• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brentford OMT***

Not sure re the Mourinho observation, Brentford is exactly that, along ball team with time wasting/diving tactics, hitting to fast wide players, choosing at times to sit with 9-11 men behind the ball (and it reminded me how fudging awful it is to watch). Of course, typically Mourinho teams had better players, so there is that.

My comment on the back line would be with VDV and Udogie we have added a lot of covering pace, critical in this system. Vicario does come out as well (something Lloris stopped doing a long time ago and Forster never does)

Bissouma is a little better than you give him credit for (your description is closer to Skipp imo), but I would agree, he and Skipp don't seem a great fit. We all obviously want that midfield of Bissouma, Bentancur & Maddison.

Front line needs to learn a little chemistry, I would have liked to see Solomon late in the game. Think our legs went in the end (not surprising with small preseason and new players)

When Kane and Son were firing on all cylinders, we absolutely destroyed a couple of teams who played like we did yesterday but it doesn't really matter anyway. It was nothing but musings.

I acknowledge your opinion on Bissouma is likely more relevant than mine. As I said, some players just don't appeal to you for some reason and there's little they can do to win you over. I hope he proves me wrong over the course of the season, of course.

Regarding the forward line, I would have liked to see Son swapping positions with Richarlison and Kulusevski, occasionally. When you push the opposition back, you also need some variety in your attacking play - something Brazil have been doing fairly well with Richarlison. Son's not a traditional winger and Richarlison doesn't strike me as a typical poacher so it might have provided a different challenge for Brentford's defenders.

All in all, considering the decisions made by the referees, what happened over the past few days, the loss of our most influential player, the fact that the manager has been here for a very short time and the supposed quality of the opposition, there's very little to complain about. At least, we can look forward to the next game, which is a nice change from last season.

Last edited:
It's definitely a work in progress, and we will get games where things just don't work, like today with the front 3.

Kulusevski definitely was looking to cut in and shoot, but all that happened was he came in to a crowded area and couldn't get a shot off.

Needed to hit a few from further back to draw them out.

Udogie just looks class. Well worth the wait, and was good to see Bissouma break the lines 2nd half, felt like we had Dembele back.

Sanchez had a couple of good recovery challenges, but I still feel uneasy every time he has the ball, or it's going his way.
Kulu trying to cut in and shoot needs to be a team thing not just him finding his own way.

Arsenal does this well by getting shooters lined up outside the box while the rest distract and tease the defence out. Its a drill, you see them repeating this mechanically in wbety game.

Son and Kane are perfect so hopefully Ange will introduce more attacking variations over time and a more familiar squad.

Back