• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

Although Ade did, and has done, very little in the way goalscoring -although he has missed a lot of games - he does at least do a fair bit of running off the ball, and run the channels on both sides. Defoe prefers to loiter around the box in expectation the ball will come to him. What we really need are two forwards who do the running, and one at least that can put the ball in the back of the net. Unfortunately, that is not a combination we have right now.

The last time I saw really decent movement from one of our forwards was Gudjohnsen who hardly played, and then in the Berbatov/Keane partnership.

I think we badly lack a consistent goal scorer from midfield. Apart from Bale, there is no one we could rely on to score from midfield. Dempsey have done decenly with 3 goals so far but players like Dembele, Lennon and Sigurdson should score more goals.
Fair comment, if we could get a goalscoring mid in then fine, we could skip the striker perhaps.

Hard to find them I guess, especially to be good at both aspects of mid play and scoring.

To me just get a striker in and keep it solid in mid and defence, which we're now showing signs of.

wouldn't mind seeing Ade up top in a 4411 for a couple for games - harsh on Defoe though

What has Ade done to warrant going ahead of Defoe? Defoe would score goals - Ade is very rarely in the box infact he has been playing utter brick
I think Bale would score more, I think Sig or Dempsey would also. I think it's a good time to rotate also.
We know how Ade is a much more complete player able to bring others into the game. We had a great balance last season with Ade and Rafa

I think Bale would score more, I think Sig or Dempsey would also. I think it's a good time to rotate also.
We know how Ade is a much more complete player able to bring others into the game. We had a great balance last season with Ade and Rafa

I dont buy it - last season is and was last season. This season he is not performing whereas Defoe is and was performing. Thinking is one thing but the proof and the evidence is that Defoe is and was on fire but since Ade coming back he hasnt.

Sig has had one or two good moments recently and all of a sudden he can score as many as you think he can. Nope not for me. Bale has been scoring when Defoes been playing. Ade wont score as many.

Anyways

^ Adebayor played best for us in a 4X1 last season - he has yet to play a significant number of games for us in that role this season, i think if we are to play one up top Adebayor is our best option regardless of 'form' as he hasn't really had that many games in his favored role (or otherwise) for us to have a proper indication of what his 'form' is

Back