• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

If you're offside, you're offside for me, end of. Just stay on, ffs. It's part of, you know, being a professional footballer. Every game nowadays, virtually, there's players seeking to gain advantage, trying to interfere while "not interfering". Probably rather more often than you see people drifting offside accidentally on the periphery. Rules have to be black and white. If you're offside, you're offside. On the other hand, if you're this, I really don't know what you are. Words genuinely fail me. Blud.

If you're offside, you're offside for me, end of. Just stay on, ffs. It's part of, you know, being a professional footballer. Every game nowadays, virtually, there's players seeking to gain advantage, trying to interfere while "not interfering". Probably rather more often than you see people drifting offside accidentally on the periphery. Rules have to be black and white. If you're offside, you're offside. On the other hand, if you're this, I really don't know what you are. Words genuinely fail me. Blud.

Bluddy bluddy hell, blud. Bluddy blud know wha I bluddy mean blud. Fam, blud fam blud.Your man is a proper hamroll, uncut hamroll blud.

Ha ha! I had no idea people actually spoke like that :) That is bizarre.

100 bluds per minute fam

Epic (blud).

Really glad he isn't a Spurs supporter!!!

So blood/blud in this context means he's tight with the interviewer, or is it some gangster like reference?

Haha, someone on Youtube commenting on 4:08, "when the MDMA kicks in". :D:p

I have to say, been watching a few of those Scum TV clips (don't ask me why), and the interviewer guy comes across as a really nice chap. Not often I say that about a gooner! So many idiot fans he's interviewing though. :p

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-all-major-calls-right-in-north-london-derby

SCENARIO: The Austrian centre-back deflects Mesut Ozil's curling free-kick past his own goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, though replays showed that Alexis Sanchez, who did not touch the ball but was arguably involved in play, was offside from the German's cross.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision

DERMOT SAYS: I'm convinced the assistant referee has got it right. Were the players offside interfering with play? I don't think so. Laurent Koscielny is onside but Alexis Sanchez is offside. The player (Kosceinly) that impacts on the ball isn't in Wimmer's sight.

The only problem is trying to second guess what's in Wimmer's mind and what affected his decision. Did Sanchez affect that decision? Wimmer's reaction suggests that it didn't. The only player that could impact on him was Koscielny and he was in an onside position. The other two players that were offside didn't touch the play or affect Wimmer's decision.

--

I just don't get the reasoning here. Wimmer sees two players behind him closer to the goal than himself, and tries desperately to reach the ball before any of them, as they are both very likely to score if the ball reaches them. So he tries clearing the ball at all costs, hits it, but finds the net. However, if those two fudgeers weren't in an offside position, he probably wouldn't have defended as desperately. I don't really understand how that's so hard to see. Scum clearly gained from having those two guys in an offside position. Should've been called.
They are not offside according to how the rule is now. The decision is right, but the wording of the rule is flawed.

So if a winger storms down the flank, whips in a cross that is put away, that goal should be ruled out because the winger by the corner flag that put in the cross, is then in a offside position. That would be a good reason to find another sport to follow!

They are not offside according to how the rule is now. The decision is right, but the wording of the rule is flawed.

How weren't they interfering with play? They were clearly interfering with play as they influenced the involvement of our player who lead to said player scoring an own goal.

How weren't they interfering with play? They were clearly interfering with play as they influenced the involvement of our player who lead to said player scoring an own goal.
Read the rule fully. It's a close call, but they way rule is worded, you could argue that it was interpret the right way. My guess though, is that the assistant referee judged all to be onside. He's 40 meters away, and it's impossible for him to see how close the players are to each other or the ball. If he believed any of Kocielny or Sanchez was offside, he would/should flag regardless, and it would be up to Clattenburg to decide if they were interfering with play. I simply think the lino just got it wrong initially, and it was nothing to do with the interpretation of the law.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Bluddy bluddy hell, blud. Bluddy blud know wha I bluddy mean blud. Fam, blud fam blud.Your man is a proper hamroll, uncut hamroll blud.

To be fair to the Blud , he don't always talk like that, it's all fake talk. He does another football chat video show where he's sat on a sofa with a Spurs fan and talks pwoper English.

So if a winger storms down the flank, whips in a cross that is put away, that goal should be ruled out because the winger by the corner flag that put in the cross, is then in a offside position. That would be a good reason to find another sport to follow!

If there's a simple rule, and a player can't follow it, that's his look out. And as I'd already said, I suspect your what-if scenario would be something of a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence, compared to all the cases of deliberate advantage-seeking I'm talking about, that go unpunished under the current non-rule.

Once in a blue moon? It happens on every single cross from the by line! It just shows that a black and white rule as you lay it out, simply won't work. There has to be some exceptions.

Once in a blue moon? It happens on every single cross from the by line! It just shows that a black and white rule as you lay it out, simply won't work. There has to be some exceptions.

Everybody coped with it in the past. If people insist on maintaining shades of grey, though, I'd at least like to see the rule tightened back up for players inside the area.

Everybody coped with it in the past. If people insist on maintaining shades of grey, though, I'd at least like to see the rule tightened back up for players inside the area.
The rule has never ever been black and white. There has always been a difference between being placed in an offside position and being in a
"punishable" offside position.

The rule has never ever been black and white. There has always been a difference between being placed in an offside position and being in a
"punishable" offside position.

Well I remember when it used to be a lot more clear-cut than it is now. You can't have a game with a rule nobody understands, and that is what we appear to have at the moment.

Back