• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Carlisle United OMT ***

good win for the team, another clean sheet in cup competitions and three goals to add. 6 games unbeaten now going into old trafford, imagine what a hard earned draw could do to the team!

Nice win and a clean sheet as well ! It seems, our performances in Cup matches under AVB is already better than under Redknapp. We used to be utter shyte in Cup matches whenever Redknapp made massive changes. But now atleast we have done decently against Lazio and Carlisle.

Was worried about our team lineup as there were too many inexperienced players. With us playing away and Carlisle on a 5-match unbeaten run, there was always this risk of an upset. But it seems we are learning the art of winning when not playing to full potential which is good ! Encouraging to see the new players like Vertonghen and Sigurdson scoring. I think Sigurdson badly needed to score as he was struggling to settle in since joining us. Hopefully it will boost his confidence for the league matches.

Vertonghen seems to be getting better and better as the season progresses. He is not only good in defending but now has scored a goal as well. But you have to be worried over starting him in all the matches. Hopefully he won't be tired for the ManU match.

With Norwch away in the next round, I don't think we can afford to rest too many first team players for that match. Just hope a few injured players would be available by then.

Adam J Smith ‏@AdamSmith912
Good result! Glad to get my 1st start!!

Tom Carroll ‏@tom_carroll92
Great result tonight, happy to get some minutes !! big thanks to the fans that travelled #coys

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend
great win tonight against carlise! Buzzin 2 have got 90mins & to get on the scoresheet! The away fans that travelled were great as always!

We were in control, played better 2nd half than 1st. Lot of sloppiness at the back to start off with, esp Dawson (strangely enough). It ended up being a relaxed supporting performance, as opposed to us being on the edge of our seats, biting our nails. Townsend's goal was sweet, but Carlisle players should never have let him run so far. Vertonghen - utter class

By the way, i liked our white shirt-dark shorts. It is far better than the all-white we are wearing at home. Why don't we wear the dark shorts for all matches ?

Guys - for those of you who saw the game - how did we play? Is the score-line representative of the peformance?

I thought we stuttered. First half Hudd was playing far too many Hollywood passes for me, keep it simple sometimes Tom.
Townsend was very keen, always wanting the ball
Cant make my mind up with Dempsey, might be wrong but sometimes gives me the impression he doesnt want to be here, hope I am
Falque looked decent, far better than his previous apps IMO
Caulker had a few shaky moments, but overall thought him and Daws did well

Hats off to everyone that travelled, esp those from down south, immense dedication, we were only 120m down the road, but those guys must have got home at around 3am

I thought we stuttered. First half Hudd was playing far too many Hollywood passes for me, keep it simple sometimes Tom.
Cant make my mind up with Dempsey, might be wrong but sometimes gives me the impression he doesnt want to be here, hope I am

Hats off to everyone that travelled, esp those from down south, immense dedication, we were only 120m down the road, but those guys must have got home at around 3am

Thanks for the info. Just wondering, what did you make of Carroll, Ryan Mason, and Sigurdsson?

Am i being cynical by thinking the players have been 'prepped' as to what to say on twitter ?

Either way it is good to see positivity coming from them, can be a good tool to breach the player/supporter divide if used properly

Tottenham assistant boss Steffen Freund feels the club's players may already be starting to think about Wembley after their 3-0 Capital One Cup third-round victory at Carlisle.

Spurs saw off their spirited npower League One opponents at Brunton Park thanks to goals from Jan Vertonghen, Andros Townsend and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

They now face a trip to Norwich in the last 16, the draw for which was missing eight of their fellow Barclays Premier League sides - including Emirates Marketing Project and Everton - and has paired Chelsea with Manchester United.

article-2209184-15390B8E000005DC-526_468x299.jpg

Freund played in the Tottenham team that won the League Cup in 1999 and believes making the final is something that could now be on the current squad's minds.

'I know eight Premier League sides are already out, and there are only two games and then we are in the semi-final,' Freund said.

'I can remember 1999 when I won the League Cup - it is special to go to Wembley and I think the players will start to think about that now.'

The Tottenham first XI showed eight changes from their 2-1 league victory over QPR on Sunday, with the likes of Adam Smith, Yago Falque and Ryan Mason getting some first-team experience and Tom Huddlestone and Michael Dawson being given a run-out, the latter for the first time since Andre Villas-Boas was appointed Spurs boss over the summer.

Vertonghen and Sigurdsson, two summer signings, opened their accounts for the clubs with their headed goals in the 37th and 89th minutes respectively, either side of a decent solo effort in the 53rd minute from 21-year-old winger Townsend, who drove forward before shooting low.

article-2209184-1538E1FF000005DC-15_468x338.jpg

Overall, Freund thought there were plenty of positives to take from the game.

'We brought a few young players in and we believe in them all,' Freund said.

'Adam Smith was fantastic at right-back and Ryan Mason has been scoring in the development squad, so we knew he can play. Then in the centre of midfield Tom Huddlestone is back after his injury, Michael Dawson is back.

'There are young players coming through which is nice to see, and it is especially nice to know that we have someone (Townsend) behind Gareth Bale who can jump in and create something.

'Don't forget, we have several injured players and still had a fantastic, strong team on the pitch today.

'We deserved to win in the end and it was difficult for Carlisle to create chances.

'That's why I'm really happy, as is the whole of the coaching staff.'

article-2209184-15392288000005DC-993_468x307.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2209184/Tottenham-eye-Wembley--Steffen-Freund.html

Am i being cynical by thinking the players have been 'prepped' as to what to say on twitter ?

Either way it is good to see positivity coming from them, can be a good tool to breach the player/supporter divide if used properly

They most certainly have, as they should be.

Some of the more ridiculous tweets coming from players at other clubs reek of the clubs not taking responsibility and teaching young players what to say and what not to say.

They most certainly have, as they should be.

Some of the more ridiculous tweets coming from players at other clubs reek of the clubs not taking responsibility and teaching young players what to say and what not to say.

Agree with this - censorship (within limits) needs to be applied on this dangerous medium

THIS 100%

I know this is an old fashioned saying, but I really like the cut of Tom Carroll's jib, he looks so comfortable on the ball and dare I say it, some of his movement and passing is almost "modric-esque"?

It was also good to see Dawson complete 90 minutes and I am finding it really difficult not to get swept up in 'Vertonghen "Love In". He really does remind me of Ledley in his pomp; when the King played the game at his pace.

PW was spot on with his prediction, I got back at 02:45 after a really good trip down the M6/42/40/4. If we could have collected 'road miles", we could have added another 610 to the bank after yesterday!!

COYS - and now for OT on Saturday.

Having seen our goals on SSN, meh. Verts and Sig with rather scrappy efforts and the keeper should be very unhappy with himself over not saving Townsend's shot. All that matters is winning really.

Seriously, wtf are you talking about? We finally score from a set piece, Verts beats his markers and puts it straight in the back of the net and you're like "Meh, it was scrappy"? How the hell was an ABC freekick scrappy?

Townsend bends one into the corner with pace and the keeper should be upset with himself?

THEN YOU STEAL SCARA'S OMT?!!

Check yourself before you wreck yourself brother.

Seriously, wtf are you talking about? We finally score from a set piece, Verts beats his markers and puts it straight in the back of the net and you're like "Meh, it was scrappy"? How the hell was an ABC freekick scrappy?

Townsend bends one into the corner with pace and the keeper should be upset with himself?

THEN YOU STEAL SCARA'S OMT?!!

Check yourself before you wreck yourself brother.

+1

Thanks for the info. Just wondering, what did you make of Carroll, Ryan Mason, and Sigurdsson?

Not always easy to judge against Lower division oppostion, but Carroll looked good when he came on, tidy, quick effective passing. Mason i thought was average to decent, nothing spectacular.
Sigurdsson still bedding in for me, set pieces where a little better, and the goal should do him the world of good.

Oh and..(to the tune of Papa's got a brand new pigbag)..Do, do, do do, Andros Townsend, do do, do do, Andros Townsend

Loved it!

Back