• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brentford OMT***

Lemonade Money

Steffen Freund
SUN 13 AUG 2023
PREMIER LEAGUE
Brentford 14:00 Tottenham
Venue: Gtech Community Stadium

TEAM NEWS
Summer signing Mark Flekken is set to make his Brentford debut, with last season's first-choice goalkeeper David Raya close to joining Arsenal.

Defender Nathan Collins, who arrived from Wolves for a club-record fee, may also play his first game for the Bees.

Bryan Mbeumo is fit despite being withdrawn in the first half of last weekend's friendly against Lille.

Frank Onyeka was also taken off in that game and will be monitored, while Ivan Toney remains banned until 2024.

With Harry Kane nearing a move to Bayern Munich, Tottenham may hand Richarlison a starting role at the Gtech Community Stadium.

James Maddison, Micky van de Ven and Guglielmo Vicario await their debuts but Rodrigo Bentancur and Ryan Sessegnon are long-term absentees.

COYS!

Summers gone by pretty quickly, helpful having the U21 Euros and also the ladies WC. And also it's not like anyone missed watching Spurs play given the way we finished.....

If there's a game for Richy to come in with a statement performance, this is it.

Mbuemo is a bit of a handful iirc, not exactly the type of player Davies would excell at handling but does seem too soon for VDV mk 11

-------------------------Vicario
Royal--------Romero---------Davies------Udogie
------------------------Skipp
--------Bissouma----------------Maddison
Kulu--------------------------------------Son
-------------------Richarlison

Austin, Sanchez, van de Ven, Sarr, Porro, Solomon, Veliz

I can't say I am exactly looking forward to tomorrow. I am nervous. Kane was such a talisman and leader. How we'll adapt and play is such an unknown. With Kane in the side, no matter how we played we had a chance of winning. That insurance if you like is gone now. But we have been here before with Bale. The guy could turn a game himself. And yet I do believe it is what we need. We have to rely on the team. Everything we know about football is that its a team game and the unity of the team, not the individual is what wins long term.

It will also be a fascining contrast of styles. Us trying to play through them, them trying to pay percentages and win set pieces. We don't have a great record there. It is a tough tough fixture.

I feel we have to put faith in VDV. Few managers would as long term success for your new young CB is more important than one game. But if we are to win, I think we need VDV. Davies doesn't have the pace or physicality. There is an arguement for Sanchez after his stellar performance against Barca. But I would opt for VDV.

Similar is Postecoglou's decision on the front 3. For this game, Son through the middle and Perisic makes sense as Richarlison hasn't been fully fit and doesn't seem 100% ready whereas Perisic does. But what does that say to Richarlison? He is Kane's replacment, surely Ange has to back him. If he scores it could set him up for the season. Yet there is too much pressure on Richarlison. He needs to just play his game. Maybe from the bench.

Royal Romero Van De Ven Udoggie
Bissouma
Skipp Madison
Kulu Son Perisic
That is our best team imo, especially with 6 at the back :) Fully expect Richarlison to play with Son out wide. But I wouldn't be suprised to see Richarlison and Son rotate.

The most exciting thing is to see us pass the ball well. We did make progress on our passing under Conte. Looked better than we have (for possibly decades) under Conte with better passing accuracy and tempo. But we still weren't anything special. Finally we have a cliche 'pass and move' manger, and I'm thrilled. Though Brentford will give us a tough physical game, I'm relishing us passing around their big players.

I can't say I am exactly looking forward to tomorrow. I am nervous. Kane was such a talisman and leader. How we'll adapt and play is such an unknown. With Kane in the side, no matter how we played we had a chance of winning. That insurance if you like is gone now. But we have been here before with Bale. The guy could turn a game himself. And yet I do believe it is what we need. We have to rely on the team. Everything we know about football is that its a team game and the unity of the team, not the individual is what wins long term.

It will also be a fascining contrast of styles. Us trying to play through them, them trying to pay percentages and win set pieces. We don't have a great record there. It is a tough tough fixture.

I feel we have to put faith in VDV. Few managers would as long term success for your new young CB is more important than one game. But if we are to win, I think we need VDV. Davies doesn't have the pace or physicality. There is an arguement for Sanchez after his stellar performance against Barca. But I would opt for VDV.

Similar is Postecoglou's decision on the front 3. For this game, Son through the middle and Perisic makes sense as Richarlison hasn't been fully fit and doesn't seem 100% ready whereas Perisic does. But what does that say to Richarlison? He is Kane's replacment, surely Ange has to back him. If he scores it could set him up for the season. Yet there is too much pressure on Richarlison. He needs to just play his game. Maybe from the bench.

Royal Romero Van De Ven Udoggie
Bissouma
Skipp Madison
Kulu Son Perisic
That is our best team imo, especially with 6 at the back :) Fully expect Richarlison to play with Son out wide. But I wouldn't be suprised to see Richarlison and Son rotate.

The most exciting thing is to see us pass the ball well. We did make progress on our passing under Conte. Looked better than we have (for possibly decades) under Conte with better passing accuracy and tempo. But we still weren't anything special. Finally we have a cliche 'pass and move' manger, and I'm thrilled. Though Brentford will give us a tough physical game, I'm relishing us passing around their big players.
Did you see the barcelona friendly? Nice and composed quick passing there, they were pressing us hard and up high. Just need the defense to sort itself out, everyone will need to work hard on that.

Did not watch much pre season and have generally been pretty apathetic about the club since March or April. Throw Kane going into the mix and I’m…

Actually pumped for this one. Dunno why but I’m enthusiastic again and looking forward to watching entertaining football. I’m certain this will be a rollercoaster under Ange but I’ve got my ticket for the ride. I’ll go…

Vicario
Royal
Udogie
Romero
VdV
Bissouma
GLC
Maddison
Son
Kulu
Richarlison

3-0 to us. COYS.

Did not watch much pre season and have generally been pretty apathetic about the club since March or April. Throw Kane going into the mix and I’m…

Actually pumped for this one. Dunno why but I’m enthusiastic again and looking forward to watching entertaining football. I’m certain this will be a rollercoaster under Ange but I’ve got my ticket for the ride. I’ll go…

Vicario
Royal
Udogie
Romero
VdV
Bissouma
GLC
Maddison
Son
Kulu
Richarlison

3-0 to us. COYS.

Pretty much my take too. Looking forward to a new beginning here now the will he won’t he has been removed. Concentrate on the game

I'm looking forward to today and am cautiously optimistic of a good result & performance.

Prepared for disappointment

I'm looking forward to day and am cautiously optimistic of a good result & performance.

Prepared for disappointment

That’s the way that I’m feeling today too. I’ve not watched any of my full performances yet as I don’t have the Spurs TV thing. So it will be good to see how we perform for 90 minutes. Ive watched the highlights so have some idea.

I think this could be a promising era and selling Kane is not the end.

Vicario
Royal
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr
Maddison
Kulusevski
Richarlison
Son

2-2 but a very promising performance.

Didn't know we've had 10 VDV's before.
Maybe you're thinking of those highlight DVD's?

Mark ll is very possibly a better way to write that, cheers!

If no one's got there already we could also just state that we are now men with ven, I always love a superhans reference. Still a very intriguing one as to whether he starts today, I'd probably have him at LB ahead of all our other options, still an odd position for us...

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, i think pace in defence obviously seems like it will be a valuable attribute given the way we play and given VdVII offers a lot more than Davies in that regard it could be seen as important enough to be dropped straight in.

Last edited:
Did you see the barcelona friendly? Nice and composed quick passing there, they were pressing us hard and up high. Just need the defense to sort itself out, everyone will need to work hard on that.
I did. Brentford will be more physical and arguably harder. I can’t wait for the game

Back