• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland OMT like ***

Has Son actually played much on the right before? I thought he was very much a left-sided or maybe central player.

I would lik to see Pritchard start, and Harrison as at least one striker on the bench.
Don't see why we would be afraid of Sunderland and play three back and square holding mids. We got to be positive.

Poch has said son is a striker so wouldn't be surprised to see him up top from the 60 th min kane behind

I would lik to see Pritchard start, and Harrison as at least one striker on the bench.
Don't see why we would be afraid of Sunderland and play three back and square holding mids. We got to be positive.

I think that you are likely to be disappointed on both counts

I hope to see:

Lloris, walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Dier, Bentaleb, Son, Alli, Chadli, Kane

But we all know Mason will be there instead of Alli. If Townsend starts ahead of Son I'll be venturing back into the pochetino thread....

Hope Njie and Pritchard are on the bench and can come on as exciting options, also hope poch doesn't wait until the 80th minute to make attacking changes.

Poch has said son is a striker so wouldn't be surprised to see him up top from the 60 th min kane behind

Only after Sept 1st when we failed to bring in a striker and we gave him the number 7 shirt. I have never seen him play but doing a little reading it seems like he is a Chadli type player who is a wing forward who has played up top as well during his career. His weaknesses seem to be back to goal, link up play and some of the physical stuff - basically it doesn't fill me with any confidence in him to lead the line for an extended period of time If kane gets injured.

As for the game tomorrow it will basically read like last year. If kane plays well and can finish, we win... If not then we might struggle to score

Only after Sept 1st when we failed to bring in a striker and we gave him the number 7 shirt. I have never seen him play but doing a little reading it seems like he is a Chadli type player who is a wing forward who has played up top as well during his career. His weaknesses seem to be back to goal, link up play and some of the physical stuff - basically it doesn't fill me with any confidence in him to lead the line for an extended period of time If kane gets injured.

As for the game tomorrow it will basically read like last year. If kane plays well and can finish, we win... If not then we might struggle to score

Still can't believe we didnt win that game up there last season.

I think that you are likely to be disappointed on both counts
I suspect you are correct.

Although, Kaz Sterling did well against Villa u18s, we might see him before long in the squad, even though he is still 16. He seems to have filled out well, better than I expected, although still a way to go before he is fully grown.

Surely, this is a must-win match for us. After being winless in our first 4 matches, we have to start winning now if we want to move up the league table. We have a great record against Sunderland in recent years, winning 7 and drawing 3 of our last 10 matches against them. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot win this match. Besides, we have a tough matches against Arsenal, ManCity and Monaco coming up. So, we need to find the winning formula before going into those matches.

We again have to rely on Kane for the goals. It was nice to see Kane scoring 2 goals for England during the international break. Hope he will bring that goal scoring run to Spurs. But he has only scored 2 goals in 12 matches since playing for England last time. So, we badly need him to score for us in this match. Wish we had signed another striker in the transfer window. Son, if he starts, will be under pressure to prove his huge transfer fee. Frankly, will prefer Son to come on as subs until he proves his worth. We badly lack a match-winner nowadays. So, it will be great if Eriksen is fit to play in this match. He has not been in great form for the last 20 matches or so. But he has scored 3 goals in his last 3 matches against Sunderland. So, hope he will get back his best form in this match. Similialy, hope Chadli will score in this match as he did score against Sunderland last season. Will be disappointed if Lamela doesn't play some part in the match despite his poor recent form.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to win the midfield battle if we want to have any chance to get something from this match. Not convinced of our midfield so far this season. It is really annoying that Pochettino failed to sign a defensive midfielder to strengthen the midfield. It is remain to be seen how much it will affect us without one. Still not convinced of Dier, Mason and Bentaleb in midfield. Wish Dembele is fit for this match. His dribbling skills will be much usefull for us. Won't mind if Delli starts in midfield even if he had a poor match against Everton.

After keeping the clean sheet against Everton, hope our defence will be able to stop Sunderland scoring as well. Only ManCity, ManU and Arsenal have conceded less goals than us so far this season. That seem to show our defence have done well so far. But then, our defence have not been really tested so far. Want to see Vertonghen and Alderweireld have better understanding between them. They cannot afford to make any mistakes if we want to start winning matches. Hope Lloris will be able to keep another clean sheet in this match. We traditionally let our former players score against us. Will be very annoyed if Defoe or even Kaboul score against us in this match !

We badly need to win this match ! With the excellent record we have against Sunderland, anything other than a win will be a setback for Pochettino and us.

Any official team news yet ?

Despite playing away, will be disappointed if we don't win. Performance is not really important in this match as long as we win !

Any official team news yet ?

Despite playing away, will be disappointed if we don't win. Performance is not really important in this match as long as we win !

Yes, this is the official team for today:

Hugo
Walker - Toby - Jan - Rose
Son - Mason - Dier - Bentaleb - Chadli
Kane

Son has to start this game, from his favoured position on the left wing forward. I really don't want to see Spurs fudge up another quality international player by playing him out of position, not to his strength.

I also think it's time Poch have Pritchard a start- outside of eriksen he's our most creative player, and while mason did ok last game, I'd say juries out for him. Unless he starts scoring or creating something he is living on borrowed time.

Fully expect a few of the fringe players, alli lamela trip faz wermer Davies vorm and maybe njie to get a full game against qarabang on the Europa game.
Lloris walker Toby jan rose
Dier bentaleb
Chadli Pritchard son
Kane
2-1 Spurs son with both.

...................Hugo
Kyle.......Toby.....Jan......Danny
..............Eric....Ryan
...Heung....Alex.....Nacer
..................Harry

With Adebayor gone I know this will be a win 3-0 Spurs, Kane hattrick. A dark cloud has been lifted from our loved club :) COYS!

Last edited:
Now Ade is no longer lingering in the background, could this be the springboard for a Kane hatrick, Mason thunderbolt, Lamela slolam run and dinked finish, Son to outrun Kaboul after giving him a quarter of the pitch standing start and then round the goalie and finish plus a Vertonghen ghosting run and finish?

Yeah i know, if Carlsberg did football matches...

Back