• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

So We are Tottenham was slagging off the fans who actually went all the way to the midlands to support the team as worst fans in the world, for singing a song he didn't know they actually sung, and turns out the didn't even sing.... Mate, YOU are whats wrong with modern football fans!!

Saying this, the song I fudgeING HATE, DETEST, MAMES MY SKIN CRAWL, EMBARRASSED FOR US AS FANS.... is that "kick is in head in song". It really really makes me feel ill when we sing it. Why do we song this horrible, vile song?!?!!

As mentioned before, this is the sort of song i personally don't like along with 'hey Sol Campbell'. Would much prefer to sing songs for a full 90mins about how we love our own team.
Also, some of our fans were singing 'You're sh#t at 1-0' literally seconds after we went ahead. You just knew that was coming back to bite us

I suppose that was better than singing that against Chelsea at 0-0 but it's the sort of arrogance you expect from Chelsea and Arsenal not us.

So We are Tottenham was slagging off the fans who actually went all the way to the midlands to support the team as worst fans in the world, for singing a song he didn't know they actually sung, and turns out the didn't even sing.... Mate, YOU are whats wrong with modern football fans!!

Saying this, the song I fudgeING HATE, DETEST, MAMES MY SKIN CRAWL, EMBARRASSED FOR US AS FANS.... is that "kick is in head in song". It really really makes me feel ill when we sing it. Why do we song this horrible, vile song?!?!!

anyone who goes to the midlands out of choice is an idiot

Since you have had a go at me directly..
I Don,t give a damn.
On something..? Maybe
Are you telling me the fans helped the team by calling WBA s h it?
Enough said....CoySpurs......

It's football.
Do you ever travel to away games?
Have you?
Our away support is wonderful, one of the best in the country, and the few times a season I manage to get back home and get to an away game are my favorite days of the season.
There are songs I will not sing (Campbell, kick his head in, etc), but plenty I will.
I think West Brom ARE s h i t and I think the way they 'played' was a fudging disgrace, turds-with-egs, anti-football. I would've been right there, as much out of frustration (would not have been singing it at 1-0 up but would've been screaming it during the second-half)!!!!
Again, great away support every fortnight.

General comment, I lament the fact that their unpunished dark ages football is getting any thrift here at all. That was NOT an admirable performance in any way unless you believe footballs should still be made of thick water-logged leather and boots should still look like mining cloggers. Pulls is a fuc k ing c u n t!

Last edited:
It's football.
Do you ever travel to away games?
Have you?
Our away support is wonderful, one of the best in the country, and the few times a season I manage to get back home and get to an away game are my favorite days of the season.
There are songs I will not sing (Campbell, kick his head in, etc), but plenty I will.
I think West Brom ARE s h i t and I think the way they 'played' was a fudging disgrace, turds-with-egs, anti-football. I would've been right there, as much out of frustration (would not have been singing it at 1-0 up but would've been screaming it during the second-half)!!!!
Again, great away support every fortnight.

General comment, I lament the fact that their unpunished dark ages football is getting any thrift here at all. That was NOT an admirable performance in any way unless you believe footballs should still be made of thick water-logged leather and boots should still look like mining cloggers. Pulls is a fuc k ing c u n t!

If they played with 2 wingers they would wear the no.11 and 14 shirts....catch my drift

Draws will not even get us into the top 4 ...points we desperately need at this stage of the season..oh I forgot its a marathon innit..:D ....oh yeah......................:rolleyes:
It sounds like some of the players were not at their best to-day.
I did not see the game!
The ref was a bit of a Wanger then...
what do we expect though...? a class referee in this country. :D
It just stinks....money being placed somewhere.
China..or maybe Russia.

goodbye....title chances...

Funny isn't it. One week were at the start of a new dawn,
then wer'e back to square one ..lol
perhaps I am overreacting ....but I'm so disappointed..a new dawn! fiddlesticks.
Oh BTW...those fans who chanted your brick to WBA.at the start of the game!
worst fans in the country..and complete utter idiots.
Dont follow us again. You must have done the Spurs players a great favour..by putting the backs of WBA fans up and their Team.LOL..WELL DONE!

I want proper fans supporting my club...not a bunch of idiots!

What a load of gonad*s that post is, have you actually ever got out of your armchair and travelled to a game? Sounds to me like you never have. Does you mum not let you go?

Anyway back to the game, it was our worst performance of the season and no player was really on their game. I noticed that a lot of fans have had a go at Jan and Toby for not dominating the high ball but the wind made it difficult to judge the fall. It was a typical Pullis set up knock the ball long and high and bully the opposing team.

As mentioned before, this is the sort of song i personally don't like along with 'hey Sol Campbell'. Would much prefer to sing songs for a full 90mins about how we love our own team.
Also, some of our fans were singing 'You're sh#t at 1-0' literally seconds after we went ahead. You just knew that was coming back to bite us

This. I said straight away it would come back to bite us. It was understandable againt West Ham given the rivalry but even then the chant went on for far to long. Against West Brom it was without evidence, arrogant, needless and embarasing.

What a load of cobblers that post is, have you actually ever got out of your armchair and travelled to a game? Sounds to me like you never have. Does you mum not let you go?

Hahaha, yes. Was back for Leicester and will be at Norwich in Feb plus whatever is in April. Love my away days, old mates, journeys, rituals, day-out and...singing!!!!!

This. I said straight away it would come back to bite us. It was understandable againt West Ham given the rivalry but even then the chant went on for far to long. Against West Brom it was without evidence, arrogant, needless and embarasing.

Oh come on Craig, good grief, what on earth has happened in the world? Is this the same as calling those ridiculing Labour MPs who voted against bombing 'bullies'? I have been to every away ground in the top flight and a fair few in the lower leagues given my age (when those clubs were in the top tier) and many's the time 'you're brick and you know you are' has been sung. If people really think it 'came back to bite us' I would suggest that they reconsider the ever-so-slight influence John Moss and his links might've had!!!! I 'think' we might conclude they had 'sightly' more impact than a few minutes of cheeky singing. I am by no mean draconian (again, I have told people to STFU re: Campbell songs, Ade songs and a couple of other stupid ones) but there has to be a sense of humor and cheek in football, otherwise why bother going?

Oh man, is this belly aching because we sang you're sh1t and you know you are?!? Is it the same people who never want us to sing "spurs are on their way to wembley" because it's tempting fate? And funnily enough we are not "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen"!

It's just a song FFS !! You're a fan at the ground, it's your duty to be on the wind up! My GHod!

Oh come on Craig, good grief, what on earth has happened in the world? Is this the same as calling those ridiculing Labour MPs who voted against bombing 'bullies'? I have been to every away ground in the top flight and a fair few in the lower leagues given my age (when those clubs were in the top tier) and many's the time 'you're brick and you know you are' has been sung. If people really think it 'came back to bite us' I would suggest that they reconsider the ever-so-slight influence John Moss and his links might've had!!!! I 'think' we might conclude they had 'sightly' more impact than a few minutes of cheeky singing. I am by no mean draconian (again, I have told people to STFU re: Campbell songs, Ade songs and a couple of other stupid ones) but there has to be a sense of humor and cheek in football, otherwise why bother going?

There defiantly has to be a sense of humour and football crowds have always had that. But when you're doing it against a weaker side for an extended amount of time at 1-0 up I think it loses it's humour and comes across as being bellendish. Imagine if that was the goons doing that to us? The forum would be up in arms and labelling them as lacking class (which is true) like many, many times in the past.

Besides, I'd rather the atmosphere be directed at supporting and celebrating our players rather than lambasting the opposition. As far as I'm concerned every game we've ever won the opposition haven't been brick we've just been too bloody good. ;)

There defiantly has to be a sense of humour and football crowds have always had that. But when you're doing it against a weaker side for an extended amount of time at 1-0 up I think it loses it's humour and comes across as being bellendish. Imagine if that was the goons doing that to us? The forum would be up in arms and labelling them as lacking class (which is true) like many, many times in the past.

Besides, I'd rather the atmosphere be directed at supporting and celebrating our players rather than lambasting the opposition. As far as I'm concerned every game we've ever won the opposition haven't been brick we've just been too bloody good. ;)

First point...frankly, given the way they were playing, they are a horrible, brick side full of drudgery, and no thuggee-out Moss-given point will prevent that from being the case. Belonged? I don't agree. I suppose we agree to disagree.

Thing is mate, away support never stops singing so there's always some supportive stuff going on.

I like the last sentence, agreed!!! :)

Someone who will press wholeheartedly, someone who will not duck out of 50-50 balls. He really is the weak sister of the team.
So I suppose his goals from those free kicks against Swansea and his five assists this season make him a 'weak sister'? And whether or not he ducks out of 50/50 challenges he runs his socks off contributing to the Poch press and the team's performance in general. I can't understand people who want him dropped. Who, specifically, would you replace him with? He definitely has stuff to learn but he gives us something no other player in our squad does.

I'm sorry if this is rude, but what utter drivel. Did you watch us last season? Today's match was like the WHOLE of last season. Mason and bentalebs biggest weakness was that they offered no limk to the front 4, every game was like today, but we had Eriksen and Kane pulling goals out of their arse to rescue us time and time again.

I think it's funny that their dier and Dembele partnership has been absolutely incredible. One bad game (that the whole team suffered) and all of a sudden bentaleb and mason could've done better.... Mental!

Actually the Dier and Dembele partnership first emerged during the Arsenal game. Before that it was Dembele further forward with Alli next to Dier. Earlier this season, when we were also looking good Mason played next to Dier.

Trying to claim that our success this season is built on a Dier and Dembele partnership is just factually wrong from what I can see. Their partnership, unsurprisingly, made us solid against Arsenal and Chelsea and was excellent against West Ham when we got the lead. Against WBA it wasn't great, though again it made us solid.

The whole of last season was not like the WBA game. Mason and Bentaleb had many good games. They offer something different to Dier and Dembele. I don't understand why that is controversial. I can accept that we were less solid defensively last season with Mason and Bentaleb, but them offering no link to the front 4 is completely different from how I've seen us play last season and this.

Bullsht - players in the lower leagues in windier conditions would deal with it. Their centre halves attacked it very well and kane got dominated. This gave them the platform to get into the game - attitude was all important

Rondon bullied them, they didnt fancy the physical battle and became worried by the wind.

Not good enough for international centre halves

Just to add - One centre half engages and attaxks the ball and the other covers. It's basic stuff and it was franky a brick show

The problem is that there's at most a handful of centre halves that are physically strong enough to handle a player like Rondon in the air and in close duels without them having severe shortcomings in other areas. Expose one of those lower league players to the smaller quicker strikers Alderweireld and Vertonghen get exposed to from time to time in our high pressing system and you'd see a a real brick show.

Our centre halves are not the biggest or the strongest. They will sometimes get bullied by players like Rondon. I can accept that considering their many other strengths.

Draws will not even get us into the top 4 ...points we desperately need at this stage of the season..oh I forgot its a marathon innit..:D ....oh yeah......................:rolleyes:
It sounds like some of the players were not at their best to-day.
I did not see the game!
The ref was a bit of a Wanger then...
what do we expect though...? a class referee in this country. :D
It just stinks....money being placed somewhere.
China..or maybe Russia.

goodbye....title chances...

Funny isn't it. One week were at the start of a new dawn,
then wer'e back to square one ..lol
perhaps I am overreacting ....but I'm so disappointed..a new dawn! fiddlesticks.
Oh BTW...those fans who chanted your brick to WBA.at the start of the game!
worst fans in the country..and complete utter idiots.
Dont follow us again. You must have done the Spurs players a great favour..by putting the backs of WBA fans up and their Team.LOL..WELL DONE!

I want proper fans supporting my club...not a bunch of idiots!

In a weekend where Liverpool lost away to a relegation battling Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project lost away to mid table Stoke, Manchester United drew at home to mid table/just about upper third West Ham (never mind Chelsea's result) the take away message is that is that draws like the one against WBA will not even get us into the top 4?

Draws mixed in with some wins away to mid table sides seems just about as good as we can realistically hope for at this point.

I can understand the disappointment with our performance. Though us struggling to get our game going against a now settled Pulis side away from home on a windy Saturday/Tuesday/whatever is not really a harsh criticism. But since when were we so good that draws away from home against mid table sides were unacceptable results?

I've started wondering if this "unbeaten since opening day of season" line that is being thrown around by all and sundry, fans and journos alike, is actually now holding us back somewhat??

Has it got into the players head that we need to preserve this unbeaten run, to the degree that it's now stopping us from pushing on to win games we really could've done lately (Chelsea, WBA, Arsenal) for risk of the run coming to an end??

Something to keep an eye on. Draws in those three games mentioned is no bad thing, but I wonder if the players are now getting the mentality of keep the unbeaten run, rather than gamble for the win we usually deserve.

Back