• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United OMT***

Son completed 1 pass in the first 35 minutes. He's been much better since we moved him to the right but we were playing with 10 men out there.

We are giving United too much respect. Not getting stuck in live we did against Chelsea and City.

Fair enough.

I'm not too sure why we are so open at the back? We seem to be all over the place when they attack.

We're losing possession far too easily, that's why. Zlatan's holding the ball up well and bringing his team-mates into play - they're holding it well and moving it around fluently. We're giving the ball away with alarming frequency, and Kane's been very sub-par as our Ibrahimovic equivalent (giving the ball away very cheaply for our goal).

I dunno why, but United look like the side that have stayed in their home city for the past two weeks, while we look like the team that had to trudge to Zorya Luhansk midweek.

As we dont have a 3rd forward, then any f#cker with 2 legs is an improvement on nobody. I know its tough finding decent players in the Jan window, but I would like to see some sort of option, be it Berahino or some young forward happy to play 2nd fiddle. But we cant keep going through seasons with 2 out-and-out forwards
We could probably get Frazier Campbell, but just what is that good for?

Ibrahimovic has been out of sorts all season?? Right...

I'll give you Pogba but not Zlatan.
I want a win too but that triumvirate gelling properly is, I think, the biggest potential pitfall. Hopefully Bailly has not been back long enough to fully settle in again as he's a marked improvement on Rojo.
Now, Mkhitaryan, he's coming in to form, at the wrong time for us ! Jeez, had to be such a good finish too

Fair enough.

I'm not too sure why we are so open at the back? We seem to be all over the place when they attack.
It looks to me as if Dembele is man marking Pogba, so Wanyama is having to cover the (very good) movement from everyone else.

If we're going to do that then we need to tuck the fill backs in and lose attacking impetus or be bold and have the CDs step out.

My personal preference is to not man Mark at all

We're losing possession far too easily, that's why. Zlatan's holding the ball up well and bringing his team-mates into play - they're holding it well and moving it around fluently. We're giving the ball away with alarming frequency, and Kane's been very sub-par as our Ibrahimovic equivalent (giving the ball away very cheaply for our goal).

I dunno why, but United look like the side that have stayed in their home city for the past two weeks, while we look like the team that had to trudge to Zorya Luhansk midweek.
I wonder if Mou has instilled a siege mentality with the manyoo payers now, calling us the best team in the league. We need to reverse that and just keep going, but the floated out to Rose was sussed pretty quickly and suddenly there were two players on him when he lost the ball. Mou is using counter pressing it seems, we have to be super tight and accurate on passing, because they are clearly up for it.

We could probably get Frazier Campbell, but just what is that good for?

Well, to play Devil's advocate, it would be good for getting a player who's actually scored from open play in the Premier League - hell, it would be getting a player who looks like he can at least compete in that competition. :p

It looks to me as if Dembele is man marking Pogba, so Wanyama is having to cover the (very good) movement from everyone else.

If we're going to do that then we need to tuck the fill backs in and lose attacking impetus or be bold and have the CDs step out.

My personal preference is to not man Mark at all

And to put in some crosses/cut backs. We haven't got in behind them at all in the first half

This is all wrong, it's not keeping to the narrative. United are not supposed to be playing well, they played Thursday night and spent the last two days travelling back from the remotest outreaches of Siberia.

We on the other hand had the extra day to recover.

I want my money back.

This is all wrong, it's not keeping to the narrative. United are not supposed to be playing well, they played Thursday night and spent the last two days travelling back from the remotest outreaches of Siberia.

We on the other hand had the extra day to recover.

I want my money back.

What money back? Are you at OT?

I wonder if Mou has instilled a siege mentality with the manyoo payers now, calling us the best team in the league. We need to reverse that and just keep going, but the floated out to Rose was sussed pretty quickly and suddenly there were two players on him when he lost the ball. Mou is using counter pressing it seems, we have to be super tight and accurate on passing, because they are clearly up for it.

Maybe. It's possible. But that shouldn't lead to us bring even *more* sloppy with our touches than we usually are.

Back