• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

@Raziel good question.

You get the feeling Son could score more for us. He should have scored against Chelsea. He made the right runs, the second chance on Sunday was a lovely give and go. Just lacked composure to tuck the ball into the corner of the goal. That should come. So Son for me as he is a greater goal threat. But Lamela might replace Alli, who is still developing. And you could make a case for Eriksen benefiting from some rotation. Its great to have 4 players for the 3 slots all pushing hard.

Last edited:
Our December fixtures are our easiest run of the season. We should use it as opportunity to rest Kane, Alder and Verts in particular, so they don't get burnt out and buckle in the spring.

Haven't we got Southampton (a) and Everton (a) over the xmas/new year period? Both are damn tricky matches.

A Pulis tam wlll pull out out all the stops to be aggressive overtly, covertly sneaky and look to bombard us with crosses and long-balls.
We'll need the sneaky to take part and those amongst the team who can take it and dish it - but stay (relatively) composed.

Brom just beat L'Arse so they will feel well up for gibing us a beating too and ending our unbeaten run (much like Pulis did so 4 years ago in THAT game when we were well and truly Foyed!:mad:)

So bearing that in mind for me it has to be:

Lloris

Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose

Dier, Alli

Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen

Kane

I have left Son out as Lamela is always up for the Physical battle; yes he may get a yellow, but i'd rather take that risk at the start than someone else (like Son) who may be more less likely to stand up to it and perhaps wilt a bit as the match wars on. I want Brom to know their ina battle first and foremost. If Bentaleb was available i'd be tempted to play him instead of Alli at the start, as i think Pulis will tell his Oiks to target him for an early wind-up. However, it'd be too early for Bentaleb to come into what will likely be a big physical battle - and it's not like Alli can't handle himself already (plus he stands at 6'2" and we'll likely need his height).

I think we might sneak it 3-2: Eriksen, Kane and Dier for us; Rondon and Berahino for them.

COYS

Where's GB to tell us we need to rest players for that all important dead rubber Europa League game on Thursday against a Monaco side who aren't as strong as last season?

EDIT: right on cue he's already done it.

I'd rotate a couple for this one:

---------------Lloris
Walker---Wimmer---Verts---Rose
------------Alli-----Dier
Lamela-----Eriksen-----Dembele
---------------Son

Are you actually on a windup GB? Why stop there, let's just rest Kane, Eriksen etc for all league games? After all, we've got an important Europa League knockout game in 2 months that we need to prepare for.

To me, we all know the lineup Poch will go for.

The only variable is Son or Lamela.

So who would you choose and why?

I'd go for Lamela on the basis that I think Pulis will target Son for some special attention. I also think Son would be more dangerous off the bench than Lamela. It is a marginal call though, so will be happy with either.

The only change from the normal set up is that I would put Dembele alongside Dier and move Alli further up. I think this will make us more solid in the centre of the park.

This was our best away performance last season when they were on a big high having gone a number of games undefeated underbOulis and we spanked them with a top drawer performance

I would go for Lamela over Son...we need grafters away from home....when up against it....

and someone please pass on whatever GB is smoking....

I would love it if we ruin em.....but no doubt tight game.....Berahino comes on......Peace is Lord commander of the universe while we try and wipe the egg off our face......

Poch needs to, and will, send out his strongest side for this one. He knows full-well that despite 'looking like an easy run on paper', these are the games you have to win if you want it. And he needs to make sure his current side are up for it.

I would like to see both the creativity and passing tempo of Lamela and the directness and running in behind from Son... But at the same time Dembele is making himself undroppable at the moment and Alli has done really well too. If I had to choose it would be Son, Eriksen and Lamela behind Kane with Dembele and Dier deep in midfield and Alli on the bench for once. I don't think it would hurt Alli to be taken out of the spotlight for a bit and he'll get plenty of games this month anyway. But I can certainly see reasons for either Son or Lamela being benched instead. Either way we'll have at least one real quality attacking player on the bench, a great bonus.

Utter garbage

I don't think it is. It's close to the "winter break" argument that pops up now and then, particularly when so many PL players are looking burnt out before international tournaments - but perhaps also towards the end of the normal PL season.

It's not about immediate tiredness, we've had a week off. To me it's about perhaps saying to a player or two that we have no midweek game this week. We can rest you against Monaco next week. By leaving you on the bench against WBA we can give you two weeks away from the action between the Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games. Get to the training ground and do some top notch fitness work during those two weeks. I think the player could be better for it down the line.

If we actually have the quality in our squad to do that with Kane against WBA, I doubt it. I also rather doubt if it's necessary for our centre backs - not typically the players that run the furthest. And that's also a position where resting one could see us drop in quality much more than we can afford right now. But if Pochettino was to take that approach with Alli, Dier, Eriksen or Lamela for example I think it could be a rather sensible move. Perhaps even Dembele who although he hasn't played that many games this season has reported ongoing fitness issues that might be helped by getting almost two weeks away from playing.

Not saying it will happen. Not saying it should happen. But I don't think it's a ridiculous idea.

Gutter boy been at the Jamaican Old Holborn again.

Yes,let's rest Alderweireld and Kane,our best defender and a player who is banging in goals for an away game after having a weeks rest.

Strongest team possible. 1-3

People need to take burn-out more seriously. Remember spring 2012.

Kane, Verts and Alder are on course to play nearly 70 games at this rate (including internationals)

Utilising Wimmer's physicality against a Pullis side could actually be an advantage compared with using the relatively small Alder and Verts.

have not seen enough of wimmer to make that call gb what have you seen of him to suggest that we can chance it unnecessarily

People need to take burn-out more seriously. Remember spring 2012.

Kane, Verts and Alder are on course to play nearly 70 games at this rate (including internationals)

Utilising Wimmer's physicality against a Pullis side could actually be an advantage compared with using the relatively small Alder and Verts.

Burn out needs to be taken seriously. But I think you're focusing on the wrong players.

Centre backs generally manage more games than most other outfield players. Less running, fewer high intensity sprints... Sure the physical duels can take a lot out of a player, but I still think it's less demanding than some other outfield positions.

Kane is our attacking superstar, and we don't have a direct replacement for him. He needs to be managed, but I also think we just need to adapt to him playing as much as possible. At the very least away to WBA is not the time to rest him imo.

If you were talking about some of our midfielders I think it would make sense. Or when Poch left out both our full backs away to Qarabag.

Back