• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

Are many new?
They had no new attackers or defenders
They had 2 new midfielders
Everyone else they started with was there last season
They have got lucky in a lot of fixtures so far. yesterday was the exception
I don’t think they even have injuries now with TAA back
And as I’ve just heard in crazily biased BBC pod… they would have been 2-1 up if var had worked…
They, pool, always forget how things work that go against them. The foul given against Udogie that got them their actual goal was a ref error

and squad wise, if we had had say Bentacur, Gil, Johnson and Perisic on our bench yesterday it would have looked pretty damn good
I forgot that one. This is a very good counterpoint. Add that to the fact that somehow Jota dodged a yellow card just before his first yellow. There were a few flying forearms too.Liverpool conveniently forgot the decisions they get and howl about the ones they don't. As do we all to be fair but they seem adept at flooding the media with their grievances.

Last edited:
There’s some reaction today still by the Dippers. Still getting loads of texts and social media is full of it. It’s hilarious. I haven’t even looked at RAWK yet, I’ll save that for during the week.

They were screwed to be fair but three points:

1. fudge knows how the game plays out if they go 1 up.

2. Their equaliser came from a free kick that never was.

3. VAR is being criticised. VAR isn’t the problem, the officials are. And if VAR didn’t exist, the goal is ruled out by the lino anyway.

I’m really fudging loving this.

There’s some reaction today still by the Dippers. Still getting loads of texts and social media is full of it. It’s hilarious. I haven’t even looked at RAWK yet, I’ll save that for during the week.

They were screwed to be fair but three points:

1. fudge knows how the game plays out if they go 1 up.

2. Their equaliser came from a free kick that never was.

3. VAR is being criticised. VAR isn’t the problem, the officials are. And if VAR didn’t exist, the goal is ruled out by the lino anyway.

I’m really fudging loving this.

Point 1 is my pet peeve where fans just add goals on to scores and say it would have been 2-2. Doesn't work that way at all

Look at the stats, we smashed them, they got the cards because they couldn’t handle us.

We were the better team with and 11 and 10, only when they went to 8 at the back we struggled.

Also, we should have had a pen too, van dyke controlled it with a hand. Not that MotD even showed that in the highlights.

Look at the stats, we smashed them, they got the cards because they couldn’t handle us.

We were the better team with and 11 and 10, only when they went to 8 at the back we struggled.

Also, we should have had a pen too, van dyke controlled it with a hand. Not that MotD even showed that in the highlights.
I think it's quite a smart move from him.

1) Put your hand behind your back as if you're attempting to avoid handling the ball.
2) Stick your upper arm and elbow out as far as you can.
3) Play for the bindippers so that decision will never go against you.

We were the better side before they scored that goal
They can’t even acknowledge that
Christ they are saying that the reds were wrong too rather than saying their players I’ll discipline cost them

We were the better side before they scored that goal
They can’t even acknowledge that
Christ they are saying that the reds were wrong too rather than saying their players I’ll discipline cost them

I thought they were sneakily filthy all game to be honest. Cynical fouls left, right and centre. Ref booked quite a few but he left a few go including one by Jota on Bissouma early in the second half that would have meant he went anyway.

Lots seem to be focusing on Jota’s first card. Maybe they should focus on his stupidity. He knew he was on a card and threw in a very stupid tackle on Udogie.

I thought they were sneakily filthy all game to be honest. Cynical fouls left, right and centre. Ref booked quite a few but he left a few go including one by Jota on Bissouma early in the second half that would have meant he went anyway.

Lots seem to be focusing on Jota’s first card. Maybe they should focus on his stupidity. He knew he was on a card and threw in a very stupid tackle on Udogie.
His foul on 49 minutes was a clear yellow
He was dumb to get the second yellow
Scary for me was that said two things to my mate at the game
There is another red in this… and we will only score from an OG

His first card wasn't for that tackle alone (but could have been). He was warned a few minutes earlier by the ref for stopping an attack with a bookable foul.

One other thing getting on my tits a bit is “you couldn’t even score against 9 men.”

We should have done better for sure but that statement shows a lack of understanding of what happened. At 11 v 11 and 11 v 10, Liverpool played to try and win the game. Which meant the came out to hunt the ball and left space as you’d expect. You could see Ange had obviously set us up to draw the press and break it. And we looked threatening when the game was played like that.

At 11 v 9, Liverpool sat in and, to be fair to them, they defended their box heroically. It’s not easy to play against that. We should have done better and moved the ball faster but you could see that when we got near the edge of the box, they had 3-4 players ready to block the shot. I hate Liverpool but I thought they were impressive. Similar to how well we defended at Bournemouth a few seasons ago with 9 men and only lost to an injury time goal.

It wasn’t easy to break down their 9 with the way they set up. In the end we were fortunate Matip did it for us.

Jota should have been booked before his first yellow anyway

It should obviously be automated, but for some reason those in charge seem to be against technology.

You could even have players in impact measuring suits to judge foul/dive calls.
The thing is, it's already too much technology. There are still games being played in the most important place for football, grassroot football. The more tech is involved in top flight football, the more difficult it is for referees at lower level. It's already horrible and toxic, and it would get even worse. Mistakes are not tolerated at all.

The thing is, it's already too much technology. There are still games being played in the most important place for football, grassroot football. The more tech is involved in top flight football, the more difficult it is for referees at lower level. It's already horrible and toxic, and it would get even worse. Mistakes are not tolerated at all.
Get down a few tiers and games are played without linesmen, just the ref trying to guess offsides from the middle of the park

Back