased he doesnt have a ST next to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good win, some deserved breathing space after the draws we've had recently.

Although, again....we do lack a focal point when a natural striker isn't available. Dempsey doesn't run the channels or look for angles like either Defoe or Ade does. He drops deep, which just clutters up the midfield and leaves no one to target up front, which results in all the unused crosses we saw going into the box today.

Defoe's probably out for a while, and now it feels ever so strange to be wishing for the return of the lethargic Ade, on the grounds of 'well, something's better than nothing'. Still, mustn't grumble too much. Onwards and upwards.

I have to agree with this. He's no striker.

I didn't see the game, but looking at the BBC stats they say we had 70 percent possession, 21 shots with 13 on target (WBA 4 shots with 3 on target), 17 corners... and we're playing away against a top half side who likely want to stop us from playing (especially after going down to ten men). Did we really play as badly as some are suggesting on here??

Think people are going a bit overboard with Holtby. Loved the way he always wanted the ball and his mentality seems great but it's early to compare him to VDV. He has the same simian kind of run and is stocky like him but I didn't see that next level creativity and ease in passing. Don't get me wrong I'd start him above Dempsey and Sig (although Sig is looking pretty good now I think).

Anyway, great win. Can't believe people are complaining about the standard of football. We have no strikers. We have lacked creativity all season. I think AVB is doing an amazing job with what he's had to work with.

I didn't see the game, but looking at the BBC stats they say we had 70 percent possession, 21 shots with 13 on target (WBA 4 shots with 3 on target), 17 corners... and we're playing away against a top half side who likely want to stop us from playing (especially after going down to ten men). Did we really play as badly as some are suggesting on here??

We were pretty dire before the sending off. Didn't actually look that much like scoring before the goal. But were comfortable after it.

Really can't see where the goals are to come from. Seems that it is either a bit of individual brilliance from Bale or nothing. CM not working at all.

We have been shocking today and not much better in recent games. Sandro a massive loss and Parker is an inadequate replacement. Two poor passes in the last minute nearly gifted WBA 2 clear ops.
Dembele played? Watched on a stream and can't recall him touching the ball.
Big result, though. Hope people realise now just how great it was when Ade was playing and we were winning and scoring 3 or 4 goals.

We were the best team in the first half too.

Good game from us.

Glad to see Parker up his game and performing again. Dembele and Holtby very good, Bale a fudging superstar.

A bit sketchy at the back between Dawson and Walker in particular I thought, Vertonghen not at his best either. Thought Ekotto was good and very important in our buildup play with a lot of good passing, particularly in the second half.

We have been shocking today and not much better in recent games. Sandro a massive loss and Parker is an inadequate replacement. Two poor passes in the last minute nearly gifted WBA 2 clear ops.
Dembele played? Watched on a stream and can't recall him touching the ball.
Big result, though. Hope people realise now just how great it was when Ade was playing and we were winning and scoring 3 or 4 goals.

Scoring 3/4 goals???

I don't think we need a world class striker, even someone like Fletcher or Long who keeps CBs occupied would be good.

I have to agree with this. He's no striker.

Worst comes to worst, we can play Kane or Obika up top, I suppose. Still a rather unfortunate situation to be in. Let's hope Defoe's injury isn't too serious, although apparently the medics suspected ankle ligament damage, which is never good.

Back