• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs West Brom*** Official Match Thread

Thank fudge the Manager of the Month curse has ended.

AVB won the Manager of the Month on the 11th January.
Then we drew 3 in the league and went out of the Cup.
First match in February and we're back winning.

I'll take any (and all) abuse for what I'm about to say...

Some people here need to grow up.
This isn't FIFA '13 and it isn't fantasy football.
It's the fudging premiership, and you deal with what you deal with.
Two thirds OF OUR SPINE IS NOT ON THE fudging PITCH!!!!!!!!! We are not missing minor players, we are missing a few BIG ONES.
We pull our socks up after a slow start, we put the vice-grip on the game, we wrestle control, we slowly apply pressure, an idiot pops and gets sent-off and we continue to wrest control.
We win precisely the sort of game we would've drawn or even lost in seasons gone by, we overcome more misfortune, yet there are people complaining.
Jesus fudging Christ, I am so delighted this football team doesn't have the thing dainty skin (or lack of balls) that some of you do; we'd turn around, hand our 4 point advantage to the junior dippers, tell Chavski to stop getting nervous and slink off to mid-table for a paycheck and a jolly.

It's pathetic.

Thank christ for the (as usual) SUPERB away support.

Oh, and to whoever it was that said 'Bale won't get us out of the brick every week', take a look at Man Utd and Robin van Persie. They don't complain where it comes from, they just take it. Without him they'd be way way off the title...

I absolutely agree with Marky. And before some Dudley Do-Right waffles on about 'we're entitled to criticize' well yes, you are, but only if you can apply context to your criticism!!!
I have yet to see it.

Come on you fudging GUTSY, GREAT SPURS!

Spot on... I've been watching Spurs for over 40 years, and I have never seen us control a game as well as we now are able to. I'll have goals from wherever... if Gareth wants to be top scorer, then good luck to him. We go one - nil up, and for the first time I feel confident we can hold on.

Steff, I know you are a "glass is three-quarters full and the waitress is on her way over" kind of guy, but you must admit that we were toothless in the first half with zero shots on target and a malfunctioning system.

Yes, when they went down to ten men immediately after half time we looked better, and when Holtby came on we finally looked like scoring.

There is no need to say supporters don't have balls, for criticising another stuttering performance.

I really want to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine next week, but we don't look like we are performing properly at all to me.

West Brom got in 3 times in the first half when they had 11 men on the pitch - better players would have made us pay.

I feel we could do better without Adebeyour or Defoe

I have always felt confused over Defoe for many years. This year was his best start for us but once again
he has not played to his best. Sometimes he does not look up and see whats on.

I really wish Defoe was more consistant..but for me he"s not a winner of a big game.

As for Adebayour . He was really our replace for Modric as a Top draw player..but again this player is even worse than Defoe.

I don't feel the player cares as much as...say..Dempsy..or Arron Lennon..IMO..

Anyway its a big win today...on and upwards...you never know...we might achieve something this season!

Steff, I know you are a "glass is three-quarters full and the waitress is on her way over" kind of guy, but you must admit that we were toothless in the first half with zero shots on target and a malfunctioning system.

Yes, when they went down to ten men immediately after half time we looked better, and when Holtby came on we finally looked like scoring.

There is no need to say supporters don't have balls, for criticising another stuttering performance.

I really want to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine next week, but we don't look like we are performing properly at all to me.

West Brom got in 3 times in the first half when they had 11 men on the pitch - better players would have made us pay.

Bullet,

I am an optimist but I am also a realist.

Look at what we currently have, note the brick start we had to the match, note how we slowly managed to control the ball, and note how by the end of the first-half we had nullified the 'threat' of the home side with their 4-4-2 (strikers!). Yes, they got in three times. Our goalkeeper had to work. Away from home. What a disgrace (though I was of course worried about whether Daws and Verts had met each other!)...

Sorry mate, I absolutely 100% believe what I said. Not personally aimed at anyone, I love everyone here mate because we are all Spurs, but some of the moaning does my head in.

We are not performing as the manager would ideally like. Without Sandro, Adebayor (yes, I have consistently maintained we miss him and I stand by that too) and now Defoe, the manager has to be creative with his available options. And he's doing well.

You would surely agree that in this situation over the years, we'd have lost this AND the match on Wednesday.

I apologise if the sentiment I expressed offends you mate, but I stand behind it.

Some of our supporters need great context and bigger balls IMO.

I am delighted with the win but that was painful to watch. Thank fudge for Lloris's saves and WBA had 3 other chances where they were clean through and screwed up. I am getting the hump with Verts..he does not seem as if he is "liking" it, he is lumping the ball upfield and getting bashed up or going missing. 11 against 11 we ain't winning that game IMO.
The good points were our passing was pretty good, Holtby and Gallas were good.
But Gareth was the boyo. I think and hope we will get at least next season out of him but it must be frustrating for him bursting into their box and not having good options. Can't wait for Ade to return.

Last edited:
Vertonghen hasn't been in great form for a while. Tends to be a little casual at times for my liking and weirdly enough, has been liking a hoof as well recently - though I suspect this is more about not having an easy outball in midfield especially against the teams that've pressured us like QPR, Norwich etc.

We need someone to actually attack the ball in the box (hence our interest in Leandro, whose one ability seems to be scoring tap-ins) - Ade's style unfortunately isn't like that, but I'm hoping his link up ability and unselfishness will at least enable Bale-Lennon-Holtby to make those striker runs. Tbh, even Saha if fit is not a bad option if you consider the type of striker we need.

Two thirds OF OUR SPINE IS NOT ON THE fudging PITCH!!!!!!!!! We are not missing minor players, we are missing a few BIG ONES.
We pull our socks up after a slow start, we put the vice-grip on the game, we wrestle control, we slowly apply pressure, an idiot pops and gets sent-off and we continue to wrest control.
We win precisely the sort of game we would've drawn or even lost in seasons gone by, we overcome more misfortune, yet there are people complaining.
Jesus fudging Christ, I am so delighted this football team doesn't have the thing dainty skin (or lack of balls) that some of you do; we'd turn around, hand our 4 point advantage to the junior dippers, tell Chavski to stop getting nervous and slink off to mid-table for a paycheck and a jolly.

It's pathetic.

Oh, and to whoever it was that said 'Bale won't get us out of the brick every week', take a look at Man Utd and Robin van Persie. They don't complain where it comes from, they just take it. Without him they'd be way way off the title...

I absolutely agree with Marky. And before some Dudley Do-Right waffles on about 'we're entitled to criticize' well yes, you are, but only if you can apply context to your criticism!!!
I have yet to see it.

fudging Bravo steff =D>

It's pathetic.

I have yet to see it.

Superb post, agree with every word.

Finally got back, Savoured every minute of that, 2 wins on the bounce at The Hawthorns after a few years of dross.

As posted in the Holtby thread, I absolutely love this guy, gonna be a star, and I love his passion for the shirt already.
Nice gesture by Benny at the end too, giving his shirt away.
Brilliant away support...as usual. Top day out

Chant of the day, by a country mile. "He drives where he wants, he drives where he wants, Od-em-winge, He drives where he wants"
Even the Baggies gave it a clap.
Although it was funny singing "He would have scored that, he would scored, Od-em-winge, he would have scored that" every time Lukaku or Long missed a chance

Hawthorns2013.jpg

Similar choice for us, its getting tighter by the season with the price of tickets/petrol. Sometimes you choose right, sometimes you dont

Indeed, had the privilege of going to Old Trafford so I can hardly complain. Liverpool next hopefully. Glad you enjoyed today anyway.

Back