• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

fudge Neville, the player wasn't intending to hurt Bissouma, the fudging law has nothing to do with intent asshat ... it's control, if you end up with your fudging pegs half way up someone's shin you aren't in control
Yep kept saying that over and over again to my mate. In fairness to Neville, he was also trying to argue Romero's handball against the gooners was not one. He hates Pool more than we do.

Tbh great game, felt we deserved to win, couldn't give two hoots about the decisions that went our way- them is the breaks just deal with it Pool. Jiota should have gone off last year for the high boot onto skipp's head so karma doesn't forget. Here's to more evening up at Anfield.

As as an aside though, this is the first time I have watched pool properly and must say defensive midfield aside, they appear to have strength in depth at the back and up front. They just need defensive midfielders and they are a definite challenger to City.

Yep kept saying that over and over again to my mate. In fairness to Neville, he was also trying to argue Romero's handball against the gooners was not one. He hates Pool more than we do.

Tbh great game, felt we deserved to win, couldn't give two hoots about the decisions that went our way- them is the breaks just deal with it Pool. Jiota should have gone off last year for the high boot onto skipp's head so karma doesn't forget. Here's to more evening up at Anfield.

As as an aside though, this is the first time I have watched pool properly and must say defensive midfield aside, they appear to have strength in depth at the back and up front. They just need defensive midfielders and they are a definite challenger to City.
Their CBs are actually weak now
The stand out is Matip
VVD has lost pace and Kounate is reckless
In fact their defence isn’t that good because they are known players I think people believe they are better than they are
Up front they still rely on salah and to me he looks slower than in the past
They will be real fake track bullies this season for sure with their attacking options

And looks like the wheels are in motion for a possible change to VAR by introducing an automated system....quel surprise now its affected Liverpool

The only way it could ever work is with invisible laser beams being projected across the full length of the pitch, more like goal line technology

Where bureaucrats are hand drawing random lines and different frames of videos are showing different things, it's just a debacle.

I'd just go back to linemen anyway. He was the only one that got it right yesterday.

Their CBs are actually weak now
The stand out is Matip
VVD has lost pace and Kounate is reckless
In fact their defence isn’t that good because they are known players I think people believe they are better than they are
Up front they still rely on salah and to me he looks slower than in the past
They will be real fake track bullies this season for sure with their attacking options
Many of their players are new...so time to settle/intergrate should be allowed. And tbh it's going well.

I can't believe how NON standout VVD is these days. Since that injury, he doesn't look the best CH at Pool let alone the PL.

The only way it could ever work is with invisible laser beams being projected across the full length of the pitch, more like goal line technology

Where bureaucrats are hand drawing random lines and different frames of videos are showing different things, it's just a debacle.

I'd just go back to linemen anyway. He was the only one that got it right yesterday.
Did you not watch the WC?

Many of their players are new...so time to settle/intergrate should be allowed. And tbh it's going well.

I can't believe how NON standout VVD is these days. Since that injury, he doesn't look the best CH at Pool let alone the PL.
Are many new?
They had no new attackers or defenders
They had 2 new midfielders
Everyone else they started with was there last season
They have got lucky in a lot of fixtures so far. yesterday was the exception
I don’t think they even have injuries now with TAA back
And as I’ve just heard in crazily biased BBC pod… they would have been 2-1 up if var had worked…
They, pool, always forget how things work that go against them. The foul given against Udogie that got them their actual goal was a ref error

and squad wise, if we had had say Bentacur, Gil, Johnson and Perisic on our bench yesterday it would have looked pretty damn good

I thought he did come back strong after his injury. This is just a separate sudden ageing decline, like happened with Verts

3D imaging essentially. The VAR official sets the moment where the ball is struck and the rest is calculated automatically.
Ok, that sounds better. There's still the manual subjectivity of the last moment of contact with the boot though, which isnt always that clear. It would be better if the ball had a being struck sensor in it too, to remove that fallibility as well

Ok, that sounds better. There's still the manual subjectivity of the last moment of contact with the boot though, which isnt always that clear. It would be better if the ball had a being struck sensor in it too, to remove that fallibility as well
That’s a big issue and would need a bit of clarifying and somehow instantly proving (at least to start with) in order to really trust the technology. Are we relying on a human to decide when the balls left the foot based on stills? That can and clearly does massively affect if someone’s on or off, if (and when) they get that wrong.

It would, but the risk of failure is probably quite high in something being kicked around all day.

Plus, if I were a ballboy I'd bounce one on the ground every time a through ball was being played, just to fudge with them.

Every system is flawed, even computer run ones, the real issue with var is that it is not a consistent flaw, it's a different flaw every week.
Hand ball in particular and the offside rule are both still not clear. Two simple rules that nobody is really that sure how it's going to be called.

I'm just catching up on all the post game coverage from last night.
Are Liverpool the only team to have ever had a wrong (admittedly very wrong) offside call?
Yes the VAR officials got it wrong, but you would think someone had been killed in the process.

The way they are acting you would think they were.

Their fans act odd over it, want it replayed FFS

It should obviously be automated, but for some reason those in charge seem to be against technology.

You could even have players in impact measuring suits to judge foul/dive calls.

The tech is there to do just about anything they want.
Set the rules, take human judgement out of it so the rules are the same for everyone every week.
That's what everyone says they want.
But the big clubs want the dubious decisions but they get the majority of them and the refs won't give up a money spinning gig.
Everything is there except the will.

Back