• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Carlisle United OMT ***

Guys - for those of you who saw the game - how did we play? Is the score-line representative of the peformance?

I was at the game mate, everything was very controlled from start to finish. To be fair, it should have been more then 3, much more. Some wasteful moments, and hitting the crossbar didnt help.

We played well considering we made 8 or 9 changes. The fans were are bit 50/50 myself, yes everyone turned up to a small town in Scotland, and yes we sang most of the match, but when Townsend runs from his own half and bangs in a great goal, why the fudge did the fans sing the Vertonghen song right after it ? I especially liked the Jan, Jan Super Jan, Super Jan Vertonghen song. It was very original.

Is there anything you'd like to know specifically ?

I was at the game mate, everything was very controlled from start to finish. To be fair, it should have been more then 3, much more. Some wasteful moments, and hitting the crossbar didnt help.

We played well considering we made 8 or 9 changes. The fans were are bit 50/50 myself, yes everyone turned up to a small town in Scotland, and yes we sang most of the match, but when Townsend runs from his own half and bangs in a great goal, why the fudge did the fans sing the Vertonghen song right after it ? I especially liked the Jan, Jan Super Jan, Super Jan Vertonghen song. It was very original.

Can you rate the players individually please.

Did they? I thought we did the Pigbag Andros Townsend chant. Remember the SuperJan chant going up after the first goal

Thank you - great to hear

How did Huddlestone and Dawson play in particular?

I thought Dawson did okay for this first full game back, bit patchy early doors until him and Caulker got used to each other

But I thought Huddlestone was spraying too many long passes out. I counted at least in the first half that didnt find target and gifted Carlisle possession. I would have preferred much simpler passes to build possession. Better second half, but felt he started to tire towards the end

Can you rate the players individually please.

Cudicini - 7 (did well at crosses and made a couple of safe stops with no dramas)
Vert - 7.5 (The man is a Rolls Royce. Extremely assured performance, scored a goal and made some great runs)
Dawson 7 (Very good in defence, looked like he won every header and commanded area very well. The fans love him, and I liked that he blew the fans a kiss at the end of the game)
Caulker 6.5 (He did have a couple of shaky moments, couple of loose passes in dangerous area's but when he did do things right he looked pretty good)
Smith 7 - (I actually thought this lad did really well, his positioning was good and I personally never felt any weakness with him being there)
Dempsey 5.5 (I seen him on the pitch, then for about 40 mins I totally forgot he was playing, seriously! When I took time to look at him, he looked a little lost and unfit, looked like he doesnt really know what role he is playing - how he didnt score when he only had a defender to beat that was standing on the line is anyones guess)
Hudd 6 (What has happened to hudd's passing ? It's went from one of the best in the league, to being pretty poor, his passing last night was going straight to the opposition quite a bit - looks like he has lost his mojo. Did much better when he wasnt trying the hollywood passes)
Sig - 7 (I think I watched him more than anyone. He tried really hard to get involved and he did make some lovely passes for Townsend to run on to. He was always looking for the ball and evevtually got his reward with a goal, he looked unfit to me too at times, maybe its just the way he plays?)
Falque 7 (At times I thought to myself, we have a player here. Then at other times he would drift out of the game. He made some sweet passes Hudd would be jealous of, and a shot that was flying in their keeper did well to save. I like him, I like him a lot)
Townsend 8 (He was my MOTM. Looked dangerous all night, some brilliant runs and scored a peach of a goal. Their defence didnt have a clue how to play him. His off the ball movement was superb, Sigurdson noticed it very early in the game and he tried to find him and did with some great balls, it was clever of Sig. I guess thats how understandings are formed.)
Mason 6 (He did ok, no dramas, and I 'think' it was him that hit the crossbar ?)

Walker came on for Vertonghen and did really well and set up sigs goal (6.5) His class above L1 opposition was like night and day. Carroll I worry about. He comes on, and does a few Jenas sideways passes and absolutely nothing else. What does he do ? (6) and Obika, well, he came on at least (5)

The fans 10 for turning up, 5 for our songs and when they were sang. Some funny moments though 'You're just a small town in Scotland' went down well - and from what I saw, nearly every supporter turned to each other with a shrug when Danny Caramacbar was given the MOTM award lol. Baffling, they watched a different game from us.

Think thats it.

Did they? I thought we did the Pigbag Andros Townsend chant. Remember the SuperJan chant going up after the first goal

Yeah mate, right after he scored his goal it was a Vertonghen song. We did do the townseng song, but it wasnt after his goal.

Cudicini - 7 (did well at crosses and made a couple of safe stops with no dramas)
Vert - 7.5 (The man is a Rolls Royce. Extremely assured performance, scored a goal and made some great runs)
Dawson 7 (Very good in defence, looked like he won every header and commanded area very well. The fans love him, and I liked that he blew the fans a kiss at the end of the game)
Caulker 6.5 (He did have a couple of shaky moments, couple of loose passes in dangerous area's but when he did do things right he looked pretty good)
Smith 7 - (I actually thought this lad did really well, his positioning was good and I personally never felt any weakness with him being there)
Dempsey 5.5 (I seen him on the pitch, then for about 40 mins I totally forgot he was playing, seriously! When I took time to look at him, he looked a little lost and unfit, looked like he doesnt really know what role he is playing - how he didnt score when he only had a defender to beat that was standing on the line is anyones guess)
Hudd 6 (What has happened to hudd's passing ? It's went from one of the best in the league, to being pretty poor, his passing last night was going straight to the opposition quite a bit - looks like he has lost his mojo. Did much better when he wasnt trying the hollywood passes)
Sig - 7 (I think I watched him more than anyone. He tried really hard to get involved and he did make some lovely passes for Townsend to run on to. He was always looking for the ball and evevtually got his reward with a goal, he looked unfit to me too at times, maybe its just the way he plays?)
Falque 7 (At times I thought to myself, we have a player here. Then at other times he would drift out of the game. He made some sweet passes Hudd would be jealous of, and a shot that was flying in their keeper did well to save. I like him, I like him a lot)
Townsend 8 (He was my MOTM. Looked dangerous all night, some brilliant runs and scored a peach of a goal. Their defence didnt have a clue how to play him. His off the ball movement was superb, Sigurdson noticed it very early in the game and he tried to find him and did with some great balls, it was clever of Sig. I guess thats how understandings are formed.)
Mason 6 (He did ok, no dramas, and I 'think' it was him that hit the crossbar ?)

Walker came on for Vertonghen and did really well and set up sigs goal (6.5) His class above L1 opposition was like night and day. Carroll I worry about. He comes on, and does a few Jenas sideways passes and absolutely nothing else. What does he do ? (6) and Obika, well, he came on at least (5)

The fans 10 for turning up, 5 for our songs and when they were sang. Some funny moments though 'You're just a small town in Scotland' went down well - and from what I saw, nearly every supporter turned to each other with a shrug when Danny Caramacbar was given the MOTM award lol. Baffling, they watched a different game from us.

Think thats it.

Cheers for that.

Think thats it.

Spot on. You sometimes read ratings after games and think we werent all watching the same game. But cant disagree with anything there, and I'm glad it wasnt just me with the observations on Hudds passing and Dempsey's involvement. Plus there is something about Falque, would def like to see him feature in a few more games. The 2 EL Home games maybe

Didn't see the game last night but glad to hear Falque did well.

I didn't think he was as terrible as many said in the EL games, there's definitely something there and it's a shame he wasn't able to break in to the Southampton squad, I wasn't too sure about the loan move and thought there may be other places he could be going that would get him more game time, a manager chasing promotion isn't going to want to unsettle loyal players who have been doing well for a young premier league player...

I know this is an old fashioned saying, but I really like the cut of Tom Carroll's jib, he looks so comfortable on the ball and dare I say it, some of his movement and passing is almost "modric-esque"?

You'll remember that I actually hoped that AVB would have him in the squad regularly as I felt this would be his 'Livermore stepping stone season' to being a fulcrum player next season. he is absolutely the style of player we are missing right now. I think he could become better than Luka but absolutely trust the way Freund and AVB feel he needs to be brought through...a quality, quality player for sure.

I thought Dawson did okay for this first full game back, bit patchy early doors until him and Caulker got used to each other

But I thought Huddlestone was spraying too many long passes out. I counted at least in the first half that didnt find target and gifted Carlisle possession. I would have preferred much simpler passes to build possession. Better second half, but felt he started to tire towards the end

It's one of the things I think we get with Tom, and I suspect it's one of the reasons AVB hasn't got him in the first 11 plans. If he could moderate himself it would help...

You'll remember that I actually hoped that AVB would have him in the squad regularly as I felt this would be his 'Livermore stepping stone season' to being a fulcrum player next season. he is absolutely the style of player we are missing right now. I think he could become better than Luka but absolutely trust the way Freund and AVB feel he needs to be brought through...a quality, quality player for sure.

You're both watching the same player, Tom Carroll, right ?

A3vfmJcCcAAEyjz.jpg

:lol:

Thank you - great to hear

How did Huddlestone and Dawson play in particular?

Dawson played very well and thought he was my MOM, as for Hudd he was the same as he always is, plenty of promise but not real threat. The player who impressed me most was Townsend and i hope he gets more chances under AVB.

Interesting thoughts on Falque, Wriggly.

I always thought there was something about him and was quite impressed from what i saw of him in some Europa League games last year.

Back