• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

People need to take burn-out more seriously. Remember spring 2012.

Kane, Verts and Alder are on course to play nearly 70 games at this rate (including internationals)

Utilising Wimmer's physicality against a Pullis side could actually be an advantage compared with using the relatively small Alder and Verts.

They wont play 70 games. 38 league (assuming no suspensions and Verts is almost due one), plus say 10-12 Europa, and a handful in the FA Cup. So mid 50s for us plus 6-8 internationals. This is assuming they play every FA Cup game (which I doubt) and they dont get any suspensions

The issues are Kane and Dier, but the solution isnt to rest them for the league, its to rest them in the EL and FA Cup (and obviously try to sign a CF in Jan)

They wont play 70 games. 38 league (assuming no suspensions and Verts is almost due one), plus say 10-12 Europa, and a handful in the FA Cup. So mid 50s for us plus 6-8 internationals. This is assuming they play every FA Cup game (which I doubt) and they dont get any suspensions

The issues are Kane and Dier, but the solution isnt to rest them for the league, its to rest them in the EL and FA Cup (and obviously try to sign a CF in Jan)
You are forgetting friendlies/training matches pre and post season, so 70 is a realistic number.

A Pulis tam wlll pull out out all the stops to be aggressive overtly, covertly sneaky and look to bombard us with crosses and long-balls.
We'll need the sneaky to take part and those amongst the team who can take it and dish it - but stay (relatively) composed.

Brom just beat L'Arse so they will feel well up for gibing us a beating too and ending our unbeaten run (much like Pulis did so 4 years ago in THAT game when we were well and truly Foyed!:mad:)

Luckily we've got Jon Moss this time. :oops::eek:

Burn out needs to be taken seriously. But I think you're focusing on the wrong players.

Centre backs generally manage more games than most other outfield players. Less running, fewer high intensity sprints... Sure the physical duels can take a lot out of a player, but I still think it's less demanding than some other outfield positions.

Kane is our attacking superstar, and we don't have a direct replacement for him. He needs to be managed, but I also think we just need to adapt to him playing as much as possible. At the very least away to WBA is not the time to rest him imo.

If you were talking about some of our midfielders I think it would make sense. Or when Poch left out both our full backs away to Qarabag.

Our midfielders (like FBs) have been rotated quite well. Bentaleb's imminent return should help too (though Mason's new injury is a blow).

A lot more internationals this year - the usual 8 + the Euros (and 2-3 warm up matches). As Son, Lamela, Njie and Bentaleb (and Fazio) are the only non-Europeans in our squad, that affects most of our players.

Though I suppose with Holland missing out, Verts and Alder at least won't be involved

A lot more internationals this year - the usual 8 + the Euros (and 2-3 warm up matches). As Son, Lamela, Njie and Bentaleb (and Fazio) are the only non-Europeans in our squad, that affects most of our players.

Though I suppose with Holland missing out, Verts and Alder at least won't be involved

The Euros and the warm-up games wont tire our players out for this league season will it?

I'm being greedy, but after the draw against Chelsea I'm looking for 3 points here to keep up with the pack.

2-1 Kane with both, with two assists from a Badger.

COYS

I'm being greedy, but after the draw against Chel53a I'm looking for 3 points here to keep up with the pack.

2-1 Kane with both, with two assists from a Badger.

COYS

Definitely will not be an easy game, nothing like last season, WBA are a better team than that one these days.

It's an old addage, but to be serious challengers we need to win away at grounds like these (I know Arsenal didn't). Tbh in the last few seasons, after a poor run previously, it has been a decent venue for us. 3 wins and a draw in the last 4 I think. Really need to make it 4 wins in 5, even moreso as
Arsenal,United and Chelsea have pretty staightforward home matches, while City,Leciester and Liverpool have winnable awaydays.

Anything less than a win and I can see us losing ground on at least 4 rivals

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has been speaking ahead of Saturday's trip to West Brom and midfielder Ryan Mason will not be available, but Dele Alli will be back after a ban.

Pochettino said: "Ryan Mason is out - he got an ankle injury. We hope it’s not a big issue and won't take a lot of time."

---------lloris
walker-----toby---vert----rose
--------dier-----dembele
--lamela----alli-------son
-----------kane

give eriksen a rest, just because i fancy seeing the above lineup.

Yeah, I like that.

We will need to find times to rotate - even if it's one player at a time like this.

I'd rotate a couple for this one:

---------------Lloris
Walker---Wimmer---Verts---Rose
------------Alli-----Dier
Lamela-----Eriksen-----Dembele
---------------Son
Why do people put Alli in the middle and Dembele in the 3? Won't happen. Dier Dembele, Alli behind kane. DO people watch us play?!

And Wimmer? Son up front? You really are the most mental person on these forums :)

Although normally I'd play Lamela, Son, Eriksen behind Kane, this week i think Alli instead of Son; and bring on Son to run at them for the final 20-30 mins

Back