• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland OMT like ***

Townsend made an impact coming in, but that is the only thing he can do. Be an impact sub. We all know he can be good in flashes, but 15 minutes is the maximum time for him. He got past his defender 2 or 3 times, but after that, the defender knew what to do, as he does exactly the same over and over again. That's why he should never start/play a full match. He's so easy to read it's scary. What ever way he gets past, he will try the same again endlessly. Once we started playing fast, one-touch play, we opened them up. Why can't we do that more often? The players have it in them!

Last edited:
Still early days and all that, but I am a bit concerned that it took us until the 77th minute to get anything on target against a side that has conceded at almost twice the league average.

Still early days and all that, but I am a bit concerned that it took us until the 77th minute to get anything on target against a side that has conceded at almost twice the league average.

I really think Sunderland played well yesterday, much better than I expected and they have much better side than last season. Not sure Defoe will last a whole season and Fletcher is not a premiership striker.

I hate Sunderland its a dump and I would hate to live there, however it was good to see us pick up our first 3 points of the season so it was worth the trip. The game itself was pretty poor and I think it was out worst performance of the season ( funny how things work out, we should have won against both Utd and Everton by playing well yet we got three points when we were below par).

I had time for a quick drink after the game in the hospitatilty section at Sunderland, got speaking to a few Sunderland fans who all said that was their best performance of the season but as soon as they run out of steam ( after 60 minutes) we were the far better team and deserved our win ( their words not mine). They have a lot of hard workers but very little star quality and fear the worse for their team.

As for us I thought Dier was MOM ( again) followed by Mason who with Dier behind him to cover the space allowed Mason to make runs which he was not doing last season. I was critical of the Mason/Bentalab pairing last season as it was wide open to the opposition runners, now Dier is cutting out a lot of them and allowing Mason to perform a lot better.

Toby had his worst game for us but Defoe is still a very good player( despite what a lot of Spurs fans believe) and has good movement which caused Toby a few problems, but he is a great signing and has made a improvement to our defence. The other thing he has done ( along with Dier covering) has allowed Jan to come out of defence with the ball which he is good at.

As for the rest, well Kane is making poor decisions at the moment but once that first goal goes in he will pick up again, it would be a good move for Poch to suggest to him that he should look for other players around him and stop snatching at chances that are coming his way. Townsend came on and looked good but he does that as a sub, the problem is he still is basically a one trick pony and over 9O minutes good defenders will nullify him.

Anyway the fan were great as usual and I am looking forward to the rest of the season because we do have a lot of talent and once it all gells we have a lot of promise.

In all the excitement of securing our first win we seemed to have missed that Levy screwed up our travel arrangements again :mad:

"Remarkably, no one at Spurs had realised that on Sunday was Great North Run day and they unwisely spent Saturday night at a hotel in Saudi Sportswashing Machine before arriving at the ground later than planned after being forced to take a lengthy diversion."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/13/sunderland-tottenham-premier-league-match-report

In all the excitement of securing our first win we seemed to have missed that Levy screwed up our travel arrangements again :mad:

"Remarkably, no one at Spurs had realised that on Sunday was Great North Run day and they unwisely spent Saturday night at a hotel in Saudi Sportswashing Machine before arriving at the ground later than planned after being forced to take a lengthy diversion."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/13/sunderland-tottenham-premier-league-match-report
Honestly my patience is wearing thin with this little bald man

This was a much needed win ! It was not really a convincing performance and we had to ride our luck. In fact, we were very fortunate to win as Sunderland, particularly Defoe, had enough chances to score. But a win is a win ! It was really satisfying to get our first league win of the season. Hopefully this will lift the team to go on a winning run.

Credit to Mason for scoring the all-important goal and Lamela for creating the goal ! It was nice to see Mason scoring for a change after wasting so many similiar one-on-one chances in previous matches. We badly needed that goal ! Big credit to Lamela for creating that goal with a inch perfect pass ! Lamela is proving yet again that he is our most creative player. He had 7 assists for us last season. Hope he can get more this season. I think Lamela deserves to start the next game on this performance. He can be a very crucial player for us as long as we don't demand him to score goals or ask to defend ! He is simply the creator of goals !

Was very disappointed Kane has failed to score yet again. In fact, he wasted 2 golden chances to score. After scoring 2 goals for England, it is really disappointing that he has yet to score for us this season. He has now only scored 2 goals in 13 matches since playing for England. Didn't expect Son to score goals but was hoping he can make some impact. Instead, he didn't have any shots on target. It is clear Son will take time to get used to the English football. Until he does, don't think Son should be an automatic starter based on this performance. Similiarly, Chadli had a poor performance and wasted 2 good chances to score as well. Despite all his goals, Chadli is too inconsistent. It seems like for every goal he scores, he seems to waste 3 or 4 chances.

Due credit to our defence for keeping our 2nd consecutive clean sheet. Sunderland were unlucky not to score as they hit the post twice but still thought our defence did well. Thought Vertonghen had a good game especially in the 2nd half. But a bit worried about Alderweireld as he seems to be easily beaten Defoe in the first half. Fortunately for him, Defoe seldom scores from one-on-one chances as he hit the post after dribbling past him. Hopefully Vertonghen and Alderweireld will gel together more as partner in defence. Credit to Dier who had a good game in midfield and protected our defence when we needed badly.

It was nice to get our first win of the season. Hope this win will boost the morale of the players to do well this season.

I saw a stat saying we ran the most of any team this weekend. File that one away for future reference.

One thing that stood out for me in this match was that Alli and Mason ran beyond Kane a lot, especially Alli. Those runs even if they are not picked out with a pass are crucial. Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli are all players that look for it for feet. Too much of the same for me. Dier's introduction has freed up Mason to be a bit more expansive and Alli's natural inclination to run in behind could really change us. I'm hoping so anyway.

Last edited:
I saw a stat saying we ran the most of any team this weekend. File that one away for future reference.

One thing that stood out for me in this match was that Alli and Mason ran beyond Kane a lot, especially Alli. Those runs even if they are not picked out with a pass are crucial. Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli are all players that look for it for feet. Too much of the same for me. Dier's introduction has freed up Mason to be a bit more expansive and Alli's natural inclination to run in behind could really change us. I'm hoping so anyway.

I think we usually do, tbh. Weren't we the team with the most kilometres on the clock at the end of last season?

Back