• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

I'm flabbergasted at the anger directed towards our manager and the decisions he is being criticised for. A lot of opinions make us sound so frigging fairweather, and really show that a lot are part of the 'sing when your winning' phalanx.

I'm not picking this one out in particular, just decided to respond to a post, don't need to be patronised on how to use a forum

Well you picked one out that hasn't even displayed anger towards our manager. That's not a particularly good start if that was what you were annoyed at.

You might need to be patronised. The 'Reply' function usually means you are 'replying' to a specific post. If you're not, then don't use the reply function.

Well you picked one out that hasn't even displayed anger towards our manager. That's not a particularly good start if that was what you were annoyed at.

You might need to be patronised. The 'Reply' function usually means you are 'replying' to a specific post. If you're not, then don't use the reply function.
Well its a criticism of the management, and my point remains valid. Do you actually have a point or are you simply trying to be a WUM? Again who are you to tell me how to use the forum? How about discussing the footballing issues rather than discussing my posting. If you have an issue then take it up with me via PM

The portion of the game in the second half after Bale and Lennon switched wings was top class and is as good as I'd seen us perform all season tbh.
We had 22 shots to Stoke's 4.
The same people happy with AVB selection at before the start of the game will now be raging about it with the benefit of hindsight no doubt. Typical toys out the pram behaviour from people who still can't handle a result not going their way after a lifetime of results not going their way.

=D>

Says it all really...

LOL you are one of those people that doesn't understand the offside rule since it was updated to phases. You might get a job on MOTD out of that ;)
As soon as the swansea player headed the ball there was a new phase of offside. Vertonghen was definitely onside when the Swansea player played the ball.

Read my reply - I said POSSIBLE offside goal. On another day it could have been chalked off - rightly or wrongly.

Exactly. Bale at LB would change the dynamics of the game, maybe Stoke tries to use their right wing more as they know Bale will be up the other end most of the time.

give me a break.

Like anyone thought Stoke would be doing anything other then defending today. Pulis doesn't think about other teams tactics or dynamics of the game. H epics 11 6 footers and tells them to grab and hold for 90 minutes.

Against brick teams = " Ok guys you can attack a few times and grab a win."

Against good teams = "Ok guys grab, hold, and defend."

give me a break.

Like anyone thought Stoke would be doing anything other then defending today. Pulis doesn't think about other teams tactics or dynamics of the game. H epics 11 6 footers and tells them to grab and hold for 90 minutes.

Pretty much bang on.

I can't see Pulis having too many tactical epiphanies.

Read my reply - I said POSSIBLE offside goal. On another day it could have been chalked off - rightly or wrongly.

But its an IMPOSSIBLE offside goal.

1355670478426.gif

Walker crosses it to the Swansea player who heads to to Vertonghen.

Do you know what the amazing things is.

The same damn people that are continuously saying how often Stoke play this boring, thugs, defensive game are the same people that are now insinuating that Tony Pulis might have tweaked his tactics depending on how we play hahahahahah. Tony fudging Pulis who plays the same exact style of play for years will suddenly instruct stoke's right midfielder to have a go at us and play a different game because Bale is at lb ..looool oh man.

Last edited:
Well its a criticism of the management, and my point remains valid. Do you actually have a point or are you simply trying to be a WUM? Again who are you to tell me how to use the forum? How about discussing the footballing issues rather than discussing my posting. If you have an issue then take it up with me via PM

I'm not being a WUM at all, i'm clearly concerned about your forum needs.

It's not a criticism. It's having the ability of hindsight. AVB is going to make mistakes, all football managers do. However this was not really a mistake, but a bit of tactical nous that could have made the difference.

He wasn't wrong to play Verts at LB, he just could have been more right.

give me a break.

Lol good point.
It's a decent shout, maybe it would have helped us put the squeeze on them. My argument was that I think it's hard to say AVB was clueless today. It only takes a chance to win the game, and when's team is hell bent on being ultra defensive it's not as easy as just throwing more bodies in there. (see 10 man Chelsea v Barca). Verts done well with deliveries from that position and Bale was starting to wander a bit more.

I thought Walker and Dawson were horrendously bad today. Neither can play it out from the back. Dawson at least has a brain though which Walker does not. Sooner Benny returns the better, and I would even advocate playing Naughton at RB. Why did we get rid of Corluka again?

We need to bear in mind that todays' performance reinforced are inability to break teams down, especially those who are prepared to come and park the bus for 90 mins like stoke. Lets not use AVB as a spacegoat guys as this issue has been ongoing for many seasons now. I really feel that when teams come to white hart lane they've got our game plan sussed of to a t. We need to become more unpredictable and outlandish with our approach toward these type of teams, why not try dembele in behind Defoe? or Dembele or Huddlestone with Caroll in behind Defoe. It would mix things up a little and give the stokes of the premier league something different to think about. Put simply, i believe that AVB is becoming to stringent in his approach toward team selection and it's about time he began to utilize maybe a different team/system for home games to at least make us look like threatening the opposition.

We need to bear in mind that todays' performance reinforced are inability to break teams down, especially those who are prepared to come and park the bus for 90 mins like stoke. Lets not use AVB as a spacegoat guys as this issue has been ongoing for many seasons now. I really feel that when teams come to white hart lane they've got our game plan sussed of to a t. We need to become more unpredictable and outlandish with our approach toward these type of teams, why not try dembele in behind Defoe? or Dembele or Huddlestone with Caroll in behind Defoe. It would mix things up a little and give the stokes of the premier league something different to think about. Put simply, i believe that AVB is becoming to stringent in his approach toward team selection and it's about time he began to utilize maybe a different team/system for home games to at least make us look like threatening the opposition.

An interesting post with some very fair points.
I do think AVB could do with loosening his collar a little bit at home and not worrying so much about damage limitation in the first-half of matches.

Look, this is Harry team, weakened by the loss of Modric and VDV. We cant get too tinkled off until AVB has been backed in at least 2 transfer windows. This squad and first 11 has been assembled with playing one way, 442 hitting teams on the break with pace. We dont have the players to start changing it around massively. We have big problems up top in that Bad Ade plays when he wants and strolls around the pitch and JD just looks at the floor and hits the ball as hard as he can.

In that respect, i have massive sympathy. No matter how good Dembele, Parker, Sandro, Bale are if there isnt a pass on in front of them there isnt much they can do besides pass it side ways of backwards.

For the moment AVB's hands are tied. Lets see what he and Levy can do in Jan. I firmly believe a striker and a creating player and we will see a massive change but, its a big if. We need to get the right player. Who that is, im not sure. We dont know AVB's grand plan.

It may not be nice at the moment drawing at home to Stoke and watching some poor performances but Levy needs to back AVB in the market - there was no point getting rid of Redknapp if he wasnt going to.

Look, this is Harry team, weakened by the loss of Modric and VDV. We cant get too tinkled off until AVB has been backed in at least 2 transfer windows. This squad and first 11 has been assembled with playing one way, 442 hitting teams on the break with pace. We dont have the players to start changing it around massively. We have big problems up top in that Bad Ade plays when he wants and strolls around the pitch and JD just looks at the floor and hits the ball as hard as he can.

In that respect, i have massive sympathy. No matter how good Dembele, Parker, Sandro, Bale are if there isnt a pass on in front of them there isnt much they can do besides pass it side ways of backwards.

For the moment AVB's hands are tied. Lets see what he and Levy can do in Jan. I firmly believe a striker and a creating player and we will see a massive change but, its a big if. We need to get the right player. Who that is, im not sure. We dont know AVB's grand plan.

It may not be nice at the moment drawing at home to Stoke and watching some poor performances but Levy needs to back AVB in the market - there was no point getting rid of Redknapp if he wasnt going to

Agree with that, but will Levy back him?

AVB has said we probably won't buy any new players, which is worrying.

Back