• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-all-major-calls-right-in-north-london-derby

SCENARIO: The Austrian centre-back deflects Mesut Ozil's curling free-kick past his own goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, though replays showed that Alexis Sanchez, who did not touch the ball but was arguably involved in play, was offside from the German's cross.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision

DERMOT SAYS: I'm convinced the assistant referee has got it right. Were the players offside interfering with play? I don't think so. Laurent Koscielny is onside but Alexis Sanchez is offside. The player (Kosceinly) that impacts on the ball isn't in Wimmer's sight.

The only problem is trying to second guess what's in Wimmer's mind and what affected his decision. Did Sanchez affect that decision? Wimmer's reaction suggests that it didn't. The only player that could impact on him was Koscielny and he was in an onside position. The other two players that were offside didn't touch the play or affect Wimmer's decision.

--

I just don't get the reasoning here. Wimmer sees two players behind him closer to the goal than himself, and tries desperately to reach the ball before any of them, as they are both very likely to score if the ball reaches them. So he tries clearing the ball at all costs, hits it, but finds the net. However, if those two fudgers weren't in an offside position, he probably wouldn't have defended as desperately. I don't really understand how that's so hard to see. Scum clearly gained from having those two guys in an offside position. Should've been called.

Does anyone else get frustrated by international breaks. I don't know why but I find international football so boring.

If England were actually anything other than consistently sh*te, it might be a different story - but as it stands, I agree with you completely. (Canada as well, to be fair :p )

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-all-major-calls-right-in-north-london-derby

SCENARIO: The Austrian centre-back deflects Mesut Ozil's curling free-kick past his own goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, though replays showed that Alexis Sanchez, who did not touch the ball but was arguably involved in play, was offside from the German's cross.

DERMOT SAYS: I'm convinced the assistant referee has got it right. Were the players offside interfering with play? I don't think so. Laurent Koscielny is onside but Alexis Sanchez is offside. The player (Kosceinly) that impacts on the ball isn't in Wimmer's sight.

The only problem is trying to second guess what's in Wimmer's mind and what affected his decision. Did Sanchez affect that decision? Wimmer's reaction suggests that it didn't. The only player that could impact on him was Koscielny and he was in an onside position. The other two players that were offside didn't touch the play or affect Wimmer's decision.

--

I just don't get the reasoning here. Wimmer sees two players behind him closer to the goal than himself, and tries desperately to reach the ball before any of them, as they are both very likely to score if the ball reaches them. So he tries clearing the ball at all costs, hits it, but finds the net. However, if those two fudgeers weren't in an offside position, he probably wouldn't have defended as desperately. I don't really understand how that's so hard to see. Scum clearly gained from having those two guys in an offside position. Should've been called.

Alan Shearer clearly explained it on match of the day..3 players offside ..
and it,s given .

Where's the technology, as someone once famously said!

and it,s given .

Surely he fact that Sanchez moved forward and was clearly in the keepers line of sight makes him off... what it did with Kevin is irrelevant then

if those two fudgeers weren't in an offside position, he probably wouldn't have defended as desperately. I don't really understand how that's so hard to see. Scum clearly gained from having those two guys in an offside position. Should've been called.
Correct Daisuk

I would change the rule to say anyone in the box IS interfering, just by being in the box

and it,s given .

In Rugby league that would have gone to the video ref. Ref would award a goal on the field and its upto the 4th official to confirm or have proof it was not a goal, which I am convinced he would have....unless it was Howard Webb!

Correct Daisuk

I would change the rule to say anyone in the box IS interfering, just by being in the box

I have always thought if you are not interfering with play why are you on the field? It all gonad*s and there should be not yes he is/no he is not.

--

I just don't get the reasoning here. Wimmer sees two players behind him closer to the goal than himself, and tries desperately to reach the ball before any of them, as they are both very likely to score if the ball reaches them. So he tries clearing the ball at all costs, hits it, but finds the net. However, if those two fudgeers weren't in an offside position, he probably wouldn't have defended as desperately. I don't really understand how that's so hard to see. Scum clearly gained from having those two guys in an offside position. Should've been called.

Agreed. Baffling that barely any of the punditry has picked this up. If he is forced Into an act he would rather not have done because of players gaining an unfair advantage, how is it not interfering in play?

Shearer got quite vociferous about it on MotD, which considering he hates us was fairly surprising.

I have always thought if you are not interfering with play why are you on the field? It all cobblers and there should be not yes he is/no he is not.
Howard Webb said about a third of goals scored nowadays have someone in an offside position that is not interfering, they might have crossed the original ball or be injured or be a long way away from the ball. We don't want those goals ruled out. But if someone is near the ball or box and influencing a defender to cover that player, they are influencing the game.

Howard Webb said about a third of goals scored nowadays have someone in an offside position that is not interfering, they might have crossed the original ball or be injured or be a long way away from the ball. We don't want those goals ruled out. But if someone is near the ball or box and influencing a defender to cover that player, they are influencing the game.
And it is clear to me (despite my slight pro-Tottenham bias) that the two offside Goons were interfering with play as Wimmer knew they were behind him and would possibly get the ball if he didn't head it.

Can you imagine how Whinger would have reacted if we'd scored that goal?

Back